Can I afford a new Subaru Impreza WRX for $27k? I make $90k a year and receive an additional $12k in bonuses

Can I afford a new Subaru Impreza WRX for $27k? I make $90k a year and receive an additional $12k in bonuses.

Attached: serveimage.png (640x480, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ucp0TTmvqOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sage humblebrag threads

ofc you can, but it looks really shitty, if it is pic related

you can afford it, but you can also afford to buy thousands of chimney cakes. with a car, you must pay for fuel. with a chimney cake, you have the added bonus of it being your fuel. seriously, why would you chose the car?

Chekt, but not a humblebrag. I've always been used to driving shitboxes, so buying a nice car feels weird. Just want to make sure it makes financial sense. I also have $35k in student loans.

Buy a used 2016 Lexus RC coupe or a ES 350.

you are stupid as fuck
no im serious
You are dumber than the stupidest nigger in africa
this better be bait i refuse to believe a white poster could be so foolish

Wrong question. Doesn't matter how much you make.

It's about passive income. What's deprecation going to cost? Couple thousand per year?

That's about $5 a day.

Assuming you have a car currently and can cover insurance, gas, etc, etc.

You need to make about $5 per day to be able to afford this car, roughly... maybe $10 even to be safe.

And at that rate, well let's say you earn 8% per year off your investments... well you'd need around $32,000 to make around $2500 per year to be able to afford this car.

Now $5 a day is actually around $1800 but I'm rounding up. Factor in inflation of 3% and well you actually need more money.

But let's be nice. Assuming deprecation of $1800 (that's being very generous) and investment return of 8% with inflation of 3%, you need about $39,000 in investments to be able to afford this car.

You're probably some spergy software developer who hasn't factored in cost of living and and taxes on your bonuses and wants the first neat car to impress bitches.

How about you develop yourself as a person, spirtually, mentally, physically and work on your game. A shitty honda, the right haircut, a good jacket, looking semi-swole, good confidence and lots of alpha language and aggressive pick-up will get you laid x10,000 then some faggy car people will only look at in traffic in bored disdain as they wait for a green light.

OP is a fag always

Based chimney poster

Attached: kürtőskalács-vitéz-960x640.jpg (960x640, 86K)

If it helps, I have a friend who was in that exact situation as you (driving shitboxes, started earning more money, wanted a nice car). He bought a similar car to the one in your pic, but cooler. His happiness lasted only for like 3-6 months. Now it's just "a car". The question that you should ask yourself is not if you can afford, but if 6 months of intermittent happiness is worth 27k.

It's up to you, obviously you can afford it with those incomes. i bought myself new car for 30k and i make 62k year only. it's not wise thing to do but who cares. i have bought shit coins for past 2 years and accumulated 20k link. I AM MANIAC.

2017 WRX owner here.

I bought mine for $23k by calling evrry dealership in the area and asking for their lowest price. Omce I got a quote from each, I called each one back and asked if they could beat the lowest quote I received. I'd buy the car from whomever had the lowest.

The car is okay, nothing great. I was coming from a 2006 STI, so the FA motor is underpowered. I make roughly the sane as you. I have no problem affording to pay for the car.

Have fun user!

Not an argument.

The thing about shitboxes is that they only last 5-10 years anyway, and you spend a lot on repairs before ultimately sending them to the junkyard for very little resale value. That's why I figure it might make more sense to buy new and keep it for a long time/use it as a family car in the future.

Your post smells of jealousy, but you are fairly accurate. I got a new software job after busting my ass in construction for a while. And I agree with you about game. The thing is though that I have been having some bad health problems the last few years that no amount of game is going to fix, so the hope is to use the car as a crutch. I used to have game, but being this sick has made it hard to get it back.

This is my biggest fear.

Intredasting, I'm going to try this.

And I can't spell for shit, evidently.

You'd have to be brain dead to buy anything but a Tesla.
Full self driving wigga.
Do you get it?
Only a Tesla apprecates as an asset when they send the new software over the airwaves.
Only a Tesla can be effortlessly and securely integrated into a robot taxi fleet.
Only a Tesla can make you money while you sleep.
Plus it will absolutely smoke your fossil WRX on any track. Doomed, like the dinosaurs which fuel it.
youtu.be/Ucp0TTmvqOE
Save up and
BUY A TESLA.

Attached: images (37).jpg (199x253, 14K)

>subaru
>fucking bitches

you avin a giggle m8?

>I also have $35k in student loans.

Sick downgrade.

Maybe it's a lesbian

>The thing about shitboxes is that they only last 5-10 years anyway, and you spend a lot on repairs before ultimately sending them to the junkyard for very little resale value
They cost a lot less than 27k total over their life.
>his dad didnt show him how to shop for used cars
>buying new cars when you've got student loan debt
My man, I worry that you arent going to make it.

Buy a poster of the stupid car and get a bicycle.
You'll get in top shape, save money, breathe fresh air and being out on the road might help you develop better taste in cars.

Yup, it is. But I bought the STI because I wanted a (somewhat) practical car that had performance too. The STI gave me that, without having to compromise, except for the rear seats not folding down. But now I've made enough that I can decouple the fun car from the practical car. I've got the 2017 WRX for daily driving, a 2005 Outback for a yard beater, and a 2018 F-Type R for "fun".

>Wanting the least reliable car you can buy
>Wanting the worst quality control you can buy
>Wanting atrocious interior quality for a premium pricetag

Kurtoskalacsoskurvaanyad