I asked my boss for a raise but he said I didn't deserve it, so I sent him my resignation letter...

I asked my boss for a raise but he said I didn't deserve it, so I sent him my resignation letter. Now he is asking me to stay with a higher salary. Should I accept his offer?

Attached: getty_73212288_65424.jpg (1940x900, 51K)

add 15% to it and call him a faggot otherwise leave

No

NO leave. He will either use it to get what he wants all the time "I just gave you a raise" or he will "look around" for your replacement.

Either way, once this happens, statistically, were talking about maybe 5% of the time that the candidate stays and remains happy.

did you have another job offer beforehand?
what was your reasoning for the raise?
is his offer close to or exceeding what you had asked for?

No leave his ass

Do you have another job?
If so, no.

Never take a counter if you have something else on the table. It's just a way to buy time to find your replacement. Best case they let you stick around but don't "trust" you with the good projects. If you accept it, immediately start looking elsewhere

It depends. If you really only care about the move then stay. A similar situation happened to me and I told him to fuck off because I didn't care about the money and was bothered I was working under an imbecile

only if he lets you fuck his wife

You dumbfuck that is how it is supposed to work. You ask, they say no, you say okay by, they meet your demand, you stay.

Are you fucking stupid?

Pretty much this with the codicil that if you don’t have another job, take it and then search until you get one, then quit

this

this guy fucks

unless you have another job offering , no

If you don’t have another job offer, of course take the raise as you have nothing to lose. Presumably you have another job lined up that already is giving you a raise.

I second that

Attached: rC5M1VzB_400x400.png (396x396, 144K)

hes going to give the raise then fire you when he finds someone else. I would take it while looking for another job

The correct play is to accept the raise and then start looking for new jobs. New jobs always look at what you made at your old job to decide how much to offer you. By taking the raise you are actually getting a raise at your new job too that you will start next month.

trips of truth based on my post

Digits confirm I'm correct

/thread

OP don't do this unless you're Chad
which you're obviously now since you're asking for advice here

this is the only good advice itt

Accept the rise and stay. Then search for something better. Vengeance is a cold dish pal.

i remember watching some navy seal documentary where the instructor said that if someone rings the bell (quits training) and they convince them to come back, they fail out 100% of the time. The instructors are trying to kill people that want to be there, nevermind people that want to leave but came back.
this

This

But counter with asking for more money first. Then leave as soon as you get a new, better paying job.

This is exactly the way to play this. Getting higher pay now at current job will help you make more at a new one. If not, worse case scenario take a lateral move to get a fresh start.