Property rights violation fines

Alright, so I received a $200 parking fine from a private towing company affiliated with the property managers for a plaza because I left my car for 10min on the property parking spaces while I went across the street. I understand property rights and that parking is technically only for ongoing shopping customers but $200 for leaving my car for 10min is ridiculous. I get people who leave their car for like an hour or so( or even overnight like complete assholes) deserving it but this case is completely unfair. I dont think i was justly fined. Can I call the property management company to sort it out you think? If i have to pay a fine, $200 is beyond ridiculous.

Attached: 636251935483296383-Denver-boot.jpg (3200x1680, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RXtlhqZ-7Y
amazon.com/dp/B01H9BLHL8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_19F2CbJM83KPC
youtube.com/watch?v=CrL5tqFczPE
web.mit.edu/minidev/lib/boot
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kek you dint even have to pay those tickets you dumb nigger

>Alright, so I received a $200 parking fine from a private towing company affiliated with the property managers for a plaza because I left my car for 10min on the property parking spaces while I went across the street. I understand property rights and that parking is technically only for ongoing shopping customers but $200 for leaving my car for 10min is ridiculous. I get people who leave their car for like an hour or so( or even overnight like complete assholes) deserving it but this case is completely unfair. I dont think i was justly fined. Can I call the property management company to sort it out you think? If i have to pay a fine, $200 is beyond ridiculous.

Heh, that's what they all say, nothing personal kid

How else to i get ths boot off my car in a timely manner? I had places to go and it was raining hard.

Literally the truth. I just had to run across the street to my school to pick something up. It's in the city and the parking spaces(even on the street) were filled.
Now that i think of it, i should have parked on the ywllow lines on the street and i probably would have been fined less. Assuming the cops would even get to my car that fast. This is bullshit.

I remember coming out of a grocery store and this fat middle aged woman was in tears arguing with a cop that was issuing her a ticket for having parked in the handicapped space even though she wasn't handicapped.
>"I only went in for 1 minute!"
Those handicapped tickets sure are expensive too; close to $1000.

I didn't even park in a handicapped spot. It wasnt even peak consumer hours! It was 9am. Three cars in the lot, so clearly i wasn't obstructing business( for no more than 10min to boot).

I don't understand what the boot accomplishes. They don't want someone to park there because the space needs to be clear for what ever reason. So some brilliant mind came up with, "Let's put a boot on the car and keep it there for a long period of time."

It's a money making scheme by businesses. They know that most people like me, who aren't complete assholes, will be back before any toll truck they call comes to pick up the car. I heard some dude got fined when he left the premise for 3min to go to an ATM across the street. The boot guarantees payment in more ways then one.

You can find people on craigslist who will remove the boot for a cheaper fee than it costs to get it unlocked through the normal way, OP may want to look into something like this

Firebomb the office and camp outside the front door with a rifle in Minecraft

Im OP. I had limited time because the guy threatened to tow the car if i don't pay by next 4 hours. Also I had to go some where.

I wish. This is why capitalism is evil.

The length of time is irrelevant depending on how busy the plaza was. If people are scrambling to find parking and you wrongfully take a spot then don't expect any mercy. But if the lot was empty and they're just being dicks, then best of luck.

There were only three cars. It wasnt even peak consumer hour; it was like 9am.

youtube.com/watch?v=5RXtlhqZ-7Y

back to plebbit you whining faggot

Is it true Jow Forums has been taken over by ACTUAL, LITERAL boomers, as in 40+ years old?

This, bitch.

amazon.com/dp/B01H9BLHL8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_19F2CbJM83KPC

I'm 24 and a professional school student. Why else do you think I'm crying over $200?

Being a student is not a profession.

You knew the rules and you took the risk. Next time you try to steal private parking maybe you'll think twice.

So you're OP under a different ID? When did you come to Jow Forums first?

I was at home earlier.
Im phone posting now.
I didn't say it was you, idiot. "Professional" describes the school. Please don't tell me you don't know what what means.

I wasn't stealing. If all the street spots weren't filled i literally would have just parked there.
If the nearest school parking lot wasn't filled, i would have parked there. I literally had ro run across the street real quick and the parking lot was near empty save 3 cars.

>the parking lot was near empty save 3 cars.
And the reason why? The owner of the lot, whose maintenance costs are directly related to usage and who wants to provide a lot that is appropriately sized for the venue has found that his costs are reduced by actively policing the incorrect usage of the lot due to competitive pressures for parking due to the surrounding amenities. In fact, society is probably so uncivilized these days that he might even make a profit doing so since everyone thinks they can always get away with not giving a shit about the rules. Good for him, we need more parking lot owners like him.

OP, you need to look up the vehicle booting laws. $200 is not the ridiculous part. Booting is. Usually, you have to be parked there for 24 hours to get booted. You could of expected a ticket, but not a boot. And 4 hours to pay or they tow it? Sounds like an illegal boot operation. It will take a lot of researching and fighting but you might be able to beat this. It'll still cost you, though.

It wasn't peak comsumer hours. There were plenty of parking spaces.
I left for like 10min. 1Tell me user, at slow hours, would consumer sales was he missing out on for the meager time i took one of the many empty lots? I'll tell you, it's definitely not $200.
The fact is, if he had called a tow truck to actually maximize the number of free spots in the lot for consumer use, my car would have been gone by then.
Besides, i didnt even see the sign that said $200 was the fine.

What*

Sawzall

Imagine being an American where you have to pay $200 to park somewhere.

it might be a scam
youtube.com/watch?v=CrL5tqFczPE

Go to home depot and get a cordless angle grinder with a cutting wheel

web.mit.edu/minidev/lib/boot

thats what you get for going outside

fucking this. fuck those faggots

How about you park somewhere appropriate? It's not rocket science.

You took the risk, you lost. Suck it up

Like said, get an angle grinder and cut it off. I wouldn't even care if it costs me more in time, effort, and equipment. Cut it off, take it home, cut it into pieces, and dispose of it in a dumpster around town.

They'll get mighty confused real fast and send a tow truck looking but not find anything.

The revenue for loss from a nearly empty LOT for that time is definitely no where near $200. It was for a short time. I'm not taking advantage was when the only reason was that I just had to run.

Call the police instead next time. It might've been illegal.

If it turns out it was, or that it was at the very least unfair, do you think I will be able to get my money back?

Doubtful. You'd probably have to sue.

We're the original 4channers, you zoomie shit. [spoiler]you're here forever[/spoiler]

Maybe you SHOULD be a student. I hope English is not your native tongue.

>purchase four boots of your own
>place them on your wheels when you park
>capitalism mother fuckers

You can sue the fuck out of them if it's illegal.

Snapping the padlock off with two wrenches and some leverage would be easier.

I like the way you think.

enough with all the nonsense. They were probably waiting for a fool to park and leapt into action as soon as you were out of sight. If you remove the boot without damaging it their only recourse is to sue you in a civil court for the fine assuming they know who you are. You damage the boot then its criminal damage and a criminal offence and they will call the police

Probably not, just start carrying around tools in your car to remove them or even an angle grinder. Fuck them, they're scammers. Let the law be upheld by the police. Not these scamming tow companies and lot owners.