Wealth

Try to define the word wealth.
What is wealth?
Give a list of things that are wealth and things that are not.
You quite simply find out its impossible to define wealth(without collapsing into absurdities or other problems)h and the word makes no sense whatsoever.

Attached: with-money-bag-bitcoin-gold-character-cartoon-vector-19273883.jpg (996x987, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felidae
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Food, shelter, heat

Wealth is talking about your assets and returns

Non-wealth is talking about your salary

>Food, shelter
interesting these are possessions.
>heat
Is it really? Think about it. Lets see the other guys definition:
>Wealth is talking about your assets and returns
So are you saying wealth is only what you are payed for without doing practically any work?
>Non-wealth is talking about your salary
Strange. Do you think so?

And you have to admit that your definition clashes with people like who says its food and shelter.

Any comments on this?

Forgot to quote you in
Sorry.

Being happy and having minimum stress is wealth.

all words are arbitrary you fag.

Are they not supposed to have precise meaning? Because if the definitions are meaningless the word is meaningless and we should stop using it seriously.

wealth is having abundant material possessions or the ability to easily acquire abundant material possessions, currently obtaining large sums of money or high value assets to leverage for more money is how one becomes wealthy.

Attached: 1549905617516.jpg (396x525, 174K)

now stfu faggot

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-15 wealth - Google Search.png (600x242, 12K)

Now we have 3 incompatible definitions
>Food, shelter
>Everything that generates income except salary
>Being happy and having minimum stress is wealth.
So for you its a state of mind.
Why do you even use wealth then instead of simply saying happiness/comfort?

How many of you on Jow Forums accept these definitions or are there other definitions out there?

A word is it's *use*
When a pansy such as yourself hears "cat" she imagines "nice little white fluffy thing to pet and meow and feed from a can"
When a jungleman hears "cat" he thinks "big wild beast which may just eat my face off if I give it half a chance"
Both are the same word. But the meaning that appear in each head are totally different because in each society the word is used differently.

Interesting.
>wealth is having abundant material possessions
OK
>or the ability to easily acquire abundant material possessions
Do you not think this is something that should not be conflated together?

Also how do you exactly define "abundant" how do you measure it?
Give some examples of people with abutment material possessions?
Trust me the end of this discussion will blow your mind.

Attached: 180553-004-3B0AAC2B.jpg (250x350, 11K)

Try studying engineering or medicine or anything really and see how precise language is important.
Also cat is defined precisely:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felidae
>Felidae is a family of mammals in the order Carnivora, colloquially referred to as cats, and constitute a clade. A member of this family is also called a felid.[3][4][5][6] The term "cat" refers both to felids in general and specifically to the domestic cat (Felis catus).[7]

>Do you not think this is something that should not be conflated together?
no they are different, you could have billions of dollars in a bank account, but live in a mud hut, or on the street without abundant material possessions though you would have the ability to easily acquire possessions.
>Also how do you exactly define "abundant" how do you measure it?
more than you need or could use in an appropriate time frame
>have so many peanuts they would rot before you could eat them all
>have so many dollars you would have to give them away or forfeit in some form because you couldn't spend them before your life was over
>nations with so much of 'x' resource they cant utilize all of it themselves and can easily meet the worlds demand e.g Australian uranium, Swedish cuckolds
>Give some examples of people with abutment material possessions?
pic related

Attached: thismanaquired250kpostcards.jpg (612x920, 87K)

>more than you need or could use in an appropriate time frame
Interesting definition so you say that there is a maximal wealth number and after reaching it someone can not get more wealthy?

Knowledge, Good health, Good diet, low stress, good pussy, passions you are free to pursue, self-actualization.

+
properties that are either of good use or fill you with joy, unique ideas, great and elaborate concepts, wisdom at the fundament of your actions, your skills and friendships, your family and who else you're connected with.
-
>your bags of false hopes and wishes
>distraction goods
>including drugs (for anything other than spiritual or intellectual purposes)
>oldtimers

Now this is a 4 definition.
So why do you call it wealth and not well being?
What do you think is the relation between wealth and well being or abundance?

Having more than oneself requires

well-being creates abundance, it's why you would maximize the well-being of your children so that they could acquire as much or more than you'd do.

>your family and who else you're connected with
Interesting a lot of you go back to the happiness definition.
So what is the relation between happiness and wealth for you?
>your family
Do you think you can get it with money?

>Try to define the word wealth
Your true wealth is your time and freedom. Money is just a tool for trading your time, a container to store your economic energy until you're ready to deploy it.

>well-being creates
I like to use the buzzer here.
Practically everyone will define well being as consisting of happiness and comforts its a internal state for a human that is created not something that creates abundance.

Happiness can be achieved and possessions can help with this. However people can have pain or discomforts in them that don't cause a overall impact on their happiness however they be more happy when these defects are removed.

Well being is the overall state of the body and surrounding conditions like house to protect from the cold.
And well being most likely generates happiness in a human.

Abundance refers to the number of material possession the human has.
That most often help in well being and happiness.

Attached: 1557889834365.jpg (386x467, 33K)

>your time and freedom
I define this differently and disagree with the time and freedom definition.
My happiness is the most important thing about what I want.
My happiness comes from my well being (health, no sickness, not freezing to death, no starvation) and this is achieved most often by my possessions (house to protect from cold).

They are synonyms.
Time. It is a finite resource and when you're wealthy, you have more of it to do with as you like.

>>your family and who else you're connected with
>Interesting a lot of you go back to the happiness definition.

>Practically everyone will define well being as consisting of happiness and comforts
what a loser

I disagree you can have all the time in the world and be unhappy.
Think you getting stranded on a deserted island or people during the great depression. You can do whatever you wan't however you are unhappy(stress) and have problems while having all the free time in the world.

Explain this.

Wealth is free time and power (to do whatever you want)

you obviously do not understand shit, start with this guy

Attached: Aristoteles.jpg (375x450, 29K)

Is someone who has 10K and unemployed and will never be employed in his life truly wealthy?
He can go and get all the food and relax all day however he knows the money will run out and it will be dark times after this.
So how will this look?

In my framework he is not really happy while he has lots of Leisure time because he knows his good times are coming to an end.

>Aristoteles
You are like a baby pic related >:3

Attached: Epikouros.jpg (800x1200, 151K)

>Interesting definition so you say that there is a maximal wealth number and after reaching it someone can not get more wealthy?
no, i say that abundance is having more 'x' than you can utilize within an appropriate time frame i didn't say that one you reach this level you couldn't have more

Happiness has nothing to do with wealth though. A wealthy person might be suicidal. Happiness is a meme and is for brainlets. Leisure time is too really.

I don't want to be ""happy"", I want more free time to be miserable and more free time to work myself to death for things that I'm interested in instead of things that I am being paid to be interested in so that I can eat food and not freeze to death. Happiness is like retirement, when you're happy, that's when you stagnate and die.
I want to work myself to death, but I don't want to work myself to death for toilstein all just so I can sleep in a bed and live in a warm house.

10k isn't a lot even to a homeless man because the standards of what is a lot aren't set by his relative standards because when he walks outside of his box he's not living in his comfy box anymore and Big Bezos has a bigger box and can do more with it, like sending rockets to the moon and outer space. You can't send a rocket to space with 10k and a cardboard box

To be able to do what you want to do, you need money. Like what Spergler said about high finance

This is why I asked.
So how do you determine this time frame? Because this definition looks problematic.
For example I say having 1 corn of rice is wealth because you can not eat it in 1 nano second.

I base my definitions on human metrics like hunger not a time frame.
And yes there is a maximal limit to food once you reach it gaining more food will not be needed since you are no longer hungry.

>A wealthy person might be suicidal.
And you think this is a good thing?
>Happiness is a meme and is for brainlets
Wait what?
Happiness is the single most important thing in our lives. Without it we are in agony and no shiny car will fix this or make your life worth living.
If we are not happy what is the point of life?
Anyone who disagrees did not feel or can imagine the agony that is possible.
I think you should volunteer to be tortured with something like Waterboarding (no permanent damage to the body) for 1 hour or tasered to feel the difference.

Attached: Waterboarding.jpg (468x404, 44K)

>dumping the original scientist
>for THIS

Man talks about happiness.
The first skeptic to destroy superstition.

You're a faggot "skeptic" who falls for delusional thinkers

what kind of bull shit perspective is that?

How come you can’t understand me? You mustn’t have lived the same life as me! Oh wait, I know a solution! Let’s waterboard and taser you until you get the big picture!! XD

>If we are not happy what is the point of life?
What? Says who? Without struggle what is the point of life? Life is toil and it should be toil, but the problem is you're toiling for someone else like your boss or w.e., all so that you don't die of starvation.

Happiness is a feeling you get every once and again but it's not something you can *be* forever, imo. There isn't a point you pass where "Oh I'm happy now forever until I die" It's a momentary thing, at least for me personally. I find happiness in struggle too and while I'm not saying I would enjoy being waterboarded I have been in a difficult time and smiled to myself knowing that I will learn from this and ultimately it will make me a better person.

>Happiness is the single most important thing in our lives
[citation needed]
You've never put off short term happiness and satisfaction for something? You just go wherever the fun is? You live your life for "fun" like a child? Every moment is about having as much fun as possible? Obviously not
>Anyone who disagrees did not feel or can imagine the agony that is possible.
Agony isn't the absence of happiness

>Agony isn't the absence of happiness
but user muh happiness

Attached: OP.jpg (500x349, 26K)

>what kind of bull shit perspective is that?
A simple one you can remove your happiness by being tortured. You did say
So? Do you want happiness?
>Let’s waterboard and taser you until you get the big picture!! XD
No I asked you to
>volunteer
For torture. If you clearly are not interested in happiness then why don't you remove it from your life? Its a simple question. I think they are doing Waterboarding in the streets now. And no fear these tortures will not damage your body only make you feel incredible pain there by making you unhappy.

You want happiness or not?
Is it?

>Newfags

Attached: psht.jpg (250x238, 17K)

ur a poorfag

Wealth is a measurement of any resource relative to its subjective importance. Wealth is having, and the ability to produce more. Whatever "it" is is irrelevant to the definition of wealth. It could be happiness, it could be resources, it could be something negative like sorrow. A wealthy person can be sad, because they have a wealth of sadness. OP could be labeled a wealthy faggot because of the uncountable number of cocks in his ass.

>Agony isn't the absence of happiness
Yet this is what we are talking about.
You feel happy or not the feeling of wanting to live and being satisfied is what happiness is.
Then there is the other side of this scale is agony pic related.
This is what we are talking about in the philosophy of hedonism.
And if you think you don't have happiness now why don't you try some agony to get some perspective?

>You just go wherever the fun is? You live your life for "fun" like a child? Every moment is about having as much fun as possible?
t. wageslave

Have to go will show up later. Hope the thread is still alive the discussion is getting interesting.

Attached: agonny.jpg (704x720, 116K)

I'm not a wageslave, I was just saying some people don't value "fun" like you might and happiness to some people might be very different to what it means to you

Wealth is being able to tell the outside world to shove it

>some people don't value "fun"
Happiness and fun are not the same thing. Happiness is created by a specific chemical reaction in the brain and if injected will produce happiness every time the same way pain killers remove pain every time.
At this point in technology its basically like in a game where you can ramp up the "you are happy now" slider and it works every time.
It has to! These chemicals will produce happiness every single time in a human brain because this is how human brains work.

And the interesting thing is every time someone gets happy about something regardless what it is (normy things, scat necro sex) this specific chemical is generated by some part of the brain.

So happiness is a measurable brain process in every brain regardless of personal interests.
Now I really must go.