// LSG // LINK STAKING GENERAL // FUNDAMENTALS EDITION //

Right we need to get a daily on staking and how to set up nodes, anyone with any knowledge or who intends to run their own node please post in here and share with us.

Is there anyone who doesn't own any LP shares and intends to stake with them anyway? When mainnet comes out you all want to be staking as soon as possible for maximum profits.

Lets get our fundamentals together lads

//Running a chainlink node//
docs.chain.link/docs/running-a-chainlink-node

//LP Staking//
staking.linkpool.io/dashboard

//Running a Chainlink Node for the First Time//
medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2

Attached: 1518748610082.gif (473x473, 3.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FUDregulator/status/1128583941328449537?s=09
medium.com/linkpool/owners-contract-upgrade-ownership-staking-and-limits-e80ffe3c3e00
docs.fiews.io/docs/run-a-chainlink-node-from-scratch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

offload this memecoin before it is too late

We have enough chainlink thread pajeet

>Most important project in crypto
>Memecoin

let me guess... you probably hold BSV

Give me a 30 seconds layman's explanation of staking and possible rewards?

twitter.com/FUDregulator/status/1128583941328449537?s=09

Link to twitter.poll by Coinmetro. They wanna add link EUR pair.

We could smash this poll

Also you don't need to sign up to vote

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-143426.jpg (1080x2280, 497K)

lazy user here that doesn't want to risk my stack and/or set up a useless node that nobody ever uses. will be using linkpool and their NaaS not shilling, you can't have my LP token. am comfy.

You get paid in link for running nodes by staking link. The more link you stake the higher priority it will be. You could compare this to mining BTC when it was under $1 back in the day - the potential returns are huge if you are in right from the start.

I am SirGay's colon - all about to burst by the amount of shit that piles on when I hear the word 'partnership'

voted

Attached: manga-girl-thumbs-up-min.jpg (238x211, 12K)

I dont own LP shares.

I want to use Linkpool because im lazy.

How much am i getting fucked by not owning lp shares

"Fundamentally we're all nodes in the future... Nodes made of cheese." Sloppy Sergers

Just have to wait for 6+ months
LP holders get priority

LP people get priority staking... not sure how much that will effect your profits... who LP also take a share... any LP fags in here wanna weigh in on how it works?

How does Linkpool work? Isn't it a scam?

LP shares gives you right to a cut of the 25% fee the site collects, while if you just stake you get 75% of the total rewards and the remaining 25% gets split proportionally between LP owners. Just read it.

HOLD UP, why would they make me wait 6 months?

Go read their latest medium article

You won't be able to stake with them for a year after they launch. Also they won't launch on mainnet, they won't be ready.

Linkpool doesn't want their nodes representing more than a certain percentage of the total chainlink ecosystem, as it will degrade the security of the network due to centralization.

Additionally, when the network launches there will be very little traffic. This means that people who have signed up won't be able to stake the full amount they signed up with until the ecosystem starts to develop at scale.

Six months is a guess for how long it will take for the ecosystem to grow large enough that everyone who has already signed up will be fully staked, but Linkpool will still be under it's self-imposed size restrictions. At that point they would then be open to new stakers.

i think it won't be possible to stake without lp shares, they are only alowed to stake x amount of link cause otherwise it won't be decentralized

WHICH ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS IS DUMPING?

Well Fuck, I'' just wait til then. After that Ill just stake perma

If LP are not launching on mainnet then potentially running your own node will return big gains in link

I'm actually kinda mad. I didn't realize the importance of shares.

They've already said they will launch
Just no staking till penalty contracts are complete
Chainlink need to finish the penalty contracts for that part to work

Attached: Capture.jpg (812x580, 41K)

Okay, So i'm just going to consider Link pool not an option.

Fundamentally, is running a node hard?

Sigh
Just read the article

medium.com/linkpool/owners-contract-upgrade-ownership-staking-and-limits-e80ffe3c3e00

Might be worth just chucking in 10k on launch and seeing if any returns are made then. I dont really want to go to the effort of setting up my own node - you would need to rent a sever to guarantee the up time which would probably cost more than the returns in staking.

imma just wait on coinbase to start staking

They also wont be able to go live till penalty contracts are live

are coinbase going to let you stake link with them?

>is running a node hard?

It'll be pretty hard considering running a node won't even be possible because Chainlink is a scam. I don't even care if you believe me or not because come end of May, you'll know the truth.

Fundamentally checked

Rumoured

>to consider Link pool not an option.
Thank you for the check sir.

I wish I could grand you the same, no promises, been a rough week.

get out of the thread

Attached: tklwnih05iu21.jpg (960x740, 47K)

Is it true its illegal to stake your linkies?

any source for the rumour would love to see?

Attached: 1554908096475.gif (800x1000, 198K)

user warned you.

Nothing solid

They did steal the design for their staking dApp from linkpool, so their eyes are definitely on what lp are doing

Attached: images (3).png (701x438, 18K)

wow, yeah that's a blatant rip off

It's literally the GDAX template you fucking morons. LP stole from Coinbase, not the other way around.

Telegram trannie Jesse literally confirmed stinkies deposit penalty not required
> It's dead jim

checked and keked

Attached: 1522158114856.png (645x773, 25K)

Coinbase Custody is staking Tezos. It makes sense in the future they'll add more staking coins/tokens, so if LINK is actually legit they'll definitely add it.

Unfortunately for almost everyone here, Coinbase Custody requires you have at least $1MM USD in crypto assets to open an account with them.

>Fundamentally, is running a node hard?
no, they will make it retard proof. part of sergey's vision is specifically for average users to be able to stake.
of course if you're a lazy shit you will find excuses to procrastinate or use 3rd party services like linkpool

checked, wtf man 1MM USD in assets that's ridiculous. Not a fan of cuckbase anyway

Setting up the node is easy its just finding a safe way to run it with no power cuts and good security, IE a server. Not sure you could just stake off a home PC as its not reliable enough.

This is not true. Nothing about maintaining 100% uptime, investing in API feeds, building up reputation and do all of that profitably is simple.

Enough is never enough.

Attached: gecko4548.jpg (750x1000, 305K)

>Not sure you could just stake off a home PC as its not reliable enough
we are supposed to be using cloud servers/virtual hosts. they are pretty cheap too, 10-20$/month

>coinmetro

Attached: hp.jpg (896x960, 117K)

>1MM USD in assets
>10k LINK

>100% uptime
cloud servers
>investing in API feeds
that's a rumor spread by those scam 3rd party services to trick you into giving them 25% of your profit
>building up reputation
not a problem unless you're not using a cloud server (and are susceptible to power cuts) or you are a malicious user
>profitably
unless you stake your lunch money, those 10$/month are definitely going to be paid back

Just add a fiews or similar ETH subscription

I have 16k and 2 of my friends also have 15k stacks. We were thinking of all putting together and renting a cloud server. Hopefully this will be ideal

Dude this isn't just a random masternode that does nothing. You're selling data. For that you need to own data, that means you have to buy api feeds which are far from cheap. Holy fuck the amount of newfags is growing rapidly.

no you're a retard who bought to the "you gotta buy 50-200$ dollars API feeds" rumour spread by linkpool
i honestly feel sorry for you

Well you have to offer something. If it's something that anyone can do, then expect the staking rewards to go down due to competition unless you can provide a high amount of collateral.

Security and the integrity of LinkPool is paramount, and with the on-chain contracts now being trustless, it allows us to safely secure the LINK tokens within a smart contract that retains ownership to the address of the staker rather than transferring ownership to the node.
The tokens staked within the network will be held within Chainlink contracts.You and only you can transfer the ownership of these tokens away from the node to your own address, including hardware wallets.

You can stake if you have LP shares. live once there is deposits and penalty feature on MN

nah, plenty of eth node services and premium api sources to manage your node

retard

kek'd

what sources are you going to provide?

"friends" for now sirs when linkies become 1k one will be easily temptd to betray

when you say 'what sources' what do you mean, on all the tutorials i can find about setting up a node it doesn't go into this. how can i go about getting the sources i need to provide?

checked and i'm not worried, we all grew up together and live in the same town.

obligatory

Attached: StatueAnon.png (1920x3334, 779K)

>> 100% uptime
>cloud servers

Lol. You think 100% uptime (or even 99.999% uptime) for ANY service is easy-peasy just because "cloud servers"?

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

thanks for this great read

Also obligatory:

Ethereum as a Service (EaaS) option:

docs.fiews.io/docs/run-a-chainlink-node-from-scratch

Agenda:

- Finding API providers to negotiate with to carve out your personal niche in the market

- Your method of hosting your node (I'm using Amazon web servers)

Is running your own node hard for someone who has no experience coding etc?

Attached: 1557880725416.png (390x390, 112K)

shut the fuck up retard.

Likely he can, since we already all have nice stacks of link, I doubt anyone will throw $10k at some random tech they don’t yet understand