What is the absolute safest method for BTC cold storage?

Attached: 7866EDA0-B35A-43C5-9E87-C590D61AC2DF.jpg (800x748, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/story/coinbase-physical-vault-to-secure-a-virtual-currency/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Leaving it on Binance.

Attached: LaughingPepe.jpg (229x221, 13K)

paper wallets 3 copies on 3 locations plus digital copies again at least 3 locations.

Thats for you to decide!
Me, Trezor for cold storage with seed on stainless steel plate, secured in safe that is separate from the house.
Ledger (nano X on the way) for trading

>Trezor for cold storage with seed on stainless steel plate, secured in safe that is separate from the house.
that's idiotic don't listen to this guy

Cryptopia is also a safe spot

Glacier Protocol

i read it rofl
are they serious or it's a joke? i need to know before i die laughing.

Just buy a fucking ledger or trezor and secure your 24 word seed phrase off site.
Autistic spergs and edgelords will tell you to use a paper wallet or air gapped computer running a live linux distro. But they're neets in the basement with nothing to do all day than fuck around with this shit for fun.

Attached: 1555269873018.png (1210x1000, 231K)

Memorise seed phrase and don't mention bitcoin to anyone ever. I don't exist and you can't see me.

>that's idiotic don't listen to this guy
I did say thats for you to decide...
Why is it idiotic?
FYI you still need the 25th word(s) to access the funds...Even if someone SOMEHOW finds the seed, it only has a bit of BTC & a couple ETH if someone finds it, so no reason for security/the law/criminals to dig deeper.
Used to be a locksmith...the safe is well safe

this

i meant
- 1 site is not strictly disaster proof even in a safe.
- 2 plain text seeds are a very very bad idea that is why you should use bip38 paper wallets with at least 20 char password
- 3 1 word missing can be shuffled thorough in about 2-3 days that's not security
- 4 hardware wallets like ledger are shitty gimmicks
- 5 the entire thing is too expensive and also cumbersome especially for a non locksmith

my recommendation is
- bip38 wallets with 20+ char passphrase takes over 900 quintillion years for the entire nicehash pool to make a dent on it (secure)
- generate a bunch of wallets from a mint booted live linux on an offline computer restart before going online (private)
- 0.1 btc per wallet for better exposure management when swiping also limits the entirely unlikely singular key collision fallout (divisible)
- multiple locations even if a car sized meteor hits one you are still okay (disaster proof)
- can use a professional trezor service (trustless)
- upload the private keys to a cloud service and one or more online service they are encrypted and nobody can even tall what the addresses are (unconfiscateable)
- it's practically costless unless you count paper and ink as cost and you can be anywhere on the world even on the run, you can access your funds. (free)

>Just buy a fucking ledger or trezor
- the hardware can fail you (protocol changes malfunctions gets soaked crushed lost, electronic failure, etc...)
- as i said plain text seed stored anywhere is a fucking fucking bad idea it's so stupid there are no words
- you might be at the mercy or in reliance of the vendor for recovery (one of them is not opensource i think)
- you have to pay for it and it's just an extra point of failure in the end

i will give you that for an actual hot wallet you want to spend each month from it's not that bad as it's more malware resistant than a pc (at least now we think so), it just sucks as your cold storage solution that's all.

If you don't store your funds in a paper wallet created from an offline device, you're doing it wrong.

> shitty gimmick
> private keys in the cloud
You're an idiot.
Trezor / Ledger use BIP 38/44 you mong.
Back the the basement!

Attached: 1557610921269.jpg (680x680, 81K)

However the winlevoss twins store theirs

doesnt that just increase the number of locations that could be comprimized.

Another basement idiot.
Trezor Ledger use BIP38/44. You can literally take these seed words and generate a master key and make a deterministic wallet without the hardware with open source software if you want. You're not tied into the hardware at all.

Attached: 1540095564643.jpg (567x561, 32K)

>- the hardware can fail you (protocol changes malfunctions gets soaked crushed lost, electronic failure, etc...)

you realize you can just buy a new one and restore via the seed

idiot bip38 is a specific standard key derivation and encryption mechanism to encrypt private keys for paper wallets that is designed to be computationally costly to break.

it is a shitty gimmick your private keys are safer in the cloud than on a fucking $5 chink shit device sold at premium to tech illiterate numales.

you just compromised my wallet now what?
>You're not tied into the hardware at all.
then why pay for it?

Attached: w.jpg (1125x606, 231K)

bump for me and others that kept all coins on binance.

that's what i said about reliance on the vendor
altho if this guy is right it's not as strong of an argument

>Trezor Ledger use BIP38/44. You can literally take these seed words and generate a master key and make a deterministic wallet without the hardware with open source software if you want.
nah this is bugging me, why are you confusing bip38 encrypted private keys with mnemonic wallets?

you wanted to write bip32/44 right? that would have actually made sense.

> why pay for it
Because I don't have to maintain an air gapped live distro of linux on old hardware. All my private keys stay safe on my ledger and are never stored on the computer.
The is the redpill of the ledger/trezor. Your BIP38 mnemonic words are stored on a paper wallet like all these spergs are advocating. But when they restore their wallets to a computer the master key is kept on the computer so they have make sure it's airgapped, virus free, etc. They have to generate transactions and manually move them to a connected PC. With a ledger or trezor they're all on the hardware device. You can use it safely on a totally compromised computer.
Look if the $40 for a Trezor is too steep for you and you want maintain your live boot airgapped linux distro be my guest. But to argue a trezor/ledger is less secure is moronic.

Attached: 1542666053129.gif (220x193, 47K)

>Because I don't have to maintain an air gapped live distro of linux on old hardware. All my private keys stay safe on my ledger and are never stored on the computer.
i don't see the improvement at all in fact it's kinda worse you computer only really needs to be airgapped during key generation you don't have to keep using the linux either
>But when they restore their wallets to a computer the master key is kept on the computer so they have make sure it's airgapped, virus free, etc.
you gonna be able to swipe a bip38 wallet straight to the exchange in a year or two. also take about 1 hour from scratch to prep a stick and boot a live os if you really must.

>But to argue a trezor/ledger is less secure is moronic.
but it is literally less secure scheme than what i described and costs more.

i already told you for a hot wallet it's better hands down. not for cold storeage. it's moronic. you get less security for more cost and more troubles.

It's official. It's a Bull Market. The normie retards are here. Be kind, be gentle. Educate them. Help them see the light.

>Your BIP38 mnemonic words
also there is no such thing you sick fuck
bip38 is a normal paper wallet only it's encrypted i have told you already 3 times at least why can't you fucking read?

>It's a Bull Market.
not anymore
alts are rising it's over

until btc rises again
then alts
then btc
then alts again
and so on and so on until lil bobo jr grows up enough to fill the role of his old man

Attached: 1557361419448.jpg (720x712, 38K)

i don't really care i want btc to go up but i also want to buy more cheaper. so either way i'm fine. but my gut tells me i'm gonna buy cheaper.

coinbase unironcially uses a electromagnetic airgapped tent to create their users wallets

wired.com/story/coinbase-physical-vault-to-secure-a-virtual-currency/

this. if you have thousands of dollars of worth of crypto, you should be able to afford a 50 dollar trezor.

i could afford a bmw x6, doesn't mean i should buy one.