Leaf bros

Do you guys think it's worth it to convert a majority of my savings to USD?
I'm a leaf bro, and the fact that our dollar has dropped so much has got me real depressed and scared, I don't think there is much of a future in Canada, it's a sinking ship. Planning on moving to USA soon once I have enough saved up to buy a house.
Our dollar is really low right now. Something like .72 cents US. Do you think it's due to go back up a bit?

I don't know shit about investments or finance I'm just a hard worker who has worked very long hours for a long time.

Attached: Canada-Flag-9.jpg (4096x2304, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

trips says yes. i did this long time ago and my bank account loves me. i live overseas and i would never hold canacuck bucks. sometimes i watch forex to withdraw from my USD and get gains just for taking some cash out.

thank drumpf for that. tariffs is the mainnreason and i hope it backfires on him later on. we should ally with china from this point forward

Bro we're sitting on one of the world largest oil reserves. We could easily be prosperous if our pm wasn't a globalist cuck. He'd rather buy oil from saudi arabia and give foreign aid to shitholes while we go broke.

You're an idiot if you think the US will be doing better than Canada in a few years. The US is a collapsing empire.

>he didn't listen to the grocery jew

Did you post this on Jow Forums?

I have my TFSA and cash trading accounts in USD that way I can buy US listed ETF's and shit and not get raped on a 3% conversion fee or whatever it is they charge every time you buy or sell, my RRSP is in CAD though

Yes but i realized i should've posted it here instead

I hate knowing were aboard this sinking ship

King orange man is talking shit about fucking with iran.

The last middle east fiasco is what kicked off the CAD moon mission from 73 cents in 2003 to 1.05 in 2007.

If oil becomes scarce in the west guess who gets to unload their Albertian shale bags at a hefty premium? Granted once we reach parity again I would move some to USD but doing that now is the equivalent of selling the bottom.

In 2012 cad was higher than usd. why was that?

Owning BTC is way better than owning USD.

Hold crypto you dumbass

High oil price. Canada was exporting a lot of oil. That produces demand for CAD same reason why USD having reserve currency status keeps the usd up. Otherwise USD is worthless

>people have already forgotten about the Arab spring

Protip: anytime anything destabilizes the middle east money gets made in the western oil producing nations. That's about the same time isis used the power vacuum to start stealing oil and sell it to turkey as well.

Should I just hold my money until our CAD value gets better? America really is a falling empire, Trump couldn't even successfully invade Venezuela like Bush or Obama did successfully with the ME. He wants trouble with Iran which they will never trigger because that would mean world war 3. They are crumbling slowly, if strait of Hormuz closes the USD will collapse

guys I have about 80k in my bank and I have no idea what to do with them, and no not crypto (these are crypto gains)

How much time do you guys reckon before the CAD gets better? I've been watching the value to USD everyday and it's just going sideways. Do you think its value will rocket once Justin Trudeau gets kicked out of presidency in october?

USA doesn't even get any oil from the middle east, they meddle there because the government is run by (((them)))

Invest that money. You're not supposed to hold cash or "save" in a bank.

invest where?

Currencies dont increase/decrease with a change in leadership. They arent stocks that are driven by speculation. They will increase with a change in policy and subsequent economic growth.

really makes you wonder what will happen in a recession..

Attached: canada-gold.png (1384x970, 119K)

This is a bit conservative, but a good start.
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
Basically, a balance of a stock index fund and a bond index fund.

Even for leafs there's some good options.

Weed stock of your choosing for risk,

Cineplex, ci financial, one of the govt subsidized banks for free dividends

Tonnes of oil & gold small caps to play with. A few good potash plays as well. Roots is trading at 0.5 price to sales which is interesting. Just look around.

T. Leaf

the virgin loonie will keep plummeting, and the chad dollar will be even more powerful
you know that right?

Checked and yes, get out of Beverpesos.
Buy crypto, USD, EUR or Gold.