What's Going on Here?

So i recently got another shitty job that pays better being a runner for a real estate firm. Mostly depositing checks and buying supplies, doing mail, etc...

Recently they've been giving me $10,000 checks made out to cash, the back of it unsigned and asking me to cash it and bring the money immediately back.

I never thought any of it until today a bank teller gave me a hard time and wanted my social security #, the place i work at and a phone # to reach me at.

The hell is going on here?

Attached: checkmate.jpg (500x342, 51K)

The (((bank))) has your ss number and that it was cashed out to you.
Your job is working you over

so, this is like money-laundering or something?

can i get in trouble for this? im not even making a cut, and im hourly.

i dont understand the phrase "working you over"

Haha ah americans are chucked

You're bouncing checks and committing bank fraud.
Expect to be arrested in a few days.

Who cares, you're getting paid. Don't ask questions. $10,000 is above the threshold to report the withdrawals anyway, so more than likely, whatever they're doing is on the level. you could just be picking up commission payouts or something.

that's really not making me feel any better about this. is that really what's going on?

im on the verge of bankruptcy and have a lawsuit open because a CC wants their money back. Having a bank teller take down my info cant be good.

OP, how old are you? This just reeks of fraud lol. You should widen your asshole in preparation for what's coming.

Attached: 1557347812850.png (3000x3000, 541K)

yeah it does to me now too. how fucked am i?

The government knows he is "earning" this cash. He will be taxed on it as income.

Basically he is fucked come tax time. He may also be committing crimes.

I would say pretty fucked. Do you even have proof of employment? Don't tell me you get paid cash.

If you're getting cash I'm thinking they will throw you under the bus as soon as shit hits the fan.

You didn't answer my question though, how old are you? A grown adult should have better judgment than this.

Attached: 1553710086763.jpg (249x186, 6K)

28 but im not an accountant or real estate agent. just a guy mostly doing mail. I am on the company payroll, but the check was a personal check from a european partner of the company.

on top of that, the owner of the personal check is in europe, so when i gave the cash back it's directly to his accountant.

Seems like a scam/fraud to me. Why would the owner of the company go through so much just to cash a check? You think they REALLY trust you enough to not run off with 10k?

>Recently they've been giving me $10,000 checks made out to cash, the back of it unsigned and asking me to cash it and bring the money immediately back.

Dude....get out now. You're engaged in criminal activity. How can you not see this? Nobody has a "runner" cash checks and carry money for them
Jesus...get some street smarts. You can go down hard for this and serve time.

basically the company i work for is called QQQ, theres a branch is europe with the same name. It's the accountant, not anyone else that gives me the checks to cash out and bring directly back to her since the partner is in europe. No word from anyone else (not even the account holder in europe) and im not even sure anyone else knows im doing this since im told to just do things people in the office need or want.

The last time it was for another partner. But they're all personal checks, not company checks with the company name. And on record none of the partners are associated with the company i work for. They have several other companies that get managed by the real estate firm but arent directly tied to any of them. At the same time though, they are by word of mouth and shared office space, shared accountants, etc...

It really dawned on me today that this is going on. I don't think the boss of the company i work for is even aware this is happening, since im only told to do it by the partners accountants. Should i make it known to my direct boss that this is happening and if theyre okay with me doing it?

You should tell the po'lice about it otherwise you'll be the one taking the fall for it.

no way the bank would be clearing him

possibly money laundering, but I honestly doubt it

lol no he wont, but they may ask questions

ODDS ARE someone higher up at the firm is getting a divorce or something else like that is up. if they were this stupid when it came to evading taxes they'd have been nailed by the IRS years ago and no serious organized criminal would trust you, a peon, with this kind of thing.

likely this is just money being hid not from the government or feds, but from another private party. like I said either divorce or a spat between the partners or maybe someone high level at the company raiding the coffers a little.

you aren't going to jail and nothing is going to happen to you. what you're doing is not illegal.

That's a little more comforting.

I just dont want it to affect me b/c i have a lawsuit open against me b/c i owe credit card debt, and cant afford to pay it back at the moment. I dont want the judge to think im getting money and hiding it.

imagine being so fucking stupid that you fall for this classic scam

i mean its a legit company with multi-billions in commercial real estate sales over its lifetime. Didnt seem so strange until the bank teller today gave me a hard time. I still dont understand what the scam is. I only know i dont want to be doing something illegal.