SaaS general

Anyone building /built a Saas?

Attached: 13912428_991364707648916_5440123674814812107_n.jpg (533x800, 50K)

is biz now only crypto bullshit ?

Not yet but that will likely be my next big project. What's yours about, what stack?

I lead development of a saas platform for my job

what the fuck is a saas

I lead a highly professional shut the fuck up. Jow Forums is /crypto/, boomershit.

Attached: 1513292978976.png (500x731, 226K)

probably some lead automation tool, no idea yet
i have no dev knowledge though

what does the platform you work for do?

a webapp that you sell through a website as a service on a subscription plan/basis

give examples

Who is she,sir?

Shopify
mailchimp
Ahrefs
Github
Zendesk
Slack

As in you don't code or you don't know about what goes into building it?

fuck off pajeet

also another example would be a simple website where you sell clients to other businesses. Very simple through a simple formulary. You sell them this service on a subscription basis or "freemium" (you offer one month for free and then they have to pay)

I dont know how to code but i have roughly an idea what the tool would look like and what functionality it should have..

Why would you even try to think of saas concepts if you don't know how to code? What are you going to do, sell saas ideas to people who can?

Software as a service - most erp systems SAP Infor etc and stuff like CAD software, office and what not.

These are probably some of the hardest website you could make, you're gonna need some code monkeys.

Do CEOs need to code?

yep, i will have to pay some pajeets to do it

can you give examples of simpler profitable websites to make?

Yeah that's a tough journey user... I mean if you have a clear idea of the product in mind you could just play a different role in the company but you should try to at least pick up some react or node

If you want to be taken seriously, yes, at least a little bit.

you need money

t. dev who is tired of ideafags who bring nothing to the table

how much?

>can you give examples of simpler profitable websites to make?
No idea.

agree even have product management experience or something. The first startup I worked at failed, partly because management didnt have any software experience in any shape and couldn't provide value. Ended up being a huge hinderance to the company

what went wrong with that startup?

>MUH ideas are worthless
>MUH execution
Fuck this shit. YOUR ideas might be worthless. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time shitting on c suite skills crypto projects wouldn't be managed by fucking apes

I've been building a SaaS platform for the past 2 years and the burnrate is about 150k a year for 3 employees (and I get paid fucking pennies because I get equity instead)

If what you are a building is complex you will have to pay out your ass for a dev that you know personally; outsourcing will be impossible. That dev will probably cost you >100k a year unless you sacrifice a lot of equity.

Unskilled founders straight out of school, niche market ran out of customers, technical debt kept devs busy on bug fixes instead of features (cheap devs straight out of school)

nothing complex. a lead automation tool which automatically transfers data collected from leads to my clients
I am sure i could find cheap devs here in europe.

150k is a lot. what the fuck are you doing? Whats your MRR?

go watch wolf of wall street again you deluded fuckwit

bring funding or no one will ever take you seriously

won't say what I'm doing because that could potentially identify me, but it's a lot more complex than your idea - can probably get away with a shitty dev but you'd be running a bigger risk

we're not open to the public yet so MRR is garbage, like 750 dollars maybe

This. OP you need a lot of money up front to build the product, then you need to hustle for clients. your clients will then help you refine your product, which you'll need your developers to work on a continual basis for. You are severely underestimating the start up capital needed for something like this as a non-developer. this isn't something you can hire a pajeet to build as a once off. it's going to require constant change and maintenance....SaaS...meaning software, we're not talking about a simple website here.

no offense, but this is shit pay. if OP pays 50k/year per developer, he isn't buying quality, which ends up costing more money in the long run desu.

One man SaaS projects are the dream for developers though. anyone has any good ideas or experience with this, lets here it.

you can find cheap devs, but that doesn't mean cheap devs are going to build you what you want. then, after they fucked up your MVP, they'll feel no obligation to seeing the success of your project. good luck finding someone else who can clean up the mess without costing 2x as much.

you try go the cheap route and 9 times out of 10, you will end up spending significantly more getting yourself to the starting line. that you don't already know these things means you aren't going to make it user. your just another idea fag who thinks their shit idea is special. ideas are worthless, execution is everything.

>no offense, but this is shit pay. if OP pays 50k/year per developer, he isn't buying quality, which ends up costing more money in the long run desu.
we are 3 people in total and we all have significant equity to make up for the shitty salary

I am the only dev, my boss is a UI/UX designer (+ brings the funding), and we recently brought in a marketing guy - so that's the entire team

you can get away with 50k a year per employee if you are willing to give up equity

>One man SaaS projects are the dream for developers though. anyone has any good ideas or experience with this, lets here it.
it has been horrible in my personal experience, but that's probably because our project is too ambitious for one dev - I absolutely hate my daily life, but hopefully I can reap phat benefits in the coming years

>
it has been horrible in my personal experience, but that's probably because our project is too ambitious for one dev - I absolutely hate my daily life, but hopefully I can reap phat benefits in the coming years
yeah, probably depends a lot on the service. I want something easy that I can maintain myself. ...like a bingo card generator or something stupid like that that fills enough of a niche that you can charge old folks homes $10 a month to use.

okay I see, maintenance is key.

Do you need seperate devs to make the webapp and the website or they usually do both together?

i want to build something which i can later then sell off.

you want your main dev to be able to traverse and take responsibility for the entire system

for anything that has any kind of complexity, yes, maintenance will be ongoing.

I don't mean to shit on your goals and tell you you can't do it. Like the other user said though, you are going to want a developer that feels personally invested into your project....someone who is going to take responsibility for it. you're going to have to give up a fair amount of money and/or equity to make that happen.

lol

LOL save it for twitter, tranny. Can't wait to try your "Facebook for dogs" written in haskell

lol calm down ideafag

just because mommy calls you her big CEO it doesn't mean you are one