MTG trading

now that crypto is back, is MTG still a good trade opportunity?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1078x1408, 374K)

Untraceable commodities will always have a place. As long as you're buying reserved list and not new/newish sealed product, you can hardly do wrong.

>crypto is back
yikes

idk, i've some old cards but i suspect they're worth nothing

basically anything after '98 aint worth squat, the average old player might have 4-5 big hits in their collection

I guess i took my cards before '98, i'm an oldfag

Nah, it ain't all that cut and dry, if you got some modern staples (Cards used in a format where only cards printed after 2003 are legal) or good foils by chance, you could be looking at a $50-100 card. But yeah, if you are looking for hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a single piece of cardboard, nothing printed this century will do.

ive gone through mine and can confirm this is true. i found at most something like $300 in just 5 cards. The rest are almost all fodder even though at the time they were great cards. Ebay fees are killer any more. That cuts into it alot as well.
ive found a few newer cards in my collection that broke 10 to 20 bucks. far cry from anything from the older value. but that is why they are so valuable, few have them.

That game became trash a loooing time ago... as soon as win the first turn decks became possible... i wanted to play mtg, not watch some fat nerd suck his own dick

thanks to mtga prices skyrocketed. You shouldn't buy at the peak of bubble.

i play arena and it still has those moments. instead of smelling the person you just see them being gay.
not going to lie, did not know this. thanks user

Is there some site in which i can check my cards and see if they're worth something?
How do i get rid of the rest, in case?

Is that you Rudy poo?

Tens of sites. Mtggoldfish, cardkingdom, starcitygames, channelfireball, etc. Of course, those are their sell prices, so you can guide yourself by checking the avg between them and their buylist.

You could also try heading to a local game store near you, and ask them to check your collection, in case you found anything worthwhile, or right out ask them if they would take all your cards for some change.

First turn decks were possible since the very beginning.
Mountain -> Black Lotus -> Channel -> Fireball

The point of MTG is there are many formats.

Wanna be a degenerate and win on turn 1 or 2 while your opponent still has the chance to brick you completely with a counter they can play without paying any mana, but discarding a blue card and paying 1 life as an alternative cost, while spending thousands? Legacy or Vintage are for you.

Wanna play a high powered format, with a defined meta, but that still gets renewed every once in a while with new cards and bannings? Play modern.

Wanna play a cheaper format whose quality widely varies depending on the card pool from the past 2 years? Play standard.

Even in legacy or vintage, turn 0 and turn 1 kills are the exception, not the norm. And you can still interact with those things if you made your deck correctly.

I believe MTG is one of the best, if not the best game to have been invented during this past half century. It's heavily play to win, and RNG is an essential factor? Yes, of course, it's a trading card game. A newbie with a $1000 deck will more likely than not crush a pro with a $50 deck. But the pro will have a chance. while the newb can fumble on some intricacies. Put different skilled players on equal ground, and of course, the more skilled one will nearly always win.

this guy nailed it. one other thing to chip in is that if you have a ton of cards a lot of game shops wont spend too much time sifting through them. i use mtggoldfish as a guide and search by expansion. i divided my cards like that first to help narrow what im working on at a time because they all begin to look the same after a while. i have something like1000 tempest cards alone. im not ready to tackle that block yet. im working through my small blocks to get them gone first.

Thank you user, very good advice, i'll look into it

>MTG is one of the best, if not the best game to have been invented during this past half century
I whole wholeheartedly agree with this. The mathematics and intricacies involved are absolutely amazing

Imagine going FOMO on holographic Charizards at the peak.

L. O FUCKING l

how much do you think it would cost to make an undetectable counterfeit of any of these cards. I would bet with power 9 at the current prices it would be profitable for someone with the right expertise. that's my big concern about MTG.

it was better when damage could go on the stack. ever since they changed that it has gotten worse and worse

Yeah go for it. Buy cards, put them in safe, check prices in 5 years.

Attached: IMG_20190516_121719.jpg (3024x2657, 1.85M)

It isn't just really really old cards. I built an EDH deck like 10 years ago and a lot of the cards are like 20-30x now.