Whatever the reason...

>Whatever the reason, it’s clear that young people aren’t doing the single most effective thing that will make them rich: Investing in the stock market.
>What if you had started investing $10 per week five years ago? Assuming an average return of 8%, you’d have thousands of dollars today— all from investing a little more than $1 per day. Think about that $10 a week. Where did it go, anyway? If you’re like most, you probably spent it on Uber rides and Frappuccinos.
>The great irony is that you believe “control” will help your investment returns. In reality, you’d actually get better returns by doing less. The less control you have, the better. The average investor buys high, sells low and trades frequently (which incurs taxes). All of this cuts your returns by huge amounts.
>Ironically, every day that you don’t invest, you’re actually losing money due to inflation. You’ll never realize this until you’re in your 70s, at which point it’ll be too late.
cnbc.com/2019/05/15/self-made-millionaire-this-is-the-no-1-way-to-get-rich-ramit-sethi.html

Why arent you investing in the stock market user? Its how boomers got rich, why dont young people know how to invest?

Attached: Screenshot_20190516-112235_Brave.jpg (1080x1284, 404K)

Attached: b0c.jpg (840x472, 115K)

dubs of truth you dicksucking faggot

fpbp you NIGGERS

That imagine is of mt oberlin in glacier national park. I've actually climbed that mountain, and I would never, ever buy boomer bags in teh stock market.

>What if you had started investing $10 per week five years ago? Assuming an average return of 8%, you’d have thousands of dollars today
>invest 2600$ and you'll have thousands of dollars
This is MAGIC

Fpbp

Because I can't stop buying delicious Hawaiian Punch at my friendly neighborhood Walmart!

Attached: 1557975457644.jpg (640x874, 75K)

I'm doing that too you fucking boomer

consider the lag period from the society wide move from traditional pensions to 401ks and other types of managed retirement accounts that buy equities. consider the growth and size of ETFs relative to the rest of the market. consider the fact that shill articles like these are churned out 24/7 by the media, which is very closely held by the same groups that manage the ETFs and own the largest stakes in them. consider the increasing prevalence of corporate stock buybacks and what the motivations behind those are.

Attached: 65375437.jpg (750x734, 138K)

actually this desu. Just long the s&p 500 with 3x leverage and enjoy ~30% returns a year

Ok

> Another warrenbuffered moron

This, with their own words:
>If you invest $10 per week: After one year, you’ll have $541; after five years, you’ll have $3,173; after 10 years, you’ll have $7,836.
You gain $573 in those 5 years, not yet adjusted for inflation

FPBP

why are boomers acting like it is easy to invest? Who is losing all the money then

as someone who trades crypto this made me L O L

Based. OP, everyone here has heard about the stock market, but thank you.

kek, we're gonna be RICH

I agree with the general sentiment but we all know the stock market right now is like crypto in December 2017. Stack cash now and buy after the crash. Don't be a bag holder.

WOW are you telling me I could have had THOUSANDS of dollars???

checked, based, FPBP and OP eternally BTFO

>dude just invest look at me I made so much money in the greatest ponzi bull run in history I'm such a genius

Attached: 1482732155113.jpg (640x628, 40K)

I'm never buying inflated boomer bags. I don't care if I'm wrong and they manage to keep this ponzi going for another 50 years. Everything going into crypto is a one way ticket.

I don't buy stocks out of principle, I fucking hate NY, the corporate stock culture, and all the assholes involved with them.

Do I do that with options, or is there a different way?

Consumers. You are taking money from consumers, including yourself.

Just wanted to point out that at the end of the article it says that the Pajeet who wrote that shit became a "self-made millionaire" thanks to his website, book, and courses, all of which supposedly teach you how to get rich.

We have here an interesting circular argument where Pajeet says: "I'm rich, so I can teach you how to get rich because I know what I'm talking about", but if you ask: "How did you get rich, Pajeet?" he will reply: "By teaching people how to get rich, of course!"

Attached: npc golem.jpg (700x1043, 58K)

Dude, I know a boomer who has forked over thousands to some insectoid promising amazing returns on affiliate marketing.

They fundamentally don't realize that if it was that easy...they wouldn't waste time selling courses and lectures. There's some component of critical thinking that's utterly missing in Boomers.

Walmart think he slick...

How is investing in the stock market taking money away from consumers?

Then 2008 happens again and you lose everything

God imagine having a gallon of that diabetic garbage sitting in your home. Disgusting, yet still tempting at those low, low prices.

but buybacks are bullish user

>it's the only way to get rich
>literal pyramid scheme
thanks based capitalism

>self-made millionaire
That's about 20% of the population over 50. What's is age?

I refuse to buy boomer bags. They can buy my bags instead whje btc is over 100k.

This is how boomers got rich :
1. Bought a house back when they cost 2 years worth of wages
2. Sell it to zoomers for 10x the price

fpbp

I'm looking forward to all of the fucking pleb idiot millennials and zoomers who think that because a few early adopters got rich on crypto that it is somehow a superior investment to stocks

At the conclusion of the next bullrun when bitcoin is worth 100-200k, we will enter an era where many tech stocks will start outperforming Bitcoin permanently. The majority of stocks have been outperforming the vast majority of crypto since 2018 and this effect will only become more concentrated due to how the stocks will continue to be undervalued due to fuckwit late comers (read: all of the clueless ego trippers on this board who think they deserve to get rich) having absolutely no idea about the difference between speculation and investment.

Many tech stocks will have exponential growth due to AI and the next great justing of this board will be when all of you still think you are in the bleeding edge of investment by gambling on negative gain shitcoins while the smart money will be choosing less hyped investments.

I am really looking forward to this because I cannot stand the insane Dunning Kruger hubris of the crypto faggots. They all genuinely think their shitty redundant crypto will replace the stock market. The level of smugness and delusion is fucking palpable and you are all going to get a future smack around the face with a nice dose of reality, looking forward to it.

Attached: 1556123195471.jpg (400x392, 63K)

But then where do the boomers live after they sell their house? Under a bridge with their ill-gotten gains like some kind of troll? Or buy another house at an equally bubbly price? Either way, most boomers have gained nothing, just the illusion of wealth. Is the continued suffering of the young worth it just for boomers to mistakenly feel good about them selves? Fuck Ben Benanke!!!

based

They buy comfy 55+ community homes, always cheaper and cleaner and protected from nogs by HOA

>There's some component of critical thinking that's utterly missing in Boomers.
That and they've been coddled with bootstrap rhetoric their entire lives.

Boomer markets and fiat money are going to collapse.

if bitcoin goes to 100-200k, literally none of what you said will matter anyway because most people will have already made it

AI is a meme until proven otherwise and most of these tech companies aren't even profitable. The entire run of tech stocks for the last decade has been VC's and founders pumping and dumping their bags on retail investors and boomers with exposure in their pension/401k accounts. We are already in an everything bubble and yet on top of that the only thing pumping the market for the past few years has been stock buybacks financed by cheap debt. Meanwhile everyone is forced to participate in this clown world investment scheme whether you realize it or not. Crypto represents the building of an alternative financial system and if it ever gets high enough off the ground we're never going back.

Attached: ae5cd57fbf595e801a6edf9836f864df95f7262b77b4bf6e2e40cd40b607ea18.png (1799x398, 42K)

>some part of critical thinking is missing in boomers

funny you mention that, since many boomers probably suffer from literal lead-induced brain damage

Attached: Lead_Crime_325 (1).gif (325x365, 13K)

no u

Nope, they sell the house they bought in a city center back when it was cheap then move to a huge ass house in rural areas (ie : way cheaper) where no one but them can live (because no jobs)

>make it after 30 years of constant wageslaving and investing
Not that appealing.

Pretty much this, I live in a rural area and recently some boomer from Cali bought a plot of land nearby and is building a mansion on it. It even has heated floors.

user, do you really think we won't be throwing at least $100k into AI, automation, biomedical, fusion? Are you a no coiner or something? You're missing the part where the traditional stock market assimilates crypto into itself so that it can make things like derivatives more quantifiable and valuable.

ie, you're a cuck

>most people are only a 12x away from making it
You're assuming that "most people" have 6 figures in crypto right now.

The ultimate problem of this argument is the non-ergodic property of the stock market. The 8% annualized return is an average of gains. The stock market is non-ergodic meaning that you can’t use expected values to calculate your annual return. Think about all the boomers who had their savings wiped out by the ‘08 crisis and couldn’t retire. Now we have boomers in all executive positions given they had to work longer for their investments to recover.

Can't wait for tech to die a slow painful death in the next recession.

this actually sounds like a good system that is good for everyone

It's not a good system if you have to slave away 30 years just to buy a small apartment in the city to sleep in
Boomers didn't have this problem, you worked a few years and your house and car were well paid off even with a blue collar job

lol stupid millinials. just inherit more money like we did. did you know in 1968 i already owned 3 gas stations and a yacht. your generation is just lazy and pathetic. now get to work at mcdonalds and pay my healthcare.

I--- I'm only 8x away

It's ok to call them Jews user

BASED, fuck boomers.

[ ] not dabbed on
[x] dabbed on

kek

devil's advocate. i don't think he's wrong. it's just for us to reach the same level of financial independence as older generations, we have to sacrifice more. boomers had the money to buy their coffees and nights out and what not, while paying off their loans and cars and homes, and to invest in the market. meanwhile, we have to nickel and dime everything, pre game if we want to drink, and severely limit how much we eat out. and then boomers will complain that i'm not having enough fun with my life.

i have a mid tier job, and purposely drive an old car and live in a cheap apt, and barley buy anything for myself just to save up $500
a month for buying crypto and my typical boomer index fund. The thing is to reach that for most millenials means having to give up all the fun things that make life worth living.

Man my making it point is pretty small. I'm not like this NEETs that live isolated and broke. I just need a few more $ to have enough for investments and doing my business.
Achieving 1-2 MM from crypto is something not many of the sad obese people in this board will do. That is the same mindset that got them rekt in 2018, instead of realizing their gains in the 50-500k range.

True they fall for any scam online or TV. They are the reason advertising standards exist

>first generation exposed to the most effective propaganda tool in history
Yup

Attached: 1545033246506.jpg (1903x903, 361K)

NOT BUYING YOUR BAGS FUCKING BOOMER TRASH.

>1 BTC = $200k
>Jow Forums won't make it
Pick one. This seems to be your first post here. You're at a place where people who own less than 1 BTC are accepted as pajeets.

This article is right, when I was your age, I walked up to the stock market, looked it in the eye and gave it a nice firm handshake.

Look at me now!!

And to be fair to pajeets, they would make it in their country if their 0.5 BTC turns into $100k anyway.

This is a good way to socially isolate yourself. The average normie is way too far gone to even consider the possibility. They will ignore evidence and reason because it would completely shatter their entire worldview (diversity is our strength etc.).

Attached: npcdemoralized.jpg (1036x627, 137K)

>why dont young people know how to invest?
Because the stock market is currently not the best performing asset class and Crypto (or maybe a different still unknown decentralized emergent technology) will disrupt it badly in the decades to come. That's why

Filthy boomer scum can rot with their single digit ROR.

Attached: 2C5E5DE1-B75D-478C-9A8B-35D4E3EAA667.jpg (468x493, 26K)

>yfw you realize this story is another fake story in a long line of "news" pieces designed to get you to invest in the overvalued stock market that's due for a crash

>This is a good way to socially isolate yourself.
>implying user on Jow Forums isnt already socially isolated
But youre right

Attached: credentials.jpg (1080x1380, 749K)

>unironically wants zoomers and millenials to buy in when S&P500 is reaching ath
>wants us to participate in the failed fiat ponzi
buy crypto and hodl

he's right you know

DAB FOR ME WAGIE OR I'LL TELL YOUR MANAGER

Attached: 1557978243786.jpg (250x203, 5K)

Fuck Stocks, Fuck Modern World, Fuck (((Them))).

Haha wow your imaginary wealth is evaporating before your eyes old man

It's not going to crash. (((not yet))). We've got another 30 years.

>I'm looking forward to all of the fucking pleb idiot millennials...
>I am really looking forward to this because...
>, looking forward to it.

Attached: 1539800653291.jpg (680x645, 76K)

Why are the only people that ever call themselves a self-made millionaire some membook MLM-tier faggot

>failed
culprits would be bailed out again tho. So it's not failed

based ergodicity poster

I got justed in the fucking January 2018 crypto bust and I've made 2300 in crypto in 2 years of trading

utterly based&redpilled
this is what let me hold through 2018 with a shrug
it's not about making money, but stepping out of a broken system until either enough of us do so it collapses, or we die
boomers, jews, niggers, corpocucks and stockfags will NEVER see a cent of my shitcoin money
better to let it all burn

Only if they have the political power to do so. The millienial sentiment seem that they would rather to let these corporations to crash and burn.

based, redpilled, this, and /thread

Based Wal-Mart.

I love you

If you invested 22K a year for the past 10 years, you'd be at 500K in an untaxable account (14.5% annual returns after dividend reinvestment).

Based and stockpilled

You grammar like a boomer and you think like one too. Sorry man, you aren’t making it.

>and trades frequently (which incurs taxes)
the fuck is that about. Unless you're considering longterm cap gains, trading doesn't incur any taxes than the cumulative result end of year if you do one, or 300 trades. With some minor fees.

Based daytrading retards?

=]

literal boomer cope

Looks like a boy roastie