/smg/ - Stock Market General

Ding Ding Ding! How how red am you today /smg/ edition !?

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Previously on /smg/:

Attached: 1546631355785smg.png (801x1201, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-16/as-republicans-trash-mmt-marco-rubio-seems-to-find-it-useful
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ILU RKG

PROTIP

>Patience is a virtue.

Attached: BigDaddyB.jpg (800x600, 63K)

BULL TIME

Attached: 0___073.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

Im being patient but my options keep expiring.
What do I do?

IQ earnings released 430pm EST
CC at 8 pm
Pucker those buttcheeks lads GIVE IQ YOUR ENERGY
\o/

Attached: C9222064-87A9-433A-B193-9629B9E84DF6.jpg (249x243, 9K)

My trading Mantra: Balls of Steel; Mind Like Meatloaf.

Attached: Balls of Steel.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Stop trading derivatives.

Ahem.

>wrong again baggie
And now I laugh at you.
Ror

Attached: SmartSelect_20190515-160204_Firefox.jpg (1074x559, 207K)

We're gonna make it, friends.

Attached: pepe_bobo_kermit.png (300x169, 95K)

Dingdingding bro, any new restaurants?

I'm new to options, do most people just trade their calls, or wait for them to mature then exercise them?

oops, didn't read the thread or realize it was almost over. Postan 'gain

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm up .31%, LCI am coming back (for now), BA did great, BGS and MMM... well I can wait.

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

I'll be the one laughing to the bank tomorrow.

>wrong again baggie

Bullwinners win again

Increased 3m position today, that free money is about to start rolling in

Attached: rf.png (1155x1032, 439K)

no I'm a neoreactionary, I hate new things. This is also a symptom of autism, I wonder what that means :^)

Attached: moldy bug 2.png (640x480, 162K)

Trade them, and wait for the ones I write to be worthless.

I’m losing so much monies...

Opened positions in KR and MMM, seems like time to play more safe.

MO tipping back towards my buy zone.

I’m getting very frustrated by all the opportunities I miss out on by waiting, even worse then all the mistakes I make by buying.

NVDA mooning

What's up with Nvidia after hour price change?

Attached: Screenshot_20190516-132311_Robinhood.jpg (1080x2220, 298K)

+10% ...would've been over 20% but i took profit on my QCOM puts too early

might look for re-entry. there's a decent chance it's heading into the 70s

Attached: sosnigger.png (360x360, 205K)

Who keeps posting these OP images with animu grills in distress, hurt, and abused into submission? Is it RKG doing this? Stop it.

Attached: 1524970567452.jpg (790x719, 93K)

PROTIP:

When F.U.D.ing over an established position ask yourself the following:

With all things considered and being equal, would you currently enter this position right now?

If yes --> HOLD

If no --> Sell

>he doesn't like dead anime girl
never gon make

Attached: hysterectomykot.jpg (500x579, 61K)

its a real pic of relectant after I slice through her puny bokken

>cat ears
>dog neck cone
>tattoo of a football
>IV tubes
>graph paper background
this image make no fucking sense

Good tip. Thanks

That’s how I try to think but it seems to go against the idea of “don’t sell down here!” Bagholding

And I’ve missed out a lot by selling that way... but it makes sense to me?

>tattoo of a football
fucking kek, she's had her uterus removed

Attached: intubated.jpg (386x500, 39K)

Might buy some Pinterest tomorrow if it's gonna sell off that much.

Attached: 1556739521671.jpg (371x353, 20K)

Great job!

Any thoughts on uranium miners with section 232 soon?

Then you need to revert back to the original line of thinking, and reflect deeply before acting on penny-drop panic.

PROTIP #2:

Why did I enter this trade X days ago?

>Go over the sound reasons again.

If they still hold true, then you're okay. Close your browser and go do something else fun. Check back in X days.

>$2k to invest
What should I buy lads? need to recoup a $400 loss

Welcome! We must all band together to fight back the Armies of Judaica.

LCI

Nothing is going to make you 20% in the short term, user. Buy Total Market Index ETFs and win the stock markets for realz.

A biotech that you believe in. I've got a large position in GALT. But nothing in life is for certain

This good advice, but I haven’t actually lost money on penny stocks YET.

But... got fucked by biotechs which is a very similar game.

Thanks buffetposter!

Oh... you’re a polman. You guys are being hoodwinked by the boomers, they’re fucking you more than any shadow conspiracy.

Now that I think of it. Does even matter what happens to that money? If I lose even more I could recoup it working a week at McDonalds lmao

Or you could get 30% gains on that LCI moolah

LCI is going to drop to $3 tomorrow.

McDonalds pays $15/hr where I'm at

Originally /b/tarded back in '03, shifted to Jow Forums because shitposting is fun, then made my pilgrimage to the Wojack Wall of Jow Forumsael once I got back into investing and trading again.

>wrong again baggie

LCI opens to 7.20 tomorrow :^)

I guess we all have a shameful history. I used to be a robot back before it was shutdown.

Similar to pol, r9k also blames others rather than taking personal responsibility

daily reminder that 'Boomer' is communist slang for the rich
you should respect your elders instead of blame them for surviving

LCI opens 6.20 tomorrow

LCI opens at $4.20

Insiders know something. One of these days it's gonna be up 50% or more as shorts panic. They're not dumb enough to burn their own cash.

Attached: 1550951493299.gif (353x201, 3.65M)

Ror!
>wrong again baggie
You're just mad cause your optionios spaghettios go bye bye tomorrow

They're partly to blame for millenials economic issues for sure though, but I agree with you in sentiment. It's important to remember how we got from point a to point b, but blaming an entire generation for all of your woes may be part of the reason you find it hard to succeed.

Anyone catching this sweet Baidu dip?

I'm not even mad, even if these things expire OTM (which they won't), I'll recoup any losses on my SPXL calls.

only thing in China that matters to me is BILI

I don't even know what any of those other Chinese companies do

you sound super mad from the words you used in your post

>wrong
>again
>baggie

>I'm not even mad

yeah that's what clued me in
you gotta relax
+_+

BASED NVDA

JUST

Attached: 3C367D15-CBB2-4BAB-9043-0291A7B57238.jpg (1242x2421, 737K)

>even private boomer pensions getting wiped

nice I like it

I think those kinds of companies are super stupid anyway
actually fuck pensions in general that's what I say

You know what a baby boomer is...
Nice b8 tho

They’re the largest voting block and consistently elect policy makers who opt for short term gain and long term pain. These are the people who decided a music festival was the answer to the war in Vietnam.

I don’t blame them for my personal situation, but I think they’re responsible for the current ClownWorld™ State of America.

Attached: 76F716E1-6DED-49DB-BF46-38C578E0173B.jpg (320x217, 21K)

Even Marco Rubio dislikes the globohomo neoliberal markets.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-16/as-republicans-trash-mmt-marco-rubio-seems-to-find-it-useful

Finished almost exactly flat because I got bogged by KR

Help a nibba out.

I got another $1k to invest, where does it go?

Attached: Screenshot_20190516-142956.jpg (1080x2340, 298K)

LCI going to run to 7.50 tomorrow.
After that.. next week it'll run to 10 where it'll consolidate and then run to gap fill.. consolidate there and then run to $20+

A lot of good news coming. The only bad news will be recycled old shit.

LCI to $100

Read any good menus from southern California?

They can't hold it down for much longer. We moon now.

Attached: 1547583490856.gif (480x360, 464K)

Disgusting portfolio. Buy VTI so you won't lose everything.

I like the menu for sugarfish for nostalgia reasons, I'd go to the one in west hollywood with my ex. Pho 2000 is fun too, as is Sushi Roku in santa monica. The diddy riese menu in Westwood is always fun to look at as well, probably my second favorite ice cream place after MADO in Istanbul (which is amazing if you ever go)

Attached: sugarfish menu.jpg (3300x2550, 1016K)

Tomorrow is going to be a brutal day for LCI. They're going back to $4,20

fucking 16% tax added to your bill. Fuck California, fuck them up their stupid fucking asses.

Anything that isn't seafood? I like seafood but I like places that aren't all seafood.

There's a place in LA China town called yang chow.. It's amazing.. I go there just about everytime I'm around LA.. what do you think if that menu? Their famous for their slippery shrimp.. like celebrities go there all the time I think specifically for that dish

I just don't think so baggie.. looks like you might be ago here buddy

"Higher class" places do that often.. when they do i don't tip... mandatory tip?? Yeah.. kiss my ass.. here's your minimum.... and I usually tip well

NVDA good news on AI / inference GPU sales

Oh Fugg, I thought NVDA was going to have bad guidance for sure. Jews set the bar so low that they couldn’t help but forecast above expectations!

Well there goes my AMD puts.

Wrong*.. not ago..

>right for once, baggie
Agreed. Fuck commiefornia

It’s the “being served by and surrounded with beautiful women” fee.

Also, buy your fuckkng food at the grocery store if you don’t want to pay out the ass. No taxes on food there.

Literally says don’t tip,... I have heard servers be really thankful for that, because large groups of people will come and not tip because the bill is already so expensive. They said it usually black families, graduation parties and stuff.

LCIguy senpai!
It goes like this
>wrong again baggie
You try it. It's fun, you get to do it often.

>imagine buying stocks and not crypto

these morons can't format their menu properly, shameful! When I read menus (or actually eat at restaurants) from the coast I go hard on the seafood because I live in Utah and can never get the good stuff unless I'm travelling. Off the top of my head Monty's Good Burger is yummy but their menu is formatted for hipster faggots, the Spago menu is iconic but I've never eaten there, Bangkok west thai sucks horribly, I'm trying to remember more. I don't usually read menus from LA or the surrounding area, I like to read menus from comfy weird little family owned american restaurants in nowhere towns. In a couple weeks I'm going to San Francisco to get dim sum with my parents at Yank Sing, now that's a menu!

Attached: yang chow.png (1055x938, 593K)

>imagine investing your money in digital items

Hey all Xaviers school is recruiting again

stocks/options/futures/crypto/alt investing

we already have 200+ members
WARNING: IF YOU PLAN TO TROLL OR YOU DONT SPEAK YOU WILL BE BANNED
discord DOT gg
/pxzVVD5

When I open a restaurant, I will have to hire you as a menu consultant. DEaL?

Born and raised in California.. years ago I realized.. that so many people talk shit about California but yet so many people try to move here.. like always. Whenever I go out of state people always want to talk to me about California as if it's some type of God's land....

This is what I got to say about non California natives....... GTFO go back to whatever retarded state you came from and never come back. It's so easy to spot non California natives.. they're usually wearing cargo shorts and some cheap ass running shoes. They're shit drivers and they're all pussy when it comes to living life

Xavier's school for mutants, and the non-Asian gifted?

>Xavier's school for mutants, and the non-Asian gifted?
Exactly
The room has always been pretty based, lots of successful traders/investors

Texas for me. I see the opposite. I see California natives move here and talk about California as if it was some God's land, but moved because it got too expensive and too much crime. Then they vote in the same policies that cause high expenditures and crime. This is what I got to say about native Californians... Fuck off, we're fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull.

What stocks are you invested in that are less than $2

It's clear that the mercantile state sponsored system that China employs has beaten the shit out of America in the last 40 years.

The thing with America is that the last time it competed head to head with a rival nation with higher economic output, it was the British Empire in the early 1900s and America had all of the protectionist policies and Britain was the free trade Empire with declining leadership in industry.

Since the end of WW2 all of the countries that could compete with the USA economically had become US puppets. The British and French Empires were dismembered. Germany and Japan, no matter how much money they made via trade, could never escape the fact that they had US troops stationed on their soil. It didn't matter if America was running endless deficits when there was no alternative to the American dominated system.

Russia was pants on head retarded economically and without further conquests could never sustain itself, and it could never compete in the export markets for consumer goods. Too inefficient.

The Chinks on the other hand, with their one party state that had supremacy over the people and the people's WILLINGNESS to submit, were just autistic enough to understand how to achieve the wealth and oriented their industry to out-competing Japan, Germany and American manufacturing not on a quality basis, but on a cost one.

America needs to crush China now otherwise within a decade it will be too late. It may already be too late.

California? That there is for Mexicans and gays.

Now the Midwest. That's where it's at.

Attached: 1541122087788.jpg (640x629, 55K)

I don't want everyone trying to take my buy low sell high trading strategy.. thanks tho

It's really good though.

In San Fran in little Italy there's a really really good Italian restraint thats reasonably priced.. not sure exactly what it's called but it's good.. if I remember correctly it was by the hustler strip club.

One time my ex and I went to the strip club in San Fran (we live about 9hrs away) and the dancer that came up was a stripper we knew from down south.. what a small world

>pro tip
Complain to management, if outside of commiefornia, lif they add gratuity often they’ll take it off your bill and allow you to pay whatever tip you want.

The Midwest is full of literal niggers and rednecks.. I love america.. and I don't really have a problem with rednecks.. but it's just not that great..

This is true.. I know a lot of people that have either moved to AZ or TX to escape from all the liberals.. never really run into out of state people from AZ, TX or NV

>warmongering chinks
i think that you're spot on with the dragon power analysis, but being hawkish on a war against the chinks is a mistake unless we go full nuclear.

I'll give it a try