So I started wage cuckin' it at Walmart and they have an option to take a cut of my pay and put it into their stocks...

So I started wage cuckin' it at Walmart and they have an option to take a cut of my pay and put it into their stocks. I've looked at WMT's growth over the past 5 years and it seems to go up steadily with the occasional dip. Would it be worth it to even throw 5 bucks a paycheck into it?

Attached: 1557706158718.jpg (800x502, 51K)

pretty sure walmart's gonna get cucked by amazon in the long, so probably not.

are they putting it in pretax or post tax? if it's post there's literally no reason to do that IMO

Just invest into crypto, fuck these slave corporations

/thread

Amazon have robots to pick and pack orders. Humans in retail are a rare thing in the future. This is liberation wagie

No take your full paycheck and invest in companies that are actually profitable. Buying your own company stock, outside of a severance pack or unless your a high level executive, is somewhere close to the ultimate and final cuck.

>hey wagie, what say I don't pay you and instead I use your money to buy assets me and my buddies own? It's smart kid, real smart.

Satan always keeps it real

check the terms - there will be either an employee discount or match terms - basically, its free money, you can turn round and sell them again at market price, you've just made your 15% (or whatever) discount back. But $5 is improvable

Walmart and Costco are putting up decent resistance to Amazon and aren't going anywhere. They're not as good of stocks as Amazon for sure, but in their own business segment they are strong and more than profitable. If there is a tax incentive or matching then OP should absolutely consider it. He can always diversify holdings later.

Walmart has invested in automated farming tech. Amazon won't be able compete in that area.

OP if you can actually get your company's stock at a discount and turn around and sell it instantly then you should take the deal, but otherwise you should just invest in a mutual fund or etf. Getting rich on the stock market because of your great pick is a meme. It happens, but it probably won't happen to you and you are probably better off trying to start a business with your savings after some years than you are betting any significant part of your money on fucking Walmart.

I draw fat anime girls in my spare time for money, how can I expand (lol) this business?

>walmart stock
>he doesn't know

user how are you asking us this? how are you here on this board and unironically asking us this i'm calling LARP

Attached: 1557983743700.jpg (858x821, 359K)

draw skinny anime girls with girldick for increased cash flow

That's gay

I was a wagie at cuckmart back in 2013. They had the same deal- 15% discount on company stock. IIRC it was a scam and the fees to close the stock account basically canceled out the bonus. If you plan on working there longer than 3 months it might pay off long term.

Actually Walmart has suddenly positioned themselves to actually compete with Amazon. they not have next day shipping and supply centers they are working in and showed that they were able to get people to use their ordering system and stay using it.

But it should still be pre tax or locked period at lower price to last trade. Otherwise just buy spy or qqq in your investment account.

Enough shitposting. Get back to work Wagie.

Attached: The Boss.png (1600x986, 1.11M)

>Those numbers
>That post

Get thee gone Satan!

>amazon is shitting on walmart....

basically this. we are going to have UBI soon. The cucks over at pol will moan and groan about it but in the end it must be done. either that or enjoy the riots.

Attached: spooks.png (951x972, 310K)

>they pay you a pittance and then want you to spend it on their stock

Marx was right

Yeah, no. It's actually Amazon that is set to implode. Amazon can only exist the way it is now because they were the first. Once they crack, nobody is going to be following suit with that much expensive automation, upkeep costs (their shit breaks down daily and their oversized Roomba's are constantly dropping stock on the floor), they continue to abuse employees and used the 'wage increase' to essentially buy their silence for a little while longer, but it ain't going to last, and even Bezos admitted that.

They better be giving it to you at a discount from market rate. Otherwise, you are being cucked. If they sell it to you at a discount, buy it and turn around and sell it ASAP for an instant 10% profit minus (((taxes)))

My company does ESPP - 10% off stock price and you can sell instantly. It’s worth it in this case

Why would you give a company ownership of your employment even more? If anything comes up and you want to quit this just makes is a pain in the ass

If they're matching you dollar for dollar, don't even think about it, no brainer.

If you can afford it, drop 5% in, forget about it for about 30 years.

If you need the money for survival, like, "I can have a cell phone, or a 401k", and you're under 30, no brainer. Always take the pay, never a cut.

Don't listen to the retards here. If you have income, and can afford a long term investment strategy, do it. If you HAVE to fall for the crypto meme, put 6% in 401ks, 6% in crypto. See which does better in a couple of years, sell the loser. "All in" retards here will always be broke, don't take financial advice from them.

Walmart is one of the few entities around that is least likely to get "cucked" by Amazon, and aren't going anywhere.

But, then, I don't take financial advice from anyone who uses the word "cuck", anyway.

Walmart has a new kiosk system that, if they don't have something in the store you want, you can order it right there, and it will be delivered.

Walmart is doing fine. They're a half a trillion dollar a year company. Stop thinking you know better than they do.

I was going to say this. Watch out for fees, aka transaction fees, broker fees, trading fees. Whatever the fuck they call it. Although strangely enough, that usually goes to the broker dealer and not Walmart explicitly, unless it’s just grossly raised

>walmart
>brick and mortar
>2019

yikes