>dude avoid PMI
>dude real estate is such a good investment

>need $47k for a down payment on a $200k house

tell me again how this isn't a scam?

Attached: 857852.png (264x150, 44K)

>need 94k for a 400k down payment
Fixed that for you.

Is there an alternative? Who wants to be cucked by a landlord

of course it's a scam. Everything is designed to keep you from becoming one of them.

There are so many millennials living in vans, Rvs and cars

Buy the top user

I'd rather be cucked by a lanlord than be cucked by
-the city rules
-property taxes
-scam tenants
-bank loan
-real estate agent
-scam contractors/plumbers/etc
-furniture stores
-housing bubble

landords get cucked by everyone

and thats good

maybe not for them, but in general

Well if rent and mortgage costs the same thing you might as well put equity on it. If you can rent for $300 a month by all means go for it

Yeah this is what I don’t understand, there will always be shit to rent, I just pay and take care of the house and get my deposit when I leave
Didn’t have to deal with anything except one monthly payment.
I fuck with renting, and my landlord is cool we shot a commercial for his other company shits easy

How so?

You get to live there forever also you only need 3% to buy and like 18% to avoid mortgage insurance

I'm buying a manufactured cabin and plopping it in bumfuck nowhere in the mountains in Montana and making several white babies with my girl

Rent and mortgage cost about the same you might as well pay the mortgage and rent out to you friends as roommates

my rent is $650 for a 1br 1bth

Reminder that our generations is the last to able to afford housing at all, your children and grandchildren will never make enough even with a good job to buy a house outright.

Boomer die-off might fix shit a little. Just remember not to buy on the coasts; they'll be underwater within the next century.

We have a generation of kids growing up who will have nowhere healthy to raise families.

housing is overpriced but i dont see it crashing anytime soon. we import too many people and boomers all want higher prices so government will keep catering to them for the next 15 years at least.
ive been thinking of buying a place with a friend i've known since childhood, i'd live in the basement and he'd live upstairs, share a kitchen (duplex would be ideal but not many in our area), and i think it would be worthwhile.
i pay $1500 for rent right now
we're looking at houses around $500k (median price in the city), so we'd each have a 50k down payment, 25 year mortgage at 3.29% + property tax + maintenace at 1% a year = $1393/month
so i'd save $100 a month and after 25 years it'd be paid off.
after it's paid off I could live there for only property tax + maintenace, so only ~$400/month today. after 25 years property tax will probably be higher, maybe total $500-600 but the house will probably appreciate too.

we both make enough that we could cover an entire mortgage ourselves if one of us lost our job, although that would make us house poor, but we'll of course talk with lawyers to get a proper agreement.

If I rent instead, took the 50k down payment and got 8% for 25 years, I'd only be at 342k, which at 8% would give 2.2k/month. rent has shown to increase about $200/month over 10 years so it would probably be around 2k/month after 25 years. so investments could pay for rent plus gain $200/month.
Buying after 25 years would probably give me $410k-666k equity in the house (assuming 2%-4% growth) and only ~$500 or $600/month in ongoing costs.

I don't like the idea of buying boomer bags, but it seems like a better financial decision. Kinda sucks living with a "roommate" again but with a separate living area I can retreat to, I should be fine for the long term.
Anything wrong with this plan?

getting fat checks of several thousands of dollars every month is pretty nice. all that shit you listed are non issues.

Attached: 1535668549116.png (332x332, 148K)

>what is HOA

>all that shit you listed are non issues.
they are to me, my time is worth $60+/h and growing. Anytime wasted learning about and dealing with menial houseowning shit is literally costing me money.

If you're low IQ/low skilled then it might be worth it for you to waste your time doing it.

And no Jow Forums is not a waste of time because I enjoy it and is fully stress-free, unlike doing menial house shti.