Making it is making me depressed

Making it is making me depressed.

It is deconstructing my entire world view that working hard pays off. I come from a working class household and saw my dad breaking his back to put food on the table. All those values that have been instilled into my psyche are at conflict with the notion that I can make hundreds and thousands of dollars by clicking buttons.

I got my boomer dad into crypto and I feel bad for him. It must be worse for him seeing this easy it is to earn money after years of labor. At least he can enjoy his retirement I suppose but that must be a hard fucking pill to swallow when you have convinced yourself that integrity of hard work pays off due to capitalist brainwashing.

Attached: IMG_2589.jpg (300x243, 16K)

Work smart not hard. Your dad was born into a corrupt system BUT he probably had countless opportunities to realise it and figure out how to exploit that system. Honestly tired of this meme that breaking your back for your boss is somehow virtuous, it isn't. It's inspiring to the extent that it requires strength, much how witnessing a horse race may inspire you with the majesty of the horses strength. Possessing a virtuous quality does not guarantee a virtuous character as it's how you wield the power that ultimately defines your life.

Your father could have probably found the time, somewhere, to read the five or ten books necessary to understand the fundamentals of financial markets, capitalism, globalism, and the direction the sociopolitical scales were tipped in. With a basic understanding in how human labour would become obsolete, and how compound math works, again available with just a cursory examination of the almost universally recommended literature of the time he could have made a lot of money with the huge opportunities in the 80s.

But he probably looked at the existing elites and academics who kept banging on about this stuff with a mix of intimidation and hesitation and resorted to staying within his comfort zones, probably watching sports and drinking beers with his friends, I am not disparaging those choices, but simply explaining how if you choose the entertainment and lifestyle of the common man, you will live the life of the common man. It is the nature of life and the universe that a quality of life that exceeds the average person's requires the mindset of the un-average person to acquire.

tl;dr buy LINK.

good post

your dad could have put 250 bucks into apple, amazon, or even gold every month as well.

pic very much related

Attached: .jpg (819x1024, 175K)

>Dad was making over 100k a year in the late 90's to mid 2000's
>Blew all of his money on apartment rent, random shit on eBay, and weed
>Nothing significant left to me when he died

>Fast forward to my life now
>31 years old
>make 30k a year
>No college degree
>Still managed to save up 20k in USD and 60k in crypto

Why are boomers so fucking bad with money?

Attached: 1520754892305.jpg (4256x2832, 1008K)

Well he is pretty comfortable. Has mortgage paid off. Mom didn't divorce him so has company. About to start getting pension payments. I hope my crypto guidance will give him a comfy retirement as a thank you for raising me and the cure the guilt I feel seeing him aa a victim of capitalist blue pills.

Are you making it? Make sure your intentions are good, and you won't feel depressed. If you really made it, be grateful that you got a ticket out for you and your family. Reflect on your life and what you find important.

I haven't made it yet but I have hope.

You have to realize that the idea that there is some kind of intrinsic value to labor is based on nothing. It is literally just a cope.

Welcome to capitalism faggot. This is literally how it’s always been.

well some people are happy like that.

my dad worked in an office job and went to busines trip all over europe.
some day he said i hate busines trips, and got another job ( back in the days you could just quit and get another job the next day lol ) he worked outside for a company who makes buildings he was good at welding.

so he welded for the rest of his life and was happy.

and even when he had holidays he was working outside, he was so obsessed with work even now at age 60 or sth he repairs and fixes things which arent broken.
he doesn´t know what to do without work.

i have given up telling him things, if he wants to work he should work.

he will build a new stepway in his garden without any reason next week...

some people just like to work i guess

i could give him a million next week he would probably just buy better tools to work more efficient

based satanposter

Hail

>oh no, I feel so bad for making money so easily
>my dad worked very hard to make not much money and I want to be like him, I really want to EARN my money
>my dad must be so upset that the child he raised is now making a lot of money without much effort, surely he would have wanted me working in a mineral mine making a slightly above average wage

What the fuck is wrong with you? You think your dad would be SAD that his kid isn't a totally useless fuckup? You think your parents would be annoyed that their kid is making lots of money? You're 'depressed' to find out that caloric effort expended doesn't equal a certain amount of $USD?

Jesus fucking Christ, you feeble minded NPC retards were never meant to make it, some people truly should never have made money. It's ok you'll probably lose it all one day holding some animal named shitcoin.

oh my fuck this is accurate

When I made £100k I felt so fucking depressed.
Because it didn't change anything, it just made things worse in fact. Sure it gave me more confidence but women would still not be interested unless a friend tipped them off about my earnings. So basically women were only interested in my money which made it even more depressing. Plus friends and family changed how they treated me its unreal..

Don't you dare talk shit about birdchain

Based thread, I feel you OP. For the longest of times I've believed that hard work pays off and that people who don't put in the effort and don't make sacrifices don't deserve to make it. I still want to believe that, but sometimes it makes me feel like the horse from Animal Farm.

a combination of both is what you need.
Work hard and work smart.

You can do one of these things and still make it (example; working your way up a company over decades and become CEO, or buy le meme coins in 2012).

But if you had programmed and worked your ass of to build a meme coin in 2012, market it, and build a community around it yourself that's when you really make it (Charlie Lee, Satoshi himself, vitalik, or someone like Jihan wu setting up asic mining company etc.).

therefore you dont tell anyone how much you make and get a girlfriend who dont care about money.

bonus points if you met your girl in school/college with a chance she gets rich in her "carreer" lel

>Sure it gave me more confidence but women would still not be interested unless a friend tipped them off about my earnings. So basically women were only interested in my money which made it even more depressing.

If women didn't find you physically attractive before, they weren't going to now that you simply make more money, without knowing about the money. That's what you brought to the table. You were into them because you found them attractive, that was what they bought to the table. You can get to them by being attractive and charadmaric, or by having enough money to keep them around and not engaging with people they lust after. This is your redpill. It's not even that bad, you can secure a legacy at least, think of women as merely the means to do that, not the end goal.

t. Guy who had a load of girls after him while I was a known broke NEET with the same 1 outfit wardrobe

Even if you only do one of those things, the investment disparity of buying memecoins a few years early vs wagecucking for life is immense.

The joke is i am attractive but just retarded when it comes to women, I just be myself and apparently thats too weird for most.

Your dad is a jewish slave and probably low iq. He’s what is known as a goyim

Can i get rich just pressing the buttons on me phone or do i press the ones on the keyboard?

Even CEOs are wageslaves. He makes much less money than the president and works a looooooooooot more.

Don't stop being yourself. You'll eventually find a girl who likes you the way you are. I'm being serious. You can't put on an act for the rest of your life just to make some skank happy.

Rare quality post. Checked and screecapped.

>trips for trips!

Never underestimate the slave's desire to remain a slave. So many people's eyes glaze over when you suggest to then that being an employee is literally being a cucck.

>probably watching sports and drinking beers with his friends,
And I'd kill to have that again. We spend so much time chasing material goods that we don't value the things that are much more valuable anymore - human relationships.

Evil trips.
Do you have some book reccs user?

>why can’t I be rich AND have a social life AND not have to work like my favourite instagrammers

See: law of equivalent exchange

You want to be rich you must sacrifice something, romance, friendship, not being autistic, free time, rest, etc. Something. If a person has everything always question what they exchanged that you do not see (dignity etc)

>You want to be rich you must sacrifice something, romance, friendship, not being autistic, free time, rest, etc. Something. If a person has everything always question what they exchanged that you do not see (dignity etc)

how would you describe bill gates?

HE IS A THIEF OF WOZ'S AND JOBS' CREATIVITY AND ARTISTIC GENIUS

This describes my dad, he definitely is smart enough to understand the system and probably does but he is extremely stubborn and still sticks with the idea of working his ass off all day because he grew up in a working class family in London. I convinced him to buy Link and he did but he still sticks with the idea that you earn money through hard labor.
Hard labor is a virtue, but not in a capitalist system run by (((them))) where the fruits of your labor are not recognized.

Quality post.

If you research more, you will realize it's all because of the Jews. His values are healthy, its the system that's degenerate.
Hard work pays off in the objective sense, it's just that the system steals the wealth from the creators. It's done by a combination of taxes, money printing and regulations that keep "little goys" down.
Finance and speculation has its place in the economy, but right now they consume the economy. Some of the smartest people are spending most of their time thinking how to push ads to people more efficiently, while working on genuinely productive things pays much less. It's beyond absurd.

>don't make sacrifices

Which is exactly what we're doing. Generally speaking, we're taking our income and instead of blowing it on booz at the bar or monthly payments on a F150, we've decided to not reward ourselves to take on the risk of the crypto market for a potential reward.

Don't feel bad, we've taken on a risk most people wouldn't.

Doing satisfying work is programmed into men, physiologically. I’ve had times in my life where I was working my ass off, but it was for something I loved doing at the time, and that is the happiest I have been. I wasn’t worried about getting rich, just doing badass shit with my friends. Since then, I’ve had periods where I don’t have to work for decent periods at a time, and I find myself going crazy or becoming a degenerate piece of shit.

There is no one truth for everyone, but my truth is that I need to be productive towards things that are meaningful to me. This should be relatable to most people. So your goal shouldn’t be to escape work, just escape the machine. And you don’t even need to be rich to do that, it all seems pretty simple in theory