Only BTC matters

I've been browsing /biz and observing the market for 1,5 years now and invested in a few coins I thought were legit projects with actual use case. In the past couple days I realized I made more or less the same profits from altcoins as if I solely had invested in BTC.

Alts/shitcoins don't matter at this point and they're years away from real life adoption and independent price raise. ETH pumps when BTC pumps, LINK pumps when BTC pumps, HOT pumps when BTC pumps, XRP pumps when BTC pumps (they also get dumps from Escrow lol wtf)

Why not just go all in BTC? It seems the easiest way.

Attached: btc_simba.png (657x351, 355K)

finally my kind of thread
tomorrow is bitcoin pizza day!
a dude paid $80.000.000 for 2 pizzas

>he thinks crypto is "investing"
>he thinks usd value going up is "profit"
>he values future of anything by "my gains last year and half" metric

KYS NEWFAG

Attached: 1555962086327.png (500x533, 66K)

well technically it's not investment it's speculation, but so are stocks really.

HAhahahaha 2018 BTC -50% , HOT +1000%

that only means you are a brainlet

Imagine if u invested in antshares early.

simple math proves you wrong:
buying the BTC recent bottom of 3k to current high of 8k = ~2.5x

buying LINK recent bottom of 15 cents to recent high $1.00 = ~6.5x

buying BAT recent bottom of 10 cents to recent high of 40 cents = 4x

These numbers are delusional. When you read "xx coin went up 80% this month" they add ALL the gains together and left out the minus gains. That's just stupid.

we can't help a brainlet like you sorry

cherrypicking if you gamble and pick the one golden egg from 2000 shitcoins and manage to hold it in just the right interval sure. it's just 99.9% that tries loses fucking money. it's the same with stocks and index funds.

Wtf i hold only btc eth and link since late 2016/early 2017

Eth and link outperformed btc by large margin since i got in.
I GAINED nothing before i cash out or can use btc eth or link in everyday life (protip:i cant)
Only GAINS i have is cashing out 30% near top (not really top but whatever)

What the fuck confuses you here?

Attached: 1514924091239s.jpg (125x124, 3K)

Because we're fuckingPOOOOOOOOOOOOR you god damn fagot
I need at least two 10x's on shitcoins before I go all in on BTC and hold

I need minimum 21 BTC before I hold BTC forever

if you hold 1 btc for 7 years you gonna be fine.
just about any 3 year period of hodl on btc gave you insane profits and one 3 year period where you lost a little bit but still held most of your value.

99.9% loses money????
How new are you?

Open historical charts.. nay top 100 coin that was here 3 years ago and is still here destroyed btc in roi....

because they trade shitcoins they all lose money. inevitably as it's a less then zero sum game.

Oh really? Send me 1 of your 100's of BTC then faggot
You sound like you have thousands so what's the harm mate? Right? NO!

21 btc no less, If I have to rob a bank in 2020, memorise the pv, go to prison, get out... all to achieve this then it's fate and it's happening

Literally the only coin worth holding is BNB and possibly HYDRO for what theyve got coming up over the next year

Ah 1 btc=1milion meme yep newfag detected

Dude I have 10 btc and not gonna make it lol

bullshit btw an easy example would be tether in the top 100 3 years old and gave you nothing but pain

Why they lsoe money wtf are you talking about????
What metrics and alternate history you live in????

AND ITS NOT ZERO SUM GAME LMFAO

Attached: 1542662242872.jpg (126x97, 2K)

no because you will sell before you made it because you still hadn't learned your lesson.

Ok you are acually dumb as fuck Im out...

How is it not zero sum game?

Its zero sum if you lock market out of new capital....

Poker tornament is zero sum because there is limited number of chips
Markets ARE NOT zero sum because new capital pours in over time

Are we really having this conversation????????????

Attached: 1556041085904.png (1224x1120, 94K)

bitconnect? did you invest in it?

Price action wise, I agree. It's the heavy hitter and has a big effect on all other coins.

Tech-wise, it's a damn squib. It doesn't really have much utility since it can't store value (huge price swings) can't function as currency (too slow, not scalable) and can't be programmed like its little brothers.

But yeah it'll be around for a while.

it's not zero sum because the exchange takes the cut and there are transaction costs. so traders altogether lose money.

if the btc maximalists truly believed what they preached then they would understand why people are scrambling for any way to acquire more btc

so chasing shitcoins would be understandable in the bigger picture

see this is the misunderstanding...
>Tech-wise, it's a damn squib. It doesn't really have much utility
bitcoin has only one utility and it needs only one really.
it's the only one trustless permissionless publicly auditable ledger that is secure. there is no other. technically all it's forks could do the same but they fucking can't. because there is only one true crypto. bitcoin is not just code and tech if it was i would be a fucking cashie.

So what about poker tables that allow players to join midway

I agree

it's understandable and don't think i have not tried in the past. it's a bad gamble it encourages a behavior that ultimately leads to loss. it consumes way too much time and energy can actually ruin your work or social life. and ultimately there is a great chance that you come out with equal or less btc.

>all in the biggest shitcoin of them all

How about no? In a few years BTC will be worthless as will all the other shitcoins. Bitcoin will kill them all

All hail Craig!

Yes that is exception, but it was just example.

Zero-sum game is a mathematical representation of a situation in which each participant's gain or loss of utility is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the utility of the other participants.
If the total gains of the participants are added up and the total losses are subtracted, they will sum to zero thats why its called ZERO SUM, and if inflow of new ulility is allowed (chips, shitcoins, stocks) than it is not one.

We done here?

Attached: 1540315971204s.jpg (250x140, 3K)

social life can wait, it's not a priority for me right now

after 21 btc i can relax and know i will always have 21 btc no matter what happens. until then, its shitcoins and risk. its very risky yes i agree but i'd rather take the chance and take that risk rather than once again sit on the sidelines and wait like a schmuck

and partly why i think this way to begin with is because i believe in bitcoins longevity and only really realised this when it was too late (and eth's too as well) everything else is basically a shitcoin imo
i'm praying we crash to 1k so i can buy. i dont even necessarily care about massive gains, i just want to make sure i'm holding a decent amount of bitcoin before the next financial crisis

i tried that, and lost 0.2 btc overall lost a lot more in potential gains. now i try a different approach i don't trust margin trading the chance of getting liquidated and lose everything and the costs make it unsuitable for a long term low energy strategy. what i want to do is buy bitcoin ever time i have money to spare and actually take out a loan and buy the dip. if you don't overextend yourself on the loans and can afford to wait a few years this is the safest strategy to maximize your btc and the purchasing value of btc.

selling some btc on obvious tops to rebuy in the dips is the most risk i'm willing to take. still gonna have a few btc in cold store that i don't trade.

also there is a trend i noticed every time alts go after btc it falters stops then plummets. and then the alts become a loss multiplier. it's like a money pump that syphons cash out of altcoin fomoers pocket. i don't want to participate in this nor do i like what it does to people and bitcoin.

>it's like a money pump that syphons cash out of altcoin fomoers pocket.
i think you're onto something there...

what do you see hydro at by eoy?

>1,5 years
lol you late adopters are funny. thanks for buying my BTC bags, its a dead shitcoin airdrop fork

protip from a real early adopter - BSV is the real bitcoin. I'll just be over here early adopting again. See you in 5 years, late adopter

Attached: mtgox.png (1709x161, 25K)

stay salty shitcoiner! in 5 years nobody will even remember sv.

I know how the game works with cashing out. However, my initial point was you won't make more profit from speculating on altcoins than on Bitcoin. It doesn't matter in what coin you invest, the gains will be more or less the same since every coin follows BTC. And I remain right:

BTC

December 15th 2018, $3200 —> 1 BTC
May 21th 2019, $7964 —> 1 BTC

—> $4764
HOT

December 15th 2018, $0,000419 —> 2’386’635 HOT = $1000
May 21th 2019, $0,002028 —> —> 2’386’635 HOT = $4840

—> $3840
LINK

December 15th 2018, $0,206711 —> 4838 LINK = $1000
May 21th 2019, $1,14 —> 4838 LINK = $5515

—> $4515
Nothing wrong with that but you won't make more profit with shitcoins.

topkek, not even a redditor falls for this crap

You didn't make more profit because you traded. You'd make even less if you traded BTC.

Why isn't ETH secure?

Dude you picked december 2018 tail end of bearmarket to prove shitcoins cant outperform btc

>Nothing wrong with that but you won't make more profit with shitcoins.

Just because something doesent work for you dosent mean its fucking truth wtf is this shit?

I got draged in crypto by frends who is milionare form fucking antshares lol

>
bitcoin is not just code and tech

But it literally is just code and tech rest is "store of value" narative for retail poorfags like you dreaming 1 btc=1 milion onde day

God you ppl are dumb, so many newfags same story alst bullrun when everyone bowd to btc aster thay shitcoins got rekt than fomeoed in absolute shitcoins like xrp after it did 20x

Attached: 1555067789935.jpg (200x200, 17K)

Your english is terrible and you clearly miss the point.

market manipulation and outdated

no one cares about any of these shitcoins except for a few NEETs and P&D groups, they will never get adoption and are used solely to take money from idiots

anyone can copy and paste a code create an ICO

the boomers are unironically right

sirs why Bitcoin is not pumping yet BSV is going up?