Paper wallet BTFO

Paper wallet BTFO
>Researcher Discovers Serious Vulnerability in Paper Crypto Wallet Site

coindesk.com/researcher-discovers-serious-vulnerability-in-paper-crypto-wallet-website

Attached: Water-damaged-paper-wallet.jpg (480x640, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eT2CmOfXyH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who the hell uses shit like this, just memorize your private key lmao

Paper wallets are retard tier and don't let you lock in price. Trezor or store your coins on bitfinex/binance. Everything else is considered extremely risky and leaves your funds vulnerable.

>store your coins on bitfinex/binance. Everything else is considered extremely risky
dude

Dude what? You wouldn't keep your entire lifesavings under a mattress so why would you want to be in charge of your own private keys? Bitfinex and Binance are extremely resilient. They have bounced back from hacks, Jewish regulators, and missing funds and came out ontop every time. They have a great track record. It's basically like FDIC insurance except unlike banks they operate on crypto instead of the fiat ponzi scheme.

can someone explain to a newbie what does lock price means?
As if, I buy BTC at 8.5k and lock it
no matter if price goes up or down, it's still worth 8.5k?

>not making a cipher for your private key and then etching that onto a block of metal and then locking it up in a safe

You got it bro. Only available on trezors though. I heard keepkey was working on adding the capability but it has yet to come to fruition. Ledger have expressed no interest so trezor is really the only option atm

>why would you want to be in charge of your own private keys?
Yes why would you want to own your own money goyim?
>Bitfinex and Binance are extremely resilient.
it never happened before therefore it never can. No, it's better to control your own money, that is, if you aren't incredibly stupid with it.

So you keep all your lifesavings in your desk drawer? Ok retard

I said memorize it

>coindesk
imagine taking that shit journalism site seriously

Funds are safu dude

*Slams into oncoming traffic while driving to the dentist*
*forgets key*

Dumb ass

Yes, for example I locked in my btc at 14k and sold it just to rebuy at 5k. So basically made 2 extra btc. I will be locking in again around 80-100k next bull run and rebuy much cheaper again in 5 years or so

Yes, crazy shit happens and you lose money. What else is new?
>It's safer on Binance
You don't know that. At least you can control how safe your money is in your head.

Lmfao stop messing with these normalfags

Binance has a team of professionals and cyber security experts and even a safety fund. What do you have? A private password? You are playing with fire. Wear your seatbelt and a helmet that's all I can say to you.

And I'm speaking from experience. Mt. gox had me paranoid so I started keeping my own private keys and memorizing them and to prevent potential amnesia I would literally wear a football helmet , shoulder pads, and a bullet proof vest to prevent the possibility of amnesia happening from a damaging blow. Of course living that way makes life very difficult and surprisingly made it hard to form relationships so I decided to keep my shit on the exchanges because they are more prepared than I am

stupid nigger

>who the hell uses shit like this, just memorize your private key lmao
There is a cunt around here that preaches paper wallets over HW...
Last time I spoke to him his parting words were
>I wouldn't lecture you on locks, so don't lecture me on cryptography
t. ex locksmith

>store your coins on bitfinex/binance
newfag spotted

>It's basically like FDIC
Dude stop falling for memes!
FDIC is fuckin BS retards tell themselves to sleep at night! Have a good look into it, the model is not made for 'To big to fail'

>Ok retard
P R O J E C T I N G

Listening to memes for financial advise

Get a stainless steel plate, use the 25th word on your HW

>Binance has a team of professionals and cyber security experts and even a safety fund.
Thanks Binance marketing team. I still trust myself more than any exchange.

>to prevent potential amnesia I would literally wear a football helmet , shoulder pads, and a bullet proof vest to prevent the possibility of amnesia happening from a damaging blow
Lmao you can quit your larp now faggot

>t.

Attached: mutt715.png (1200x1200, 38K)

Also
>*Slams into oncoming traffic while driving to the dentist*
>*forgets key*
Chances are if you forget your key due to an accident, you've probably also forgotten how to stand up, how to eat, how to breathe, and many other things too, so it's useless anyway at that point. Yes, freak accidents occur. Guess we have to hand over our money to (((trusted institutions))) then.

Why would it be a LARP? Why would I lie about something as embarrassing as that? My coworkers literally made fun of me every single day but I wasn't about to lose my lifesavings because I got into a car accident/amnesia and lose my memorized private keys, so taking the piss a little while I worked at my desk in my American football helmet was the sacrifice I had to make. But exchange technology has come a long way just look at all of the exchanges that get hakced are still up and still keep the funds safe because they're big enough to have backups

Yes freak accidents occur and yet you don't extend that same line of thinking for exchanges. I'm not saying exchanges are full proof but they are professionals and you're not. You are more likely to mess up than CZ or the guys at Bitfinex who have been in this game for years and have cyber security experts and know how to deal with potential threats

Honestly it's just funny to see what you come up with now, maybe post you wearing your old gear with a timestamp and you might get a chortle out of more than just me

stupid nigger

>You are more likely to mess up than CZ or the guys at Bitfinex
Not only do you not know how likely they are to mess up, but you know even less about how likely some anonymous poster on the internet is to mess up.

I'm at work but it's a New England Patriots helmet because they have incredibly good fortune (I'm a bit superstitches as a pagan so don't hold too much weight to my line of thinking especially if you're a christcuck or mudslime)

Well I have yet to see your credentials and even if you were a security expert you're just one guy. A company like bitfinex will have at least a handful of cyber security episodes

>full proof

>superstitches

You're giving me die of beaties.

This person can't be real

Not sure what you mean

Have you ever taken an IQ test? Or is there a picture of you so we can see how much you drool at all times? I'm genuinely curious

Why do you keep asking for pics of me you fucking fruit. This is the second time you asked. My gaydar is starting to vibrate

Binance got hacked for millions of dollars like 3 weeks ago how fucking retarded are you?
>Cryptopia
>Mt. GOX
>Bitfinex
>Bitgrail
NOT YOUR KEYS NOT YOUR COINS FAGGOT

>Dude what? You wouldn't keep your entire lifesavings under a mattress so why would you want to be in charge of your own private keys? Mt. Gox extremely resilient. They have bounced back from hacks, Jewish regulators, and missing funds and came out ontop every time. They have a great track record. It's basically like FDIC insurance except unlike banks they operate on crypto instead of the fiat ponzi scheme.

Yeah and guess what their backup funds activated and they were backup and everyone still has access to their money. Now what happens when you get hacked? Oh yeah nothing because you're fucking done-zo

Fucking this. Also EVERY exchange practices fractional reserve banking yet is subject to far less regulatory scrutiny. Take your coins off exchanges retards.

Why would you say fucking this when he clearly disagrees with you? You think he would have typed all that out to mean the opposite? Fucktard

Just admit that you think you're too dumb to trust yourself with a hardware wallet. They're not hard to use at all. Really good UI.

Poe's law kicking in right now so hard.

Attached: 1488316019382.jpg (311x311, 26K)

Ok now I know you're baiting. Kys

I don't bait I'm on nofap dipshit

>Now what happens when you get hacked?
What happens if they get hacked?
>They CAN'T they're have like, experts and lawyers and certificates and stuff
The Titanic was an unsinkable ship too

The Titanic hit an (((iceberg))) it's not the ships fault it's the captain and they only had 1 guy driving it no backups

go outside sometime

This.

The analogy makes sense. Binance and bitfinex don't want 1 cyber security guy they have a dozen so they have an extra pilot to say "dude don't drive into the iceberg"

nevermind, this dude is trolling

Durr everyone that disagrees is a troll!!!

Fuck yes. More Bitcoin goes lost = more money for me.

Mt gox lost a lot and it crashed the price. Lost funds is the most bearish TA indicator

>that id
Kek has spoken. We need to stop messing with normalfags. Locking in the price can cost you profits if it goes above the locked price, only complete maniacs use this feature.

It's just a meme

go back

>It's just a meme
No, it is not

Attached: 1542794527220.jpg (3024x4032, 2.98M)

Attached: 1447100075727.jpg (1462x1462, 188K)

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

how the fuck does that work, trezor is trading your crypto behind the scenes? i thought it was supposed to be cold storage

You can lock the price but it means you're locked out until the price goes back to that same amount or above.

Source: Expert in Blockchain.

it's a biz meme that shitposters will tell you is the absolute truth

sort of like how people on Jow Forums convince newfags to drink a gallon of milk a day

You can gauge the average IQ of a board based on how vulnerable they are to obvious trolling. This is fucking embarrassing. Please sell all of your crypto holdings before you crash the price of my bitcoins.

:DDDDd

What are you talking about dipshit? I'm not trolling.

you can price lock with coinapult in mycelium wallet
but they supposedly hold tether for you so take that for what it's worth
also coinapult is linked to a sketchy panama bank and shell company or something like that

youtube.com/watch?v=eT2CmOfXyH0

so the whole "be your own bank" thing isn't a feature people want afterall. it's amazing the ponzi has gone on for so long desu.

thanks for the heads up OP, this looks really bad, and I just moved some bitcoin into a paper wallet from around that timeframe for my unborn son.

>We looked at the code to see why it’s sending an XHR request, and what we found was bizarre. It’s using the image data to seed the random number generator function.
>On the left is the code on GitHub, on the right is the code on production. (pic related)

Attached: oopsie.png (1600x724, 216K)