Best hardware wallet?

I have a offline Ubuntu distro as cold wallet right now and want to switch to the Trezor or the Ledger Nano S.

Should have the feature to lock-in the price kek

Any recs?

>inb4 only normies buy hardware wallets. idgaf

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 00.47.23.jpg (1708x922, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OBIGslgGM
glacierprotocol.org/docs/overview/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nano x

I have a trezor. It’s done well by me. I suppose they all do the same thing, right?

Only normies buy hardware wallets
Kys

best hardware wallet is a paper wallet
unless you actually want to use it like everyday.

Got both, like the ledger nano S a bit more, can recommend that one.

Both saw exploits just recently. Learn your shit and how to protect against it if you want to go this way.

this

Source on Tresor exploit?

best linux distro for airgapped laptop? Tails?

nigga i wanna buy a ledger nano x but i feel we should get some sort of Jow Forums discount

its only right

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OBIGslgGM
they explain the hacks here in detail.

>1 hour
*watches 1.5x speed*

Attached: s.jpg (250x234, 8K)

If you have more than, say $2000 in crypto the you need to have a hardware wallet and anyone who says otherwise is fucking with you or retarded.

suggest buying both. Currently have a nano ledger + backup nano ledger. Overall I'm glad I have it but I find it annoying times, e.g. recent firmware update was annoying. Eventually got it to work but their instructions were shite and had to go to plebbit to sort it out.

Just ordered a trezor. Going to put 1/2 of Link stack on trezor and store Trezor offsite. Good to diversify your security, and good to set it up so that not all is immediately available. Imagine scenario where someone breaks in and holds gun to your kid's head.(google rubber hose attack) Good to have some of your stack somewhere that is not immediately accessible.

Also, you probably know this already but mostly SHUT THE FUCK UP about how much crypto you have. You may mention in conversation that you hold a little of coin x or y, but keep it on the DL. Do NOT brag about it with co-workers the way people brag about wining big on superbowl bet or some stock pick.

>recent firmware update was annoying
my asshole shriveled while reading this. just NOPE

this

glacier protocol is more secure than a hardware wallet. It's however only realistic for longterm holding. If you want to trade frequently then hardware wallet's are indeed kinda must have.

what is the diff between the nano s and nano x?

i have 30k+ invested and getting paranoid MEW is not enough. i'd kms if i lose my cones

>my asshole shriveled while reading this. just NOPE
I hear you but it was more of a pain in the ass headache than a real concern.

Main point is to KEEP TRACK OF RECOVERY PHRASE. Even if the individual unit gets bricked or lost or thrown into Mt. Doom you can still recover.

No system is perfect, but these hardware wallets are about 100,000 safer than other methods I know about, at least for someone like me who is not MIT PhD in Compsci.

Main thing, imho anyway, is DIVERSIFY your storage, so even if one gets fucked up the other will still work.

never lost a wallet or anything but i have sent to the wrong address accidentally. luckily only a small amount but still it could have easily been a bigger amount. when you're staring at etherscan/blockchain pages and flipping between wallets then you can disorientate yourself easily but now i check address over and over before doing anything

>I hear you but it was more of a pain in the ass headache than a real concern.

Just to clarify, what happened was I tried to update my older wallet to 1.8. Turns out that won't work but I could update to 1.7 and that did work.

So (1) fuck nano ledger people for giving shitty instructions but (2) it didn't take long to sort it out.

>glacier protocol is more secure
Glad to learn about this. Thanks user I'll check it out.

get a trezor + mycrypto desktop wallet insted of mew

>but i have sent to the wrong address accidentally
tell me about it. Also there are asshole anons here on biz that fuck with people by telllig them they can send link to a monero wallet or coinbase wallet. Best way to protect yourself is ALWAYS SEND A SMALL TEST TRANSACTION FIRST. Every fucking time.

>glacier protocol
>glacierprotocol.org/docs/overview/
Is there something equivalent for eth? Looks great.

a laminated piece of paper with maybe an RFID locator. If you want I can make you guys some.

>thinking that watching 1.5x speed requires a big brain

Attached: 1517261704132.jpg (1826x1795, 277K)

i was also watching it in reverse

im paranoid as fuck by most standerds but that shit is overly autistic

just use bip38 paper wallets multiple copies at multiple locations costs nothing secure against all theeats except the drill the kneecap thing.

there is nothing must have about hws
1 for a hot wallet the fallout of a hack should be very mild as you have no large amount on it
2 every fucking phone will have one built in within 2 years some high ends already have

is a nano s good option for long-term cold storage?

no

Why not?

good watch