Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener (the tradingview screener is also good)
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

for SQQQ, SDOW, and SPXU bagholders:
suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

before there was

Attached: 3824cbbe4cab6e382d7b03697b063af8smg.png (600x450, 146K)

goddamn /ptg/ is a shithole

Pika is a cute :3

ramp into the close
bears are a pathetic bunch
steaks tonight my friends

First for Skarmory

Attached: 12.png (300x100, 23K)

Attached: AnimuDoYourBestest.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

FINE DAY TODAY BOYS

>animays edition
Kys yourselves and fuck off back to /a/

hehe me make this thread just for trigger you :3
hahahah!

I'm sad I ever doubted the eternal bull.

The greater the bull, the more spectacular the death.

Pikachu is a global icon, long $NTDOY

Attached: boomer.png (767x373, 43K)

TVIX for monday's tariff disaster?

You mean TQQQ?

>Down 22% on PHUN
Catching this falling knife was a mistake.

Attached: wojak_aaaaa_hat_phun.png (500x600, 137K)

shitty pikachu image tbqh

Attached: deciding which home i want to wreck.jpg (720x685, 42K)

Jesus fuck, that is one nasty looking chart

Attached: file.png (1202x519, 43K)

AMDchads RISE UP

Where you expecting to have phun doing that?

>being a moron and buying into low float garbage
You deserve to lose everything you dumbfuck I bet you played CTRM too lol

Why is the market up so much? We didn't even get a deal with mexico?
risen

Finally closed my shorts.

People gonna start selling now, aren't they?

This is kinda PHUN

Attached: file.png (1415x694, 108K)

Attached: 1539221274852.jpg (599x639, 39K)

bonjour

steady

>Pump it

Attached: bynd.png (680x520, 27K)

bought tesla today.. fuck it it looks like it's dumping

So... Uh... I shorted SQQQ for a little bit and apparently Fidelity doesn't charge interest to do so?

Their interest on TVIX Short position is 2.00% as well. This feels like easy money. What am I missing?

Attached: BeatingExpectations.jpg (600x337, 42K)

...I still have a large sqqq stake open, might just let it ride. I just feel so fucking dumb, but then am I just quitting too early?

tvix still looking good

what % of your portfolio are you down with sqqq?

Hope you are ready for the pump

>I still have a large sqqq stake open
Right there with you brother. Just be right and sit tight.

Tauros, use Leer

Yeah, I dumped my naked call this morning for 50% loss. Oh well, live and learn

What happens when daily and weekly macd conflict?

Attached: whatdo.png (256x196, 7K)

Tesla....I did a leveraged turbo put 2 days ago. £850 down before it closed out. Ffs.

Crab

not sure what you mean
Things aren't looking good for me, I keep fucking up when to buy volatility versus when to buy inverse... versus when I should go fucking tqqq, damn this market is nuts

on the weekly it's very bullish with the oversold rsi. 180 has been good support over the years

I sold my calls at the top and now my puts are just slowly dragging me down

Attached: 1557375714149.jpg (728x899, 84K)

I'm about to ask some really stupid questions and I apologize in advance.

1. My employee is releasing an employee stock program next year, but I was wondering if it would be smart to just buy some stocks right now because I can only see things going up from here.
2. Do employee stock programs usually give you a good enough discount worth waiting to begin with? How does that work?
3. Would it be insider trading if I buy stocks for the company I work at? I'm just an individual contributor- nothing special. I know a fair amount more than I should just because I guess I'm the type of person people just blabber on to without realizing what they're telling me.

Again, sorry for the probably stupid questions. I'm new to this whole corporate life thing.

I bought 291 SPY calls. I think trump set this whole thing up to bring the market up. There's no real long term game plan here for mexico like china. Mexico will get beat hard if they try and keep this up for a year hoping that trump doesn't get reelected.

you must be trolling being that clueless.
If you have a capital of 10k and you're losing 1000, you're down 10%.

1 & 2) you usually get a 5-10% discount based on the lowest price at the beginning OR end of the purchasing term. it's worth doing if you want to own the company stock.

3) it's not insider trading since you're just a pleb, but i wouldn't do it anyways since you have advantages with 1 & 2.

personally i like my extra money going towards an index or other companies since i dont like to put all my eggs in one basket. if the company does well, i'll do well as an employee. if the company does shit, you probably wont get a raise/bonus AND the stock you own will go down.

Normally you can't lose. You either get your investment back or stock at current market price. Plus you're buying at a discount.

>I can only see things going up from here.
oh no no no no no no

Thank you so much for explaining this to me! I think I will just wait for the employee stock program then. We have some really great products coming out so I'm hoping I can cash in before all of that is announced. Fingers crossed.

>if the company does shit, you probably wont get a raise/bonus AND the stock you own will go down.
You're so right. Thanks for pointing this out. I'd rather not get more money than not get more money AND lose money I already had.

>1. My employee is releasing an employee stock program next year, but I was wondering if it would be smart to just buy some stocks right now because I can only see things going up from here.
Yes, if you think it will go up get in now.
> 2. Do employee stock programs usually give you a good enough discount worth waiting to begin with? How does that work?
You're gonna have to ask them. Some offer discounts, others just have commission free purchases.
> 3. Would it be insider trading if I buy stocks for the company I work at? I'm just an individual contributor- nothing special. I know a fair amount more than I should just because I guess I'm the type of person people just blabber on to without realizing what they're telling me.
This can be a grey area, but there are ways to get around it. If you have a set amount that comes out of every paycheck then you're generally safe. Other than that it's insider trading if you decide to purchase shares because of a piece of information that you have seen that the general public hasn't. Typically large companies have black out periods when their employees can't purchase or sell their stocks.

Other than that, how large is the company? Is it even publicly traded (this would negate the insider trading issue completely.)? Do the employees have a chance of buying a large (2%+) amount of the shares? If so, is the company desperate for money?

Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't by tvix if I think mexican tariffs WILL happen on monday?

It’s not too late to get in on VRUS.

5% tariffs mostly priced in.

I'm not going to... because I clearly don't know what I'm doing, and that is reason enough

short indexes should outperform long vol imo

>Other than that, how large is the company?
Fucking huge. I think we're #1 in our industry by a LOT. It is publicly traded. I'm not sure if employees have a chance of buying that much of the shares and I actually haven't asked anyone in my department if they own any shares to begin with. The company is not desperate for money and is one of those constantly doing well companies but we're about to announce something not this quarter but next that's really going to skyrocket things I think.

Based $VRUS shill.

We closing at $0.02.

You aren't going to be playing with enough money for anyone to bother with an insider trading investigation.

You think so? sounds like people doubt tariffman will go through with it

Thank you for this. I think I might just be a paranoid person. I know I can make a good bit of profit with this but I'm just like "Wait, am I ALLOWED to do this?" It's weird being able to see things from the other side, you know?

>$VIX green, TVIX red
How?

I think that at least 50% of participants expect it, it shouldn't have a big impact either way, unless there are indications he would proceed with 10+% tariffs

fundamentals

>aka meme magic

Attached: volatility options.png (1570x1177, 155K)

net profitable on FDP again
Bean me

stop trading news it's not how it works you will get rekt. you still have 30 min to get out of sqqq. just saying

Generally you want to give more weight to the longer time frame for macd.

Daily reminder that all weabs need to be gased!

Doubling down on SQQQ.

If golden bull happens I'll probably an hero.

Attached: 1551393784715.jpg (640x820, 114K)

You're insane if you think tariffs are priced in with this bull run.

LCI why? You were on the up and up! Literally nothing bad going on! Only good things! Why do you drop so!?

Hes right when he said they're priced in and another thing is there's a higher chance that it won't happen and we'll jump 3 points over something we already knew. Welcome to the stock market in 2016+3

My goal is to understand this chart by tomorrow.
Cuz I don't know what in the heck happening...

FFFFFFFfffffff
We're still not overbought enough for me to be holding sqqq

God damn it i am retard

I guess I should sell...
If we get beared down on monday I will probably anhero

go back to buying companies I like when they get soldoff. God damn it Tim Apple I should have bought every dip.

Attached: TooBad.png (736x798, 707K)

I just had a buy signal on QQQ on my proprietary indictor a few days ago. last time it was a buy like this was 27 december. you're just gambling with odds against you.

Why should the market go up though? It defies all logic.

China tariffs and Mexico tariffs. Bonds mooning. Employment growth stalling. $4.5T in corporate junk debt. Global farm failures.

It doesn't make sense.

Attached: 1551663370433.png (1677x899, 1.82M)

I lost 8K on sqqqq. Thankfully i'm up 4k today due the generosity of the golden bull.

>proprietary indicator
Wha?

>kicking me when I'm down
hey...
Its just complicated because I had it on both accounts as well as some sds and sdow. But your perspective is useful, as it wasn't a HUGE portion of my portfolio, and it's not like it completely crashed. Though for a holding to drop 6%... pretty bad when I'm already down

Idk either. Bought some Intel on the dip Wednesday for a long term hold but I've got 13k sitting in cash and money markets because I'm feeling shook from all the optimism.

I sold... it's over... I feel great shame

Need to learn. Easy to kick myself, hard to figure out why the right moves went well, and the wrong moves went so poorly.

May have something to do with influence of smg traders

i've given up on trying to apply logic to this system

Like all of its cousins, TVIX price is based on VIX futures, not spot VIX.

Attached: mos.png (327x306, 79K)

it's all part of the process. you don't really learn much until you've suffered.

you dont want to lose more than 1-2% of your entire capital on a single trade. that's when you cut your loss.

Galt to zero on Monday

>BYND UP 45%

I only put 15K in, should have FOMO'd 100%

50% jesus fuck what is happening

short squeeze

>Bynd
Now I know why people pray to wrathful, angry Gods.

because relief rallies have literally happened every recession in the last 100 years
in fact if you looked at the SPY one year chart you would know one was probably coming

yea, I estimate 1.5% so... pretty fucking humbling, but not as bad as lptx, gdot, or vstm

Lessons learned, not well enough

What are our weekend hodl boys?

BYND to the fucking moon

often times it's because people don't have a choice. people see 10yr bond prices paying 2% and they figure inflation will eat that, so they buy risk assets for protection, as odd as that sounds. when you have big dick money you can't just dump it in the bank, only a small amount is FDIC insured.

Attached: gcv0oH34_400x400.jpg (400x400, 11K)

I hope NAKD user is alright.

What was the short interest until now?

there wasnt enough shares to go short. no shorters

If my money had settled, i'd probably sell right now, then rebuy monday since i'm expecting it to dip but for now i'm not complaining

3.8m shares were short as of 5/15 according to nasdaq. but it just looked like a panic move, moving $10 in 5 minutes, etc.

Attached: 1545817429598.png (278x436, 11K)

>VRUS
opened a TD Ameritrade account this morning, sent them 1k pre-market, STILL hasn't settled

I'm not going to buy VRUS much over where it's at now, if those funds are settled in TDA Monday morning I'm gonna say fuck it

Attached: 1533546210707.png (605x655, 167K)