How safe is your coin really?

Attached: 71VhesKm8zL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/researcher-discovers-serious-vulnerability-in-paper-crypto-wallet-website
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I put all my coins on binance as they have an insurance fund

i have it tattooed on my foreskin with ink only visible under uv light.

>open Ledger Live
>freezes and crashes
I think they are extremely safe, cant even get to em.

>There are niggers on Jow Forums who don't have a safe at home
I'd like to see them get through 6mm of hardened steel.

Safely on shady exchanges

>buy overpriced trendy hardware
>hardware breaks
>ohfugg
>wat do

>What is recovery seed.

How fucking stupid are some of you people on here ?

>buy overpriced trendy hardware
>has same features as paper wallet

Mine are in a MEW wallet with Keystore file inside a VeraCrypt container on 3 separate USB drives at separate locations with extremely verbose passwords as well as my private key written on paper in a place only I know.

I don't trade with that wallet so don't need a meme $50 USB stick with a Chink backdoor in it.

that would take about 10 minutes with an angle grinder

It would take like half an hour with a 1mm cut off disc.
Plus its a big target

>$100 is so much for the convinience to store my coins in cold storage.

Fucking kill yourself faggot.
Still doesnt explain your retarded brains thought all funds are gone should the ledger fail. Kek. Gp learn some more kn reddit and then come back.

hivemind

I really don't get how people cannot understand the most basic concepts of this. The hardware device itself is virtually unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It's the seed phrase that's of the highest importance. The hardware device is replaceable. What part of this concept are these faggots not getting. I mean it's really not rocket science. Are these reddit fags or something.

it wouldn't take that long if it's just steel
there are these boxes that use steel cement and plastic sandwiched now that will fuck up the grinder it will fuck up diamond saw blades and most drills.

>The hardware device itself is virtually unimportant in the grand scheme of things
that is why i say again and again and again. why buy it? it's just a liability.

Stop selling your fancy USB stick Jew

Its because they literally think the coins are stored on the ledger.

>”cold storage”
Lol what babble. It’s no more cold than a piece of paper. And now you have a lifetime subscription to the merchants who memesold you your trendy piece of plastic kek, oof good luck

That safe should be your decoy. Your real stash should be somewhere nobody would ever look.

True desu. That would also work well if you ever got robbed and were forced to open the safe

Its hardened steel like 4140 or similar, 6mm will take a while. Plus it probably bolted down, and a burglar probably wouldnt bring in optimal tools

Imagine being this fucking retarded.

Care to stop changing subjects and explain what you meant by implying all funds are lost once the hardware fails you absolute stupid fucking cunt.

Go ahead and keep your private key on your computer. If you don't get by now what benefit a hardware wallet provides you, there's nothing else to say. Don't buy one.

> Imagine being unable to encrypt private keys using gpg on a clean laptop

Woah calm down m8 don’t worry I’m sure when your trendy piece of plastic breaks you can always get a new one at the goy store

>coin is stashed safely on paper wallet
>great! No one can gain access to my private key but me
>better never move my coin and potentially have the security of my private key compromised

What are paper wallets again besides garbage waiting to burn in a fire?

This dude is coping so hard his brain is melting

>Imagine being unable to encrypt your private keys using gpg on a clean machine then save it on 3 copies of durable dvdrom

Well I mean, yeah, of course you can. But there's still a remote chance your laptop is not 100% secure. Can you be 100% certain your laptop is "clean"?

You can't be so sure there isn't some hardware backdoor injected in your fancy USB disk in chink factory either

>make fun of a $70 usb wallet
>generate muh keys on a safe offline laptop (costs more than $70)

The absolute state of you paper wallet brainlets.

Lol retard hardware wallets offer zero extra private key security

Right. So then what is 100% sure? Nothing really, right. We can only try to be more secure. Is your clean laptop idea with encryption a good idea? Yeah. Is a hardware wallet a good idea? Yeah.

Enjoy getting your unencrypted recovery words stolen then

You’re literally agreeing with me you fucking ape. user paid 100 shekels for a piece of plastic

I am sure there's no one targeting random laptop manufacturers for stealing private keys
While it's very likely there are already bunch of hackers trying to exploit the manufacturer of your fancy USB stick

"reseller"?
that's not smart.

I know these things ain't cheap, but why take a chance?

So this is the market for hardware wallets.

You can always dualboot linux from an encrypted partition.

Its almost 2020 if you niggas cant keep your shit secure, crypto or no crypto, theres no hope for you in the near future.

Yeah I know. I replied to you by mistake, that's why I deleted it. That was meant for the retard. Sorry.

So what is your solution then? How do you keep your key as secure as possible?

remember it in your brain my dude
or engrave it on a bit of metal, vacuum sealed box, go bury it in your dads backyard

Good point.
Actually did the engrave to metal part.

i guess there are some people that are too stupid for crypto

I think the point is: Not everyone buying crypto is a Linux security savvy expert like you are. A lot of these faggots are probably on their shitty unpatched Windows home computers doing this. Of course this raises a second question whether these people should even be in crypto, so...

you can hack it, but only if you to physical access to it. remember to keep the seed somewhere safe just in case

i have used angle grinders on 6mm spring steel the hardening goes away the moment it gets red hot then it gets yellow how and practically melts. in the end it's just mild steel.

I thought one of the points of crypto was rhat you no longer had to physically carry your money and blacks couldn't rob you anymore

fucking checkem

Everyone should be in crypto and everyone should have basic knowledge of security. Its really as simple as spending an hour watching youtube videos.

And get hacked every month

There's no one going to compensate your losses from a hack event except for Binance is there? If you have large amount of crypto like a billion you shouldn't rely on third parties including the manufacturer of hardware wallet anyway.

lmfao what an idiot
just write your seed into a basket weaving tutorial book and leave it on your coffee table

that is what i try to tell all safe fags.
they are buying hours at best.
if you use proper protocol with crypto you got quintillion years of security. no safe ever made can even give you more than a day.

The problem with this is you need to take a heap of precautions every time you want to access your coins, you make a mistake once and your wallet could become Compromise. With a hardwallet you do need to worry about shit like this, I could literally use my hardwallet on a infected computer and still be safe.

Low end users like will become a victim of massive hardwallet hack event coming in the next bull run.

>I could literally use my hardwallet on a infected computer and still be safe.
not exactly true. i have found a few possible attack vectors easily exploited in the client code if your pc is compromised you are not safe at all.

why dont yall just use exodus mobile?

seriously.

or load em up on your coinbase account.

they accept all erc 20 tokens

better than keeping on binance

i keep about 5k link on exodus mobile
5k link on coinbase
5k link on binance

t. nopants

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.18.10 PM.png (1063x607, 258K)

You talk shit, if this was true why would you not report it to ledger and receive a huge Bounty award.

*reward

They do you fucking brainlet. That's the whole point. You could plug it into a computer filled to the brim with malware and other shit and still have peace of mind.

Attached: dingding.jpg (766x690, 106K)

Seriously can’t stand faggots like you, here is a easy safe way to use your crypto to help with Adoption and here are faggots like you being a fucking grandpa about it and spreading fuckingn lies
>oh my paper wallet works just as good as this shit, and Muh muh I could fucking hack this
Fuck off brainlets

What's the deal with this daily hardwallet shills?
Don't tell me the Jew actually paid for the campaign lmao

alright here is a few without the effort to make it a complete list...
1) the device itself is a physical attack vector the tamper resistant chip is easily disassembled in practice using fuming nitric acid and acetone and the eeprom an be read revealing the private keys completely bypassing the soft protection of any retarded pin.
2) the client sends the transaction for signing to the device but does not actually check if it gets it back unmodified.
3) the change address is not shown on the device upon signing and while normally would be a hierarchically derived public key it can actually be replaced by the compromised pc client or a malware injected to the driver level to the attackers.

dunno but the actual fucking retards are hell bent on misusing hw-s. the best use case for one is to use it as hot wallet with your monthly spending budget. it's possibly the most retarded costly and insecure solution for a cold storage.

The changed address would show on the device, that’s why it’s important to always check the address on the device before confirming.
And the best fucking shit you can give me is if someone physically steals the device. Same shit could happen to a shit paper wallet but just a lot more convenient to take the coins once it’s stolen. The absolute state of you Autistic cunts

it's literally a glorified usb drive. since when would sticking it in a compromised computer be the only possible option you coping hipster faggot. and still it offers no more security than paper.

so you gonna know by look if the change address generated by your client is legit or fraudulent. just by a glance?

face it if you machine is compromised you can't be 100% safe.

change address motherfucker not changed address. you dont see it from what i seen of the operation but even if hou do you cant tell if its yours or not.
>And the best fucking shit you can give me is if someone physically steals the device.
big fucking problem if some retard buys the snake oil security and uses it for cold storeage.

do you dumb cunt actually believe you've solved the hardware wallet ? the fuck are you doing posting on an indonesian music forum then ? go write a paper on it and make money consulting for trezor/nano. but no. youre just a brainlet faggot.

Could you explain what you mean by the pic attached mate.

Attached: 5EF1A389-F0D7-4D86-9F60-ADCE228EAEEC.jpg (1125x616, 234K)

Based.

With my paper wallet all you need is the private address on it. With my Ledger you can't transfer my funds without my Ledger.

You can't see the private address except on the device itself. Stop being such a cheap faggot and get a goddamn hardware wallet already.

if paper wallets are the most secure option how are marines supposed to stake their linkies, given that staked links need to be in a wallet accessible my metamask?

hardware wallets fill a temporary void and not nearly as secure as claimed that is all im saying hal finneý was workibg on a system that uses the tpm chip on a pc to create a safe environment for a wallet that can not be hijacked by malicious code same will eventually be possible on phones these trinkets are a sideshow and a marketing gimmick.

*firmware update required*

and lastly crypto relies on the practical impossiblity of solving calculations within any reasonable timeframe. that is what makes crypto secure. the moment you start relying on safe boxes and hardware wallets to secure it you have to know are doing it wrong. the beauty of crypto that it is billion trillion quadrillion times more secure than your home safe and it doesnt cost you amything.

Im all in ZIL, and it still has no Ledger app, so I keep it on Binance. Bery safu

What with the ledger shills here?

Based purist

There was a legit discussion where the ledger was decried as a useless piece of metal for people who want to pose as "sirius criptoe investors". Those threads are the result of pure butthurt over those threads.
Paper wallet > hardware wallet

The absolute state of nu/biz/

The entire point of a hardware wallet is THE DEVICE ITSELF IS SIGNING THE TRANSACTIONS INSIDE THE SECURE ENCLAVE.

the only thing the client software gets is the completed signed transaction. THIS IS VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN A SOFTWARE WALLET OR A DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF PAPER. A software wallet is decrypting the private keys and using them in the same user environment that everything else on your computer is running on. The encrypted wallet file is sitting on your hard drive and accessible from. Your low end user account. With a hardware wallet, they keys are never exposed because the transaction is signed INSIDE the hardware wallet. The client is sending the destination address and amount to the secure enclave for signature, and gets a completed and signed transaction back.

Let me break this down even further for you assholes in remedial summer classes.

Imagine your wallet is a checkbook, and your private keys are your personal banker who signs all your checks for you. With a hardware wallet, you are putting your banker inside a cage inside your basement and he can't get out, and nobody can get to him. When you want to make a transaction, you fill out a check with the amount and person you're paying. Then you slide that check to the banker inside the secure cage for them to sign off on. The banker gives you the signed check back through the cage. The banker never left the cage, your transaction is signed, and your banker is still in the cage in your basement.

That's the difference you absolute degenerates. Stop needing to be spoonfed everything. And for fuck sake use Trezor they're open source.

Screencap this for the next spoon feeding session.

>T cool kid hw user

>The absolute STATE of biz
Imagine wasting money for a glorified USB stick when you can just use a paper wallet and have a safer cold wallet

Pearls before swine.

yeah

Wrong. Your paper wallet generator has fucked you over.

coindesk.com/researcher-discovers-serious-vulnerability-in-paper-crypto-wallet-website

The core of the analysis hinges on WalletGenerator’s original open-source code, available here. Until August 17, 2018 the online code matched the open-source code and the entire project generated wallets using a client-side technique that took in real random entropy and produced a unique wallet. But sometime after that date the two sets of code stopped matching.

The result? The very real possibility that WalletGenerator is giving the same keys to multiple users. To test this, MyCrypto’s researcher ran the generator in bulk and got some odd results.

>using some javascript wallet generator
OpenSSL user here

$50 FREE COINBASE STELLAR LUMENS (XLM) AIRDROP

Claim your free $50 Stellar Lumens (XLM) airdrop here:

coinbase.com
/earn
/xlm
/invite
/p0x8hzwv

Watch the video and take the test.

Attached: 5.jpg (696x449, 19K)

>WalletGenerator
Lmaooooooooo

>using a website to generate a private key
lel

yeah get it from github use it offline niggers

>THIS IS VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN A SOFTWARE WALLET OR A DUMB FUCKING PIECE OF PAPER
its different alright a pk protected by a strong password is cryptographically secure unlike your hw

While you're not wrong, someone more experienced can enjoy a higher level of security, more options, and not having an order for a crypto holding device under their name and address stored on a shop's database.

> whether these people should even be in crypto
Reddit moonboys I swear, neck yourself.