Full time trader (mostly scalper) here, been trading Forex for over 10 years and crypto for 2

Full time trader (mostly scalper) here, been trading Forex for over 10 years and crypto for 2.

Is it true that 99% of people here just 'accumulate' these speculative shitcoins and hope they go up?

That's your 'trading strategy'????

Attached: fvbfgfsdfdb.jpg (981x654, 138K)

Do you trade with single or multiple orders?

Depends on liquidity, but usually multiple.

>it true that 99% of people here just 'accumulate' these speculative shitcoins and hope they go up?
>That's your 'trading strategy'????
Yeah some people do that, Also a lot of people here ironically shit post about doing that. So you'll never know.

Attached: squidward.jpg (637x358, 23K)

Yes the strategy is to buy something and hope the price goes up. Not sure why this confuses you?

Most professional traders have some kind of a method, some phenomena in the market that they exploit over and over again.

We call it an 'edge'.

And that's exactly why most traders end up broke.

So you're just confused why people hold long term instead of short term. The phenomena long term traders trade on is fundamental analysis.

I exploit the phenomenon called 'time'

If you diversify when the token is valued low, then done trade bot comes along and makes each share 0.07$, when you bought it for 0.0007, that ends up being big dollars.

>we
If you were a real professional you would know that not 1 single edge lasts forever. Edges come and go nigger! now fuck off my board with your brainlet smugness.

Attached: 1541288987601.png (638x473, 191K)

For those of us who aren't good enough to be a full time trader, or don't have the capital to work with, the better option is to invest in fundamental value. I assume you didn't hold BTC from 1k to 20k, or even 1k to 3k.

300-2000% isn't that bad of a return.

>inb4 crypto has no fundamental value

this is why you will lose in the long term. To see things in the seed, that is genius.

One doth not invest in currency markets. One trades them.

>fundamental analysis
I'm not talking about the stock market, I'm talking about people assuming that shit like 'Chainlink' will ever be widely adopted.

>If you were a real professional you would know that not 1 single edge lasts forever.

Ofcourse no approach works in all markets and conditions, otherwise I'd just write a bot that would print me money forever.

Yeah /gif/ has a ton of threads about this, head over there and ask them about edging.

Oh ok so you're starting with the presupposition that there is no fundamental value in crypto. Since I believe there is there is no point in arguing with you.

You're a degenerate gambler, plain and simple.

itt gambler shitposts about the proven most profitable strategy in a bull market (buy and hold)

PRETTY CRINGE, DUDE!

I'm a degenerate gambler that's got lucky all but 17 days in the last 8 years.

I'm just a lucky guy I guess.

Why do you trade spot Forex pairs vs currency futures? You can't call yourself a "trader" because you aren't actually trading anything, you're just playing a simulation, and your trades aren't being executed anywhere except on your forex broker.

Forex isn't traded by any professional traders because it's basically a fake market that was created to take trades from people who don't have enough money to trade the real currency market (currency futures).

>most profitable strategy in a bull market
We're not talking about a bull market, we're talking about all markets.

Who do you think is crying today? The trader who consistently extracted BTC from shitcoins during the bull and the bear, or the HODLet who's 97% down on shitcoin his "Investment"?

Meanwhile, if you bought $10k of btc 8 years ago and did nothing, you would have $80 million today.

Well why didn't you?

Why don't you just put all your money in the coin that will do 100% tomorrow? Are you an idiot?

hey, are you going to answer my question?

I like how every trading platform advert on Bloomberg is legally obliged to have in small print at the bottom of the screen "79% of clients lose money on this platform".

i did, it's called ___.
haha you think i'd tell a fucking gambler like you?
be a good little goy and go provide some liquidity for me and the boys with your leveraged lunch money

I didn't know about crypto then. Luckily I did buy btc when it was $1500 two years ago, so I'm going to be at least a millionaire in a couple years without doing anything.

yeah, scalpers get destroyed by pro hodlers. you can't get that kind of return from scalping.

obvious bait is obvious. How is putting all your money into a coin hoping for 100% tomorrow the same as holding for 8 years?

>79% of clients lose money on this platform
That doesn't make you hopeful?

Most people who attempt to trade are drooling retards.

People who've been doing this all day everyday for years are a bit more likely to be in the top 20%.

You're like a guy who doesn't believe some guys get laid from Tinder.

Trading is cool and all, but all of the strategies that can make sustainable long term profits are very Jewish and lack scale.

Even Rentech's Medallion fund is closed to outside investors and is basically structured as an elaborate vehicle to avoid paying taxes on employee's profits and to help market the rest of their funds which have much worse performance. Let's not forget the fund doesn't even compound, because it effectively pays out simple interest.

Think of trading like flipping items on the grand exchange in Runescape. Yes, you can make large percentage profits, but once you exploit a certain market enough, the profits dwindle away. There are only so many buyers/sellers, and the strategy will stop working as your portfolio increases.

So yeah, you can add some liquidity into the market by nickle and diming after hours trading, and structure your trades in a way to limit risk exposure, but to do so properly you will need an army of PhDs and your strategy will become less and less profitable over time. When you dominate a niche, there are only so many customers to exploit.

The reason James Simons is rich is because he dresses up these finite strategies as evidence of the firms dominance in the market and convinces gullible investors to buy into his high fee crappier funds. Now I'm not saying other hedge funds don't do this, but I'd rather adopt a longer term strategy that will compound my wealth over large periods of time like Buffett.

What's wrong? Can't answer the real questions? >Most people who attempt to trade are drooling retards.

All people who trade "forex" are drooling retards who think they are "traders" when actually they are trading a market that doesn't actually exist and was specifically created to take their money. The "Forex" market doesn't exist. It's a simulation of the currency futures market. There's no Forex exchange like there is a commodities or stock exchange. When you trade on a Forex broker, your trade isn't being executed anywhere. You have no influence on the market whatsoever. When you take profit, it is coming directly out of the pocket of your broker and they have a interest in you losing (slippage, stop hunting, etc.)

It's why you see that most "forex traders" are indians and people from third world countries (you), who are trading with pathetically small accounts. It's because they don't have enough money to trade the real currency market. There are no professional Forex traders, they simply don't exist.

Have sex

Not daytrading, my 3 year plan is just to buy a shit ton of BSV

If there was one alternative to learning to trade, this would be it.

CRAIG IS SATOSHI.

I have never been more sure of anything in my life.

hello op sir i dont wanna trade i want to buy bsv

how soon will i get rich sir?

I like to stroke my cock in front of your wife's face and then stop seconds before cumming, now that's what I call an 'edge'

>shit like 'Chainlink'
man your fucking dumb

Obvious larper. Way too familiar with Jow Forums memes to be a forex trading boomer. His forex larp is a diversion to subtly fud chainlink. If chainlink was his main focus it would be too obvious that he's fudding. You're good user

All that could have been said without you including the N word.

Ahh it was a thinly disguised low quality link fud all along, really color me surprised

Attached: 1558391692972.png (521x402, 172K)

user how to do scalping? tho i just want to do it as a part time like every weekend

the only "scalping" today is done by high frequency trading algorithms

The end goal of whoever trades either the futures market or through a broker is usually the same, although trading futures directly does allow people to use Market Making Scalping strategies (but not all futures traders are doing that, just like not all are hedging). Trading through a broker is far more convenient, especially when it comes to setting up - trading through an internet browser vs. downloading and setting up some futures trading platform software.

N

What do you recommend someone does that can only start with $200 to trade with?

Add two zeros to that starting capital.

Then, stop falling for every larp posted here.

>$200

get a job and save up your money until you have at least $5k, in the meantime demo trade and learn more about trading.

No one with $200 should be trading anything. You are just setting yourself up for failure.

That's frontrunning.

Scalping can mean alot of things.

I can't get a job.
geez thanks

I do scalp trade, i make about $60 a day

It not hard, its about setting a stratregy and sticking with it, not getting emotional its half the way to profit

Yes you can, you're just lazy, don't look, and consider every job that pays less than 30/hr to be beneath you, despite lacking any form of higher education

What do you expect to do with that? Take large positions which happen to get lucky all in a row, so you build up your equity?

Why do you think so many traders fail?

crypto trading tax is a hassle if you're not really into it and trading is also a fruitless activity (no offense) in that you interact with a made up system that at most results in $ for you

yeah oke I guess you're right

Thats literally the purpose of every type of investing out there

scalping is taking profits from small movements in price, frontrunning is something else entirely.

almost all scalping today is done by automated high frequency trading systems, anyone doing this manually is a brainlet

>I do scalp trade, i make about $60 a day

anyone who says they make X amount of money a day from trading isn't a real trader. Btw, making $60 a day from anything is a joke and you should be ashamed to even admit that.

He's criticizing that if you were to interact with the price on a day to day basis, you could optimize the rewards.
But again, I think he fails to see that it's not a "fun" activity for most. Spending hours thinking about the value of a curve on a y-axis is, in fact, exhausting for most 20yo crypto "investors" and you only live once. It's a weird kind of job where you interact with a "man-made game" and it's purely about beating out the other, no producing anything. Again, no offense to any actual traders, this is just how I came to view it.

Currencies > investment > kek
Utility tokens > investment > kek

>Take large positions which happen to get lucky all in a row, so you build up your equity?

what kind of "large position" could you trade with $200? if someone put a gun to my head and told me i needed to trade $200 the only thing that would come to mind would be doing a short term options trade and hoping for the best

successful long term forex traders are 1 in a million. post 10 year percentage returns or larp

Sure, if they're 'trading' you stupid kike.

Your best bet would probably be at-the-money credit spreads with that low of an amount.
get a (night) job. you can literally earn 200 ez at mcdonalds in no time at all.

there's no successful long term forex traders because if you have more than $10k, there's no point to trading Forex vs currency futures. There's zero advantages and many disadvantages. People like George Soros are currency traders and not Forex traders.

Markets like Forex and "binary options" were created to take money from little people who want to pretend to be traders.

Any good brokers for currency futures btw? I probably won't use them at all, but I like to keep my options open.

Only if you want to make 100x within a few months.

t. retard from plebbit

The winning Crypto investors call it Fundamental Analysis.

The crypto daytraders call it Technical Analysis.

Why does this confuse you?

How many charts do you watch at once? I think 4-6 is my max on crypto ( 1 minute charts) .
Main indicators? Also what percentage of 24 hour volume can you scalp with before slippage occurs?

Thee only edge that you will get is the rope from which you will hang once you lose everything

Large relative to how much equity they have.

Let's assume a broker provides 100x Leverage. With $200USD, that user could take a position (assuming they're trading
a Forex pair with USD as the Base Currency) of up 20,000 units, or 2 Mini-lots.

They'd have to do that because that'll allow them to make or lose around $2 for each pip movement for/against their position.

Imagine having $200k USD instead of $200; you're not going to deploy all your available Margin to one position. Why? Because you're not desperate to build up your Equity quickly.

Buy Quant we getting rich nigga

>Thee only edge that you will get is the rope from which you will hang once you lose everything

Do people who say this kind of shit not understand position sizing? Stop losses?

Even if something I bought went immediately to zero with no stop loss I'd lose at most 5% of my stack.

10% of a huge stack is a lot

You could be scalping for 2k dollars each trade intraday for a month, then an huge dildo erases 10% of all your stack in fucking hours and it's 70k off, then unless you go in the "fuck money, fuck this shit" route, you will tilt and start losing money at an extremely fast rate until you burn

if you can handle that then props to you, most can't, more than the trading method is the emotion control for when you fuck up

serious question, do you have any open bsv positions right now? Are you long or short?

Attached: pepe.jpg (360x360, 20K)

Yes and in every trading environment you literally need to buy low and sell hi to make money or reverse if shorting.

Best fucking edge you have in this insane market is hitting shitcoin that will 100x-1000x i did it few times since 2014 and how the fuck is it not edge?

So you swing shitcoins for btc?
Why not just long/short btc and save yourself time lol

Also I buyed eth during ico ...gains are few years of yours peddling shitcoins for btc just by that 1 action ....
ž
Fuck you are dumb..

stinkies are the staple of failure and delusion on this board now and has been for a while. you only need to scroll through biz for about an hour to realize this. a prime example of zero talented gambling hodlers are in fact the posters here shilling link.

N

lmao

I had half my stack in a variety of alts, and used half my stack for day trading during the last bullmarkets.

The daytrading stack was about 10x the alt stack by early 2018.

>buyed

go back to your own imageboards, shitskin

>been trading forex
Show proof. Forex is the new dropshipping and every scammer says it that way.

Teach me how to trade so I can be a neet PLEASE

Somethings about this post and the OP makes me 100% sure you’re larping.

>playing full time doge trader
That would be living the dream. How do I do that? Give us some fucking tips, asshole!

Not interested, come back when you are a millionaire retired trader

This is absolutely true. The forex market isn't an actual market but a scripted simulation.

>This is absolutely true. The forex market isn't an actual market but a scripted simulation.
it follows the currencies market, you retarded

The best strategy is the strategy that works for you.

forex pairs just take their price from the current value of the 2 pairs on the futures market

if someone is confused by this, i would just say this: If you were to place a billion dollar trade on USD futures, you would see a jump in price. If you did the same trade on a Forex broker, nothing would happen, as your trade wasn't actually executed anywhere outside of the broker. You are trading inside of a box.

Actually the broker would probably come up with some excuse to not pay you, as the money would be coming directly out of their pockets and not from the market. "money laundering, suspicious transactions" etc.

i also want to say, you won't find this information online as forex brokers have a vested interest in you not knowing what is going on, and forex traders are in denial and want to believe they are really trading.

i've been trading for most of my adult life and came to the conclusion myself that forex is a fake market. I've done very well for myself trading futures instead.

If you are a real trader, you should ask yourself what is going on behind the scenes and how and where your orders are actually being executed. When I asked this about the forex market, the answers didn't make sense.

So you're a trader, but the concept of "going long" is a complete mystery to you

>if someone is confused by this, i would just say this: If you were to place a billion dollar trade on USD futures, you would see a jump in price. If you did the same trade on a Forex broker, nothing would happen, as your trade wasn't actually executed anywhere outside of the broker. You are trading inside of a box.
it follows the currency market
So if you place a bet no matter if you move the market or not, you want to gain from your speculation

Have sex

>if someone put a gun to my head and told me i needed to trade $200 the only thing that would come to mind would be doing a short term options trade and hoping for the best
What about crypto trading?

i will buy up to 1k

in very rare occasions when one currency is collapsing, forex can be profitable. but still the movements are so incredibly small (30% in one year is a HUGE move that's only happened once in the last decade) so you have to use leverage, which is basically gambling on random noise.

and every time you lose on leverage, you lose a multiplier more than normal and mathematically you always end up blowing up your account (that's why there are so many forex bucket shops)

in crypto 10% in a day is normal. think if you had to wait a year to get that AND you had to gamble on which direction since it's not just buy low.