What exactly do you guys "program" all day everyday? What could there possibly be left to program at this point

What exactly do you guys "program" all day everyday? What could there possibly be left to program at this point.

Attached: 1560014718141s.jpg (250x245, 6K)

Israel has no right to exist.

a lot of it is backporting fixes to older versions of the software cuz these companies dont wanna upgrade to the latest version. pretty gay

>he doesn't know about algorithmic trading
not gonna make it

I'm not a programer, but I have some insight. Some companies program their own in house software to avoid having to license it from somewhere else.

They fix all that unbelievably awful oop “design” their predecessor conned their employer into adopting

I ask myself the same
Anons just say thwy have them making useless code but never specify, so i just assume all programmers are slacking off and making the same code every day and tricking boomers it's super important

What exactly do you guys post about all day everyday? What could there possibly be left to post on Jow Forums at this point.

So once boomers are fucked and dead programmers go extinct because everyone can do everything themselves?

This and this
Everyone wants the new "tech stack" even if it's significantly slower just so they can hire pajeets.
lmao at banks using Javascript, America is fucked.

Docker
Kubernetes
Cloudformation
Everything has to be Redone with these tools

interesting question, but the not so interesting answer is whatever the customer pays for.

>What could there possibly be left to program at this point.
Stupid fucking zoomer the internet hasn't always existed. It's been mainstream for like 25 years.

just websites

Kubernetes clusterfuck software. Man.. this shit gets more and more convoluted by the year.

AR needs to be programmed.
advanced Automated Intelligence scripts.
Improved Traffic light and LED road lighting functions... There are tons of solutions that humanity still needs to develop. What the fuck are you doing with your life? Why aren't you coding?

Attached: 37112105_1781549611935489_2280053053451141120_o.jpg (1200x1200, 193K)

Implying anyone here is smart enough to actually make any money with algorithmic trading

Companies have teams of math PhD's working on this shit

Pick something you're interested in and learn how to program for it. In 5-10 years knowing how to read code will be a minimum requirement similar to knowing Word or Excel is now.

How many people could possibly work on such projects? Sounds like something a team of 10 could do in a few weeks

$$$$$$$$ :-)

>25 years
damn that sounded wrong when I first read it but fuck I'm just old.

Ive been working on a niche healthcare application for over 4 years on a small dev team. scope of the project has ballooned since I started and it's non stop new feature requests. there's always something to do. software has a way of growing over time, then of course there's more to maintain.
there is no shortage or work out there.

Why don't boomers just torrent software if it's so expensive?

>Math PhD's
>Fell for the PhD meme.
>Doesn't realize these "smart people" don't actually work, and fuck around with meaningless tests and retests and start projects that go nowhere until there boss demands results.

Never going to make it.

Okay but does anyone actually make profit with algotrading? I did research and came to the conclusion that it's extremely hard and not really worth the effort with how much competition there is.

Even when it backtests profitable it feels like there's some bullshit that makes it losing in actual trading.

ur mom

Attached: hands off the bean.jpg (1172x1056, 483K)

Enjoy mining XMR for some Russian snow nigger

In general, I don't understand how people do creative or productive work for stretches of hours at a time. How do you not just get brain-fogged or the work you're putting in starts getting redundant?

Attached: 1551702655435.png (212x238, 5K)

Wagies have something we don't. I'll never understand the wagie drive

It’s called expendable income

That sounds like a non-sequitur to me. How does expendable income give you focus and drive to do menial tasks?

As a racist, I have a lot to program. The world is at my fingers.

I'm not talking wage-work, I'm talking creative work. Whether creating art or creating some novel technology.

Kek
>websites

Isn't that more of a web design job? And at this point isn't everything just a template?

Your assumption is people are actually focused most people go to work and surf Facebook

Maybe their brains haven't been fucked by the novelty of the internet

that's why you train a neural network to do it for you, not that it's any easier to program

I just make websites for myself. html/css/javascript/php/mysql.
>create a site
>place some ads
>tweak it a bit
>make a tiny bit of money
>make another and try again
Somethings wrong with me, I do it all in regular notepad.

Nah...thats not gonna happen. Entry barrier is still high even if it went down. This will probably always stay something demanding.i needed half a year to be able to do anything. There’s such a fuckton of things you need to know....doubt it that this can be for the masses

i get using vim/emacs for efficiency but you gain nothing from using notepad. just get VSCode or Atom or some shit at that point

vivian jamez

that's why i said specifically being able to read code. there are languages i've barely worked with that i can read pretty well even though i wouldn't have been able to write it myself. it's similar to spoken languages where understanding enough general shit gives you context even if you aren't fluent

Like python or similiar “scripting” bs....i doubt normies could read a real language like c# ....just imagine once the code goes above standard functions into inheritance, events, delegates, lambda expressions or generics. Not a chance in hell

I'll read reviews then download one. I'm ready to give up my boomer ways for new zoomer tech efficiencys.

programmable money

HEY IDIOT WHERE'S CHAINLINK

>devops

How do you get into this?

>c#
>real language
lel

Keeping legacy systems up and running. COBOL is still a thing as governments and the financial sector are pretty much in the mindset of if it ain't broke, dont fix it. Both sectors will throw a good amount of money to somebody that still knows the ins and outs of COBOL.

Enterprise software developer here
Lots of my colleagues just spend all day reinventing the wheel.

I've realized most of my work is just creating/updating add/edit record screens for new tables/added fields, mostly grunt work of writing the database queries, creating the input validation (js validation for client-side and server-side validation). And creating the processes for generating reports for said screens.

I created a framework that, given a list of sql fields and their types and lengths, generates add and edit record screens, with all needed validation code client-side, generates all needed server-side queries to insert and update these records along with needed server-side validation, and a generic report generation code for the table.

It allows me to finish most of my work for the week in 15-30 minutes, give or take, depending on special cases that require me to make some modifications to the generated code.

They have no idea and give my tasks estimates of 30-40 man-hours. I finish it before lunch and just goof off for the week. I only check it in when the deadline is near, because I noticed industrious coders only get more work stacked on them without any additional recognition or credit for it.

wew lad sophomore cs major in the house

It doesn't matter how good you are at coding. Without a connection to get you in the door these days, you can't get shit. I almost got an amazing job as a React programmer at a really good startup. They offered me the job and told me they were going to pay me in ""stock options"" instead of money. I declined. Everything is fucked, even coding.

Attached: tearjak.png (650x773, 47K)

you can always tell people are noobs when they bash paradigms or frameworks like this

>beep bop boop beep bop

Attached: NPC-header-1-640x480.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Not a noob. Had to deal with shitty fucking OOP for years. It is a clusterfuck of a paradigm designed for mediocre programmers to have a job.

sure theres bad OOP, there bad everything, doesnt mean its a "clusterfuck of a paradigm"

Adderall :)

Attached: i fucking love cocaine.jpg (466x462, 66K)

Ok, let me make a correction: The OOP paradigm is fine. A lot of shitty programmers misuse it.

yea tell me about it, just look at people going to town with some trendy JS tool and just completely fucking shit up