Banking

My bank charges me $15 CAD/month (11 USD/10 EURO) in "service charges" just for having accounts. Is this normal in your country? It completely negates the purpose of banking. Since interest rates are obscenely low, I could have thousands in my savings account, and all of the interest would be negated by this monthly fee.

Post 2008 capitalism seems to be set up to make young people poor.

Attached: CIBC.png (200x280, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banking_in_Canada
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thats more than what I pay each year, and my bank is one of the few that actually have fees. There are absolute 0 interest rates here though, nowhere to be found

We're in a country overrun with libtards who don't know how to run businesses (and cram down on businesses who would otherwise be better).

Anyway, I'm with TD (I have an all-inclusive bank account) and they waive the bank fee for me completely. I pay literally $0 in bank fees.

None of the highstreet banks charge for current account or savings accounts here in uk.

Canada sounds cucked

>Canada sounds cucked
We're both in countries where we institutionally defer to Muslims and can be prosecuted and imprisoned for defending our own homes against intruders. Canada is fucked. UK is fucked. Australia is fucked.

>they waive the bank fee for me completely
Why? They did this for me when I was a full time student.

Nigga from Brazil here.

The Central Bank of Brazil already imposed an obligation to offer a free package of service for a ordinary account.

By the way, It's necessary to say, too, that's new fintechs are borning here, and they are offering free accounts that you open via internet.
The future already arrived in Brazil. Envy me!

Sucks to be you, maple nibba. Next time get born in a real country.

Pic related. Anyone who's not a retard can have $5k+ in the account at all times. Easy peasy $0 in bank fees.

Attached: rebate.jpg (665x220, 22K)

I made less than 10k last year and I'm unemployed again.

Okay, so you're retarded. Don't use a bank. Keep it under the mattress.

what the fuck, it's only 2k in your chequing account for them to waive a fee here in vancouver.

Well, I'm talking about the waive fee for the account I have. Maybe it's less for another type of account.

For at least $5k kept in the account, I get:

-Waived monthly fee
-Unlimited transactions
-Free money transfers, chequebooks, money orders, certified cheques, and free ATM usage
-Free paperless records

Etc.

If you're getting all that and/or more for $2k, that's great.

I just finished college for apprentice level plumbing. I can't hold a fucking job because there are so many journeymen and more experienced apprentices willing to work for the same wage because the economy died in 2008.

Attached: the_boomfinity_gauntlet_by_ebrucebillwolf_dcfx5mk-pre.jpg (845x945, 188K)

You don't have to go with the big bank. Go with one of their subsidiaries, or look into credit unions. There are also online only financial institutions.

There are zero fee options, if you are willing to spend a few hours researching them. Anyone who PAYS their bank to store THEIR money is an ultra cuck.

Attached: 22.jpg (650x397, 31K)

I get all that plus a safety deposit box. Nothing personal kid

I get charged at $16 monthly fee if my account balance goes below $4000, a poor person tax kek

US anons, use banks like Simple and Chime. No fees ever. We have to use banks til crypto takes over so dont pay fees.

There are only really 5 banks in Canada.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banking_in_Canada

Good luck with anything else. Spotty service, shit apps, cards not accepted, transfers not accepted. No thanks.

Credit unions are shit tier and give out subprime mortgages like candy, at least when a real bank goes bust they get bailed out lmao

>We have to use banks til crypto takes over

oh, sweet summer child

>paying heebs for the privilege of investing your own money while it sits in an account collecting 0 interest

Some banks do, some don't. (I'm American) seems really high though, maybe switch banks

Tangerine is Scotia and Simplii is CIBC. You pay no fees with those, because they don't have brick and mortar locations. Otherwise, the rest of services is exactly the same in terms of money movement.

>getting a mortgage directly through a financial institution, and not a mortgage broker
This one gets a yikes from me.

>they don't have brick and mortar locations

Attached: black and white trashman.png (559x556, 152K)

>that image
Even if it is the case that CIBC reacted negatively to government tax policy; do you not understand government policy is analysed on it's overall macro effect and not just it's micro effect on one firm?
>We're in a country overrun with libtards who don't know how to run businesses (and cram down on businesses who would otherwise be better).
Mindlessly repeating cliches you got from Neoliberal media companies? So impressive.

Op my (us) bank is 100% free.

Canaderp is completely cucked and fucked
Their food prices are insanely high and if you start interneting about it, the canada thought police will come a knocking.
Your femboy pres or whatever the fuck u call completely fucked your cointries financial situation with his opposite of trump approach on everything. So now every sector of your lil bitch country from banking to food is completely fucktified.

Attached: pepe8.jpg (1363x1129, 325K)

>tfw I use CIBC in the caribbean and they do the same shit to me
It's $2.50 US but still, what the fuck are they charging me for when they make enough money off me having my money in the bank? Shit's retarded, I kinda want to switch banks but then I'd have to get new accounts and cards and internet banking shit. What a hassle.

my checking account has a fee of like 8 dollars a month if you don't complete 15 transactions or have 5k in it. I do both and get 2.5% apr + dividends + atm fee refunds on out of network atm's so it's worth it for me since I never pay the fee. You can get here (US) accounts with no fees that don't have any benefits or just a standard very low interest rate pretty easily.

Get a credit union account instead, my dude.

this is a credit union btw

>not having that 5k in crypto instead, the gains will offset your measly 15$ fee