I am doing this as a general service towards NEETs, and also because my hobby/profession needs more cool boys

I am doing this as a general service towards NEETs, and also because my hobby/profession needs more cool boys.

I am a land surveyor. I do things like make maps, show people their property lines, and walk around the woods looking for buried treasure.

Your founding fathers -- All of them were land surveyors.

We need more bros, because no one knows what this shit is about. And nothing happens without a survey.

If being in the outdoors, by yourself, solving problems sounds like the right path for you, go ahead and call your local surveyor and see if they need help.

This is my hobby, and when my sick litecoin and fantom stacks make it, I promise you I will still be in the woods, surveying.

Attached: IMG_20190501_101504336.jpg (3840x2160, 2.17M)

i've always wondered how you guys find the property lines. after all there isn't always a metal stake in the ground to mark it off. how in the hell do you figure that shit out without some other point of reference? GPS?

>LTC
>FTM
opinion discarded
thanks for playing

>This is my hobby, and when my sick litecoin and fantom stacks make it, I promise you I will still be in the woods, surveying.
based and GISpilled

I mean if no one gives a fuck, thats absolutely cool as well. I am at the lake house, I am all fucked up, Im with the senpai. Sall good.

I am just saying, if anyone needs a job, with no niggers, and a conservative as fuck boss that will help you buy guns, by all means ask me anything.

Attached: IMG_20190428_112646727.jpg (3840x2160, 1.51M)

i would work with/for you, user. beautiful pic by the way.

any degrees/certs/previous experience necessary to get a job like this? and what is the pay generally like starting out?

we go and find other corners, and then estimate where is should be.

so basically it's all entirely made up and completely inaccurate? i should just go out in the woods somewhere and put metal stakes down and claim like a thousands aceres for myself since there is no way to prove accurately otherwise.

How much you make?

you can expect in the low 20s an hour. sub 20s with no experience. 8 years till your license no matter what you do, so my opinion, go straight to work.

high 30k a year. but i am oh so satisfied. get to drive around atv's and shit. be by myself. help when i need it.

That actually sounds based, how'd you get your job?

I went to school based on my step father suggestion, Id never heard of it: for Land Surveying and Geomatics. Only a few schools offer that. its basically however many years towards your 8. 4/2 years of schooling with 4/6 years of in the field training

Anyways, you dont need it. We are in trouble. we need good guys bad. no one knows what this proffesion is. i think if people understood you were basically out out your own, making some topographical map, it would be more popular because people wanna be their own bosses.

excuse me, phone posting and fucked up posting

Guessing America, know anyone looking for help in Brisbane, Australia?

America.
All of them bro. Trust me.

No because you have to actually find "evidence" to back your decision up.

What you "plan" to do is in fact, illegal in all Western countries.

fun fact though, thats what ALL the olde tyme surveyors did and made a ridiculous amount of cash

I could help.

-can I move around the country/am i forced to be in one area? Is it a life on the road type deal?
-whats the pay like?
-whats the training regimen?

Want help bad enough to help sponsor a family visa? ;) (wife, son, two dogs)

nah i'm too pale. I'd get a bad sunburn

my 70+ year old partner has melonoma.

Yes! if you have experience you can absolutely go anywhere you wantfrom a private contracting gig with the army in kabul to mcmurdo Antarctica my friend

Sounds cool user. Im oilfield so im good but have a bump. I might have done that if I wasnt in oil.

oil field user deserves a bump for fellow surveyorfeel posters.

WHY IS MY CONTROL MISSING

Do you think there is a certain age limit to get into this? I’d be interested in working my current job to save up more money and semi retiring at like 30 or so and working a chill job like this. What are your thoughts?

How much do i get paid, and how do I get training?

Its for sure a job you can do in to your boomer years. im not sure why. walking around the woods is chill?

the training is either a degree or in the field training. it takes 8 years no matter what.

Wear sunscreen boyo. I always wear sunscreen or a balaclava with sunglasses when I work in the field

I'd love to get into land surveying, but I fell for the STEM meme and now a junior in biochem + molbio. Been in the conservation corps before and it was easily the most hard fun I've had. Was a hard fun to be on alert all night for a week straight because of thunderstorms where we all had to run for cover through heavy rain and wait out the thunderstorm and still wake up at 6am the morning for our 10 hour day of grueling work. Longest I got to camp out was 1 month straight.

Pic related, a bison.

Attached: picrelated.png (743x739, 781K)

That job is for cucks I run equipment and always pull those stupid stakes out the ground just to slow process and get more down time

8 fucking years? I could be a doctor in that time. Why the fuck would I do this? How much do I get paid after 8 years of training?

nice user keep it up

so be a doctor.

I've been wondering about your profession more and more. I own a property management company and work closely with investors (lead generation, representation at auctions, etc.). On a side note, my parents were both assessors for one of the most populated counties in the nation. I just got back from a week in the Rockies, and was just thinking about surveying after seeing a few crews out and about. What kind of money can be made? What is certification like? Is there actually a shortage? Is there a boom in some areas (like Colorado) and a bust in other areas (like Illinois or New Jersey)?
I had a handful of people in some mountain towns tell me that plumbers and electricians are much needed and can easily bill $100/hr out there; does this mean surveyors are killing it in Colorado?

Attached: 20190605_155134.jpg (4032x1960, 2.69M)