I don't know how to plan for the future because I'm paranoid the economy/dollar will crash in the near future

I don't know how to plan for the future because I'm paranoid the economy/dollar will crash in the near future.

How likely is this to happen in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years?

What specific dominoes would have to fall for this to happen?

Would it really be apocalyptic?

The prepper community makes it seem like Armageddon could hit at any moment and I know Gold/Silver merchants have a vested interest in promoting this but I just want to know what Jow Forums thinks.

Attached: WorldWarZ.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My plan is to buy stuff I can rent while learning suvival skills. No 401k. If everything collapses I will be ready if not I can live from rents. Also, it will collapse in our lifetime.

Humans live a long time user, can I get a ballpark number?

The honest answer is no one knows.

Don't forget the prepper community is also a business. The sky is always falling, and it's making some people rich,

If we don't collapse to the ground during the next big recession and we manage to keep this circus going, around 2050 max.

Take notice that the prepper community does not accept payment in the form of canned foods

Damn, Yea I'm starting to understand that they're just advertising, guess I'll just treat it like insurance.

Attached: Mike_the_mechanics-silent_running_(on_dangerous_ground)_s.jpg (220x219, 12K)

Do you think that next recession is close?

Attached: Hmm.jpg (447x480, 38K)

Hard to tell. I supose we could suffer one like 2008 and then the very big one that could accelerate the entropy to unsustanable levels. 2020-2022 could be the one similar to 2008. But all those are big speculations.

This next election feels like it could be the last one and trigger it but then again it seems like every election has felt like that.

before the 2001 crash everything had pretty good indicators, which is the scary part.
housing market was high. gdp growth was high. unemployment was very low.
i think we are due for a recession, yield curve inversion, high housing market with low wages.
could be a catalyst with anti-trust lawsuits into facebook google et al. there is also abnormally high political tension

i usually say just add to the stock market but i'm going to wait this out

theres no collapse its just a slow decay.unless EMP strike. then shit gets real

literally everyone has a vested interest in keeping the system/economy going

nobody benefits from a collapse, nobody is going to choose collapse over order/stability

we grow enough food to feed everyone in the world, people are willing to work to buy food, therefore total collapse/anarchy is unlikely to ever happen because there's enough food to go around and everyone is willing to do what it takes to get the food

this is the only scenario where collapse is possible

Attached: 25152180_10210751103437983_6615115141536698681_n.jpg (514x373, 23K)

(OP)
to be clear, prepping is basically a non-fantasy version of LARPing (Dungeons & Dragons).

Or to put it a little differently, prepping is basically the same thing as walking around in the woods with a backpack and a gun and LARPing like you're in The Walking Dead.

Attached: 26055905_1950416821944579_8559796492352169917_n.png (960x746, 545K)

(OP)
also, do not believe anything you read on Zero Hedge. It's literally Russian propaganda.

Avoid the libertarian right's crazy economic ideas (Austrian economics, monetary theory of inflation, gold as the only legitimate store of value) because the last ten years have definitively proved all of it to be false.

Do not buy gold. If you want hard assets, buy bitcoin, because the supply is truly limited and the growth potential is much greater.

Don't get me started on silver or palladium. Or mining stocks. Just stay the fuck away from all of it, it's all bullshit.

Don't forget to vote Trump in 2020.

Attached: 25299992_877864839043046_646158386697187366_o.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

>Do not buy gold. If you want hard assets, buy bitcoin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 65268482.jpg (326x154, 8K)

Some of the indicators are showing we might already be entering a recession
(Like auto-loan delinquencies)

An economic crisis does not equal end of the world - Do you have adequate cash saved up in case of job loss? Do you have some silver, gold or crypto stored up? Those are some of the first things you want to square away. If you have some time go over some of the stories coming out of Venezuela or this one below -

silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/one-year-in-hellsurviving-a-full-shtf-collapse-in-bosnia/

All I know is silver is practically free right now.

Attached: funfunfun.jpg (1200x580, 89K)

I spent a few years with the mindset that it could happen any day.. and I spent a lot of money on food and weapons etc that I may never need but at least I've now spent enough that I'm done prepping.. like any more money would only barely increase my chances

>Boomers still think their shiny rocks will be worth more than the instantaneously transmittable digital currency that's annual value has only ever gone up in the next 10 years
How does it feel knowing there are hundreds of millennial that made in one year what you slaved decades for?

Attached: 1559014533731.jpg (1006x1024, 84K)

I'm a millennial that made a nice chunk on ETH, user. I'm not a millionaire or a NEET, but I'm happy. If shit ever really hits the fan, institutional investors are not gonna turn towards a highly speculative and volatile digital asset. Gold is a TRUE store of value. You are relating BTC value to USD. If USD is worthless, what is BTC? If there is no USD, are you gonna sell your BTC for gold? Gold is money.