What is it really like to work in Silicon Valley or San Francisco?

What is it really like to work in Silicon Valley or San Francisco?

Are all the tech companies and startups really dominated by insular Asians and pajeets (with white or jewish management at the top) who’ll only help each other and will try to get outsiders fired?

Attached: 2E247CCB-9FDF-4843-A553-DE738BDD1CD8.jpg (1000x1426, 230K)

No are you really a retard or just a troll?

Not everywhere, but it's an open secret that if you aren't Indian at Microsoft then you are fighting an uphill battle.

Redmond looks like Pajeet heaven.

I've lived and worked in both Silicon Valley and in Redmond at the big M. Here are my random observations:

Silicon Valley
>young single 20-something-year-old dudes fresh out of college
>human waste everywhere when you go up to SF
>toxic workplaces where people will backstab you to get a promotion
>job hoppers every 2 years on the clock to maximize salary gains
>extremely ugly women who are hilariously picky because they are surrounded by infinite wealthy young single guys
>coffee shops full of macbook pros with people doing webdev shit
>horrible traffic unless it's like midnight
>good weather but gets quite hot in June/July/August
>everyone drives a fairly new car or a lease in the burbs (sunnyvale, mountain view etc.)
>teenage kids would commit suicide by laying on the BART train tracks if they didn't get into Stanford or Berkely
>parents put their kindergarten aged kids into tutoring
>weirdly high number of Canadians (waterloo especially)

Redmond:
>lots of pajeets obviously
>pretty boring, not very walkable
>families everywhere
>dominated by Microsoft obviously
>depressing in the winter with the rain
>not as competitive and backstabby as the Bay Area
>people go to MSFT to die, some of the least motivated people I've ever worked with (but they show up and collect a fat paycheck so they don't care)
>not a good place to be if you are ambitious
>fairly good hikes around here compared to the Bay Area (Tahoe is overrated as fuck)

anyway enjoy the brain dump

OP here. Thanks. So are the backstabby gossiping people usually Asians or whites, women, or what, and how do you get on their good side? And would you say it’s better to work in Seattle/Redmond over the Bay Area for tech?

I never noticed any clear correlation between race and backstabby-ness. Most people are obviously Asian or White (or Brown) though - very few black people.

Worked at 3 startups 2 got acquired quit my last job because it sucked

Now I run my own

To answer your question, no. If you’re smart you can do anything

Too bad mostly everyone is retarded but thinks they’re smart

I’d rather be in LA or Boston right now if I had to do it over and I was a fresh grad

Spot on, esp. the part about going to Microsoft to basically retire/die. So many brain dead fucking morons at that company that it is almost unbelievable that they aren't dead. New role at small Seattle based tech/product company, it's light years better.

californians. it's a california thing

this is fairly accurate.

What if you're smart but have horrible people skills

LA is fucking horrible.

I advise you to stay out of SF. We have enough limp wrist nerds here already.

Got any advice for me, user? Where should I start

Glad to hear it's better user. I'm actually still there but am hoping to move to greener (aka more exciting) pastures next year. Will probably start the job search after xmas. Just hard to walk away from since I am so overpaid here...

Do you have a degree in CS or self-taught?

electrical engineering actually, but I do more program management type shit nowadays compared to actual coding

don't really care about this thread that much, but nice to be reminded that not everyone here is a 17 year old with $150 of LINK to his name.

I've worked at a start up doing pretty well in SF for 5 years, pajeets are truly the worst coders, they have cookie cutter degrees and they all refer their friends for bonuses then leave. Management varies but I don't see a lot of Jews, either way I'm starting my own company soon and won't make these mistakes.

Also you'd be surprised how much blow is around

>Also you'd be surprised how much blow is around
Not really, its close to mexico

>pajeets are truly the worst coders, they have cookie cutter degrees and they all refer their friends for bonuses then leave
Fucking this. Holy shit. If you work in a team with even 1 pajeet you are essentially 1 man down for every milestone. Expect delays and angry management that doesn't understand

If you have the misfortune of working in a team with multiple pajeets your project WILL be shit but hopefully management will expect that and also be a pajeet

its racist. my neighbor is a hiring manager at microsoft and said he wont hire me because im white lol. Then you get group projects with diversity hires and you end up doing all the work for not equal pay. Join a startup because big company work in silicon valley is reverse racism against whites. I cant believe its so, clown world. and no dont go blame the jews for this because its just racist hiring managers looking out for their own

That's just business everywhere.

yes

Bums. Bums everywhere.

It’s unironically exactly like that show. I’ve worked at many startups and the characters in the show are chillingly accurate.

Aren't 1 hour commutes mandatory there or something? How the fuck can you call that a life?

>very few black people
You don't say...

if you work for a big tech company they have buses with wifi and air conditioning that pick you up and drop you off all over the Bay Area

Sounds based

Got any advice for me?

Where should I start as a newbie, thanks

You can always tell when a pajeet manages the company website. It’s just like when a white cop pulls over a black person and they gotta call in another black person to deal with em. It’s all about relation. Many dollars will return to India as rupees. Thank you based consumer America scum. You will provide 100000000s of cows for future pajeets to fester.

Attached: 0F35CDB6-8398-47FD-B105-D5FD031A45F4.jpg (511x511, 58K)

Look for small start ups through hacker news or something, but do research on the founding team, I've never worked for a big company like FB or Google but I hear horror stories about them as well.

it's actually like the show. the shit I've seen go on.

Go on

I work for Facebook and interned at Google 2 years ago

both are pretty similar, your experience at the company will depend on the team youre on

The fb team i'm on right now is pretty chill