Shopify stores, drop shipping advice

Hi guys,
Finally im here, someone whos actually going to ask about BUSINESS in BUSINESS AND FINANCE.

Me and my mate want to start up a Shopify store by either using the drop shipping method or putting our money together and buying up items to sell on our site.
We are mainly looking at dropshipping as it is easier financially to do.

If you have any advice on dropshipping and shopify please tell me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
user

Attached: Shopiguy.jpg (333x187, 4K)

>he doesn't have an adblocker
>he believes the con artists

You're starting this at least two years too late. Dropshipping is declining because buyers are wary of long delivery times. Also because of the new trade tariffs imposed on China, the Chinese shit might get expensive.

you find cheap china crap selling on facebook and instagram and find the person peddling it and make their website but better and then put their ads but better out for the same thing and try to get your post to go around instead of the other people shilling the same crap, it's soul draining and you'd be better off working a wageslave job and spending your time learning a skill you can invest in, but if you're good enough at it or at identifying chinese crap that will sell marked up you can make it work probably.

Attached: 74051493_p2.jpg (300x400, 100K)

i have 2 stores that both sell about 400k a year, got lucky with the products as both stores were profitable from day one.

Not OP but here are some questions:

Does it worth making a domestic shop exclusively for selling in my country? Implying I live in a third world shithole called Brazil.

How much one should invest in niche searching and market analysis? If you know some god tier resource on the subject, please recommend it.

It's probably possible to make money drop shipping still, but you'd need a truly niche good (not on amazon) and be able to drive demand for it- something that takes either a large following, or a lot of money to run advertising tests and figure out a target market.

I'm running affiliate marketing prototypes (lots of free time atm while I search for a 'real' tech job out of college) and have had nothing but disappointment so far, even driving traffic directly to the sales funnels was giving 0 conversions. High click rates (people were clicking my page links) but losing interest and not making it to the order page and buying stuff.

I'm told 3-6% conversion rate (people actually buying) is the norm, but if you go by the people on YouTube, $100 a day doing drop shipping / affiliate marketing must fall out of the sky into their lap- for me, even making ONE sale starting from nothing has been a challenge.

How are you driving traffic? Like i've seen thots on social media pushing various stuff (a certain brush comes to mind) to their followers, but they're able to draw sales from having the product social proofed by them. How did you build up from zero?

Isn't shopify a shopping cart software? I'm clueless but I keep hearing about shopify stores

Drop shipping was like 15 years ago. You need to private label products to succeed now and even that is crowded. Full on manufacturing if you really want to make it.

I disagree re the manufacturing part of it. I think that is a value add that comes to get the benefits of vertical integration before you sell the brand. I do agree that dropshipping is fucking tough. The easy days are long gone. I do a few Private Label SKU's of the one product type. Launched in Au then NZ. Then South Africa and now USA. It has been going pretty well. Year 2 in July and we'll do over a million in sales outside of US. It ain't easy. It will consume your life. And all your profits from the first couple of years will need to go back into the business. Or pic related. The fact that you're asking here on /biz with no real idea - means that you'll probably fuck it up. Get that loss under your belt and you'll do your own research next time

Attached: wagiecuckstation.jpg (1920x2540, 776K)

Are you testing enough? Do you have unique angles? Do you spy and copy-paste the successful competition? Do you have a good relationship with your affiliate manager so that he gives you juicy data?

You don’t make money from dropshipping retard
You make money from selling dropshipping courses about how you made money from dropshipping

I live outside the United States, we have pretty good relations with China

Thank you for the reply,
when you said ", $100 a day doing drop shipping / affiliate marketing must fall out of the sky into their lap" what did you mean

Nigga you way too late to make it drop shipping shit hit critical mass 2 years ago. Now it's a heavily saturated market by the 'entrepreneurs'

I live in a country which drop shipping has not quite kicked off yet, it also helps that in my neighboring country its only just starting up. My neighboring country has 4 times the population as mine and very similar laws

>'entrepreneurs'
kek you killin' me dawg

What was your method of building up, do you use local importers, or go straight from China.

You won't make it. Shipping and purchasing costs are too high and cutthroat unless you sell something very niche. I work as a purchaser for a 100 man IT company and we already have a very hard time competing with the big boys. And then there's China for which you just can't compete at all.

LOL at the fud in this thread. Biz is the Mecca for self defeating loser cucks, I swear. OP if you’re still here AMA, do ~$100k/yr in dropshipping with my small Shopify store I’ve been too lazy to scale.

How do you find stuff to sell and reach the audience you want to sell it to? Also, are you based in US or europe?

US but some competitors in same niche as me are in Europe I’ve noticed so it doesn’t make a difference. Aliexpress search random shit literally anything, sort by orders, import to site, and most importantly BUILD a BRAND.

I’m just a bit concerned over long shipping times to europe. I think people don’t wanna wait for 30 days for items. Is there a faster way or is my only chance if I sell the products in the USA?

There are dropshippers that send from within US. About 60% of what I sell reaches people within 7 days in the US.

Oh Europe, why sell to Europe..?

Hmm, good point. I didn’t even think of selling in america because I worry a bit about how I as a EU citizen will be taxed on gains made in another country

>fudding yourself over tax and legal issues before you even start making $
Don’t even think about this shit until you have at least $5k stacked.

idk, seems like a waste of time to me.
But if you're poor, then you've got no choice, I suppose.

>t. late for his shift at Best Buy

I use mainly google ads, works well for my products. I just use aliexpress suppliers.

Bump