Little to no Investment($100-$1k)
>Dropshipping
>Social Media Marketing
>Digital Media or Marketing of any kind
>Web Development
>Freelance software development
>Affiliate Marketing
>Making Online Courses
>Self publishing Ebook(comprehensive guide:kindlepreneur.com/book-marketing-101/)
>product arbitrage
>redbubble

Some Investment Required($1k-10k)
>ATMs
>POS Systems
>Slumlording
>Daytrading
>P2P Lending
>Authoring or Online publishing
>Vending Machines
>Automated News sites or any kind of automated blog
>Automated online Arbitrage with the help of a buybot

Large Investment Required, but still very passive(10k+)
>Parking Garages or lots
>Laundromats
>Batting Cages
>Rental Properties
>Buying Royalty rights on music, media, etc

Attached: 1554565107164.jpg (1600x1845, 605K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpOCmxQ3a_8
bonanza.com/users/4455085/user_feedbacks
youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't want a real job

How do I get a gf to hold me like that?

Based thread. What are the cheapest and most effective ways to shill my youtube channel? I'm at 6 subs, probably all bots because most videos have no views besides my own.

Pay her

Gamedev here. Released a few short games and one large one. I've generated a few grand from it over the last year and they've all had great reviews both on Steam and from Let's Players, but exposure is my biggest problem. By extension of that, marketing is my biggest weakness.

Anybody got any advice on how to market more effectively?

Pay a popular streamer to shill it

the key is to game the algorithms of the platform and pop up in "if you like this, try this" recommendations. with youtube i think it might be through tags. or, you can log out of your account, watch a huge channel's video and then immediately search for your own video and click on it and that starts to teach youtube "buzzfeed connects to this channel with 6 subs."
with steam, it'll probably be based on what your customers are playing, so that's a waiting game in that situation. there's gotta be a way to speed it up but if you wait it'll snowball in time
good luck anons

You can start by shilling it here. I'm bored, have some extra money I'm willing to throw at a new game. What's it called? I'll even give you feedback if you're looking for any.

genius

Whats the next big thing?

I feel we're just waiting to see AI to become a reality and self driving cars. It'll shake up the system and we'll have to adapt.

I'm trying to piece together what 10 years into the future will look like. People are waking up that social media is bad, maybe more real life social events...

Then theres the chance of losing 30mil jobs to AI in America, what are these people gonna do? will univeral basic income become reality? So much to think about, so many possibilities.

Lately i've been thinking of opening a club, like next generation. Futuristic looking, like cyberpunk, something that will give people an experience and word of mouth will do my advertising. I haven't connected the dots fully, i need inspiration, maybe i need to understand art more.

Attached: 03485357SCIFI.jpg (2400x1186, 626K)

Day trading with Apex Trader is the best decision I’ve ever made. Easy 1-2% on a $30,000 investment, every single day, 100% compounded. I’ll be a multimillion by the end of the year if I manage to stay on pace.

Attached: B2F0C1BC-7A35-4375-9BB8-E21C334A994B.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Contacted a bunch of them, but no biters unfortunately.

You're definitely right about the algorithms, user. No idea how to go about playing that to my advantage.

Cheers, user. My full length game is Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage. It's a pixelshit RPG. I also did another pixelshit series, but this time it's a horror series called Azurael's Circle.

Put something (can be anything) slavic in your game and ask "Life of Boris" on youtube to shill it for you.
He'll gladly do that.

Attached: Boris gun.jpg (1200x1200, 185K)

Oh wow, I can tell a lot of care went into these. You're getting shit done, and I respect that.

Cheers, much appreciated! Went as far as putting on an art competition for Tale of Enki with cash prizes to drum up some sales and publicity. It went fairly well and the participants made some absolute masterpieces. Pic related being my favourite.

Attached: IMG_6460.jpg (3185x4500, 1.42M)

My family owns bakery. No online orders what so ever. Made enough to live in home. It is hard work and I have no time for fun. But better then working for company

Do you want to become a winner at book publishing like me?

Attached: kindle publishing1.png (707x726, 65K)

I'll bite. How is it done?

what is this?

Its a very long and complex process. You've got to hire a writer, graphic artists, and you've got to target the right niche.

kisses are free!

Attached: syaro kisses free.png (1024x1387, 1.34M)

>you've got to target the right niche.
Elaborate

Anyone have any experience with vending machines?

This means you have to pick a profitable niche. For example if you make a book on construction its not very likely to sell well, although a cookbook has a better chance to make money.

Vending machines are an easy way to self employment but it is very difficult to turn it into a actual business.

Go to samsclub to buy your machines, and go to kickstartlocations to get them located. Your welcome.

theres plenty of channels on youtube that deal with this
youtube.com/watch?v=HpOCmxQ3a_8
you could pick up a second hand crane machine for 2000$ on ebay, maybe less for a vending machine if you have a bit of starting cash. It is also important to put them in a place they will get used. Hairdressers can be good locations as there are lots of people sitting around waiting. Kids will also craze their parents if they see a gumball machine in the barber shop and parents will feel obliged to give in as kids hate getting their haircut! I think that gumball machines tend to be a bit less propfitable as you have smaller margins and will only get about $0.25 per sale

bump

Attached: warren buffet.jpg (1200x640, 90K)

Image needs more lens flare

I’m no expert, but it seems like a smart move to use click bait titles in the beginning, e.g “you won’t believe what happened when I ....”, “this simple trick makes ....”, “you have to watch this if you are ...” etc. Once you have a solid sub count you can make it less click bait.

That's actually a really good idea. What were you using as a reward to get people interested in the contest?

Cash prizes for the top 5 and a few runners up got Steam keys for the game. If they had bought it already it could just be gifted to a friend. Got about two dozens entries for so which was more than I initially expected and the quality was crazy good! I organised it through Newgrounds and the site admin gave me a few publicity boosts. It isn't the biggest site anymore, but it's got a very reliable fan base and it timed nicely with the Tumblr artist exodus from earlier this year.

Did you used to post in gamedev general on /vg/? I can't remember seeing your game there

Posted there half a dozen times, but didn't get much interest other than hostility from nodevs. Some constructive feedback from helpful anons though which is always appreciated.

I spent 5 years on a game that hasn't gotten one donation. I've given up on gamedev for now until my mind clears up again

I own a restaurant required 400k investment. The opposite of passive.

Get a manager?

Did you not put it on steam?

When you say donations, I take it you have it up on itch.io and not Steam?

fuck her really good

Yeah, it's on Gamejolt. I thought it'd be better to slip in a paypal link on the menu. Given that it's a one man project I never thought it'd match the fierce competition on Steam

Apologies if my ID keeps changing, I'm still the Tale of Enki gamedev from above. Yeah, I've had next to no success on GameJolt and only minimal joy on itch.io (about $32 since October). Steam is definitely the way to go at the minute unless you have a runaway hit on one of the other websites. It's very demoralising when you work so hard on something and you don't get the success that matches the effort you put into creating it, I know. What's your project?

other guy, I planned and started making a classical survival horror game but lost interest as there were other similar games coming out and just general depression. 32$ is still more than I have earned since I quit my job in october, which is the reason I started bringing these threads back lol

Attached: 1550051569786.gif (500x281, 1.7M)

Classical survival horror would be a dream project of mine. Working on my 3D modelling to see if I can do some sort of low-poly PS1 style game.

There's no way to make money online. I've given up

plenty of entrepenurial activities that aren't online

user it can be done, just believe in yourself.

If you are really desperate, go to this little site called www.bonanza.com and sell spell's there, people will buy just because they hope it works.

bonanza.com/users/4455085/user_feedbacks

Attached: naturespellsalespage1.jpg (900x2350, 2.52M)

Why doesn't anyone here talk about building a Turo fleet and renting out cars anymore? A couple of year ago it seemed like the lowest effort side gig and scalable until you have a couple of Teslas to rent out.

it would be awesome if they had some kind of marketplace for strategies or a marketplace to mimic profitable traders. would like to use a bot but i'm to much of a brainlet to configure it myself. any tips or articles i can use?

Just this: youtube.com/watch?v=cIasr2AiyZ0

WHAT COIN IS THIS?

USD also known as the dollar. It is mined by the government and yoy get it through trading services. It is quite similar to other coins such as the pound, euro and yen.

Attached: 1557037304745.jpg (574x574, 80K)

It's a GTA game in the Mediterranean. Made with Gamemaker. Hostile - Haven Bay, It is pretty demoralizing, but then again, nobody owes me a penny. I've accepted it to be part of the risk, but obviously it'd be nice to see your projects become a success.

Best of luck user, had a look at your work and it's quality stuff

Me again.
Anyone got experience with websites? I've been considering amking one using wordpress, but haven't messed around with websites since highschool so was wondering what to do? Is wordpress the easiest way to get a website and is it an easy way to monetize them?

I just started working on a couple but like you have no experience with websites since HS. You Can use affiliate links and google ads to monetize. Not sure of any details as I'm just starting this shit and learning on the fly

I started making a niche adult game in Unity last year and made a few hundred dollars from people interested in funding the development on patreon, I reinvested everything back into the project since I'm working on growing it into something bigger.
Chances are it won't pay off in a big way but it's more of a hobby since I like the niche and wish more games were in the genre, so that keeps me coming back to it. Would be nice to have more time so I could quit my full time job to make it though.

Attached: face-expression.gif (924x719, 354K)

She cute

>she

is this some kind of pedophilia simulator, user?

You're cute
All 18+ of course

Yes and we'll go back in time and bang your child little ass

Is that what you are selling as progress? Sliders for shape keys?

naw that's just from a character customizer I actually released for free.
I'm selling access to development builds of the game. It's more of a way for people to support what I'm doing and still get the chance to try it out while it's in development