Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener (the tradingview screener is also good)
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

last time on smg

Attached: 1551075846696.jpg (530x483, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for pamp it

First time seeing one of these threads with less than 100 replies.

I'm all in crypto and dgaf about boomer shit, but thought I'd post.

>Pendulum goes to party
>sees boy sitting by himself
>goes over with confidence and introduces himself to the boy
>Hi I'm Pendulum but you can call me pendy
>Boy smiles and says, my name is C-Comfy, you can call me comfy.
>They start talking for awhile and stumble upon stock talk
>They both go over their $500 robinhood accounts
>Party starts winding down
>Pendulum ask comfy if he would like to try the gay test.. for fun he says.
>Comfy agrees and they head off to a room at the back corner of the house
>Pendulum automatically starts kissing comfy, comfy doesn't stop him but goes with it
>Pendulum turns Comfy around and takes comfys pants off and bends him over
>Pendulum starts eating Comfys ass and comfy starts to moan "ooohh ooohhh emmmmm"
>Pendulum then takes out his cock and lubes it by spitting on his hand and rubbing it all over his head and shaft
>He then shoves it in Comfys ass and starts pounding away
>fuck me! Comfy screams. Fuck me!
>Pendulum ask, "oh yeah you like that huh?"
>yes fuck me hard!
>wanna get fucked real hard?!?
>oh yes I want to get fucked real hard!
>pendulum keeps the rhythm and then goes in really deep
>once in really deep he bends over and whispers in comfys ear "buy GALT"
>as comfy struggles to get away pendulum holds him and trys to go deeper
>oh no no no! comfy cries out but pendulum has him good
>Shove that in your portfolio bitch tits!!!

>ok I'm losing portfolio value in crypto, I'm gonna buy back into stocks since it seems my primary watches have dipped and have good growth potential
>buy today
>everything goes down
>crypto pumps back up

Attached: 1501435201565.jpg (841x764, 38K)

true story, i could hear them from the bathroom where I was doing cocaine

i don't think you could have chosen a worse point in buying stocks
we're literally in a debt bubble

Ror! I dont remember that party. Too much scotch in the private cigar lounge area.

Attached: 35ac8a000d6262c2cabb52d4bc044c5f.jpg (675x895, 79K)

We've never not been in a debt bubble though, so I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. Won't change that it will probably crash eventually, but I think we got some more time

My eyes

>He thinks I go to parties
If pendy broke into my house and raped me it would be pretty realistic

Attached: 1560279703660.png (632x756, 44K)

alright lads, lets settle this once and for all

which cpu gives the most gains? i9 9900k or amd?

Attached: 9thGen_i9_Box.jpg (2700x1803, 1.58M)

Surely we'll get some buying today

Attached: 4L_hM02kS8h.jpg (454x453, 57K)

AMD chips are for fags, Chads all use intel cpus and Nvidia GPUs..

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

The i9 God chip atm
AMD doesn't have anything that close

Attached: 1531990210700.png (576x379, 369K)

>tfw

Attached: 27A4507C-AC02-4E84-B518-36A0D5D856AA.png (250x183, 106K)

>Crypto just saved my portfolio
god damn it, this is so disappointing
I'm so so sorry BuffettSama

Just signed up for the free trial of Jim Cramer's pay club thingy. Sick of losing and could use some help. Anyone have anything they want to know about it?

Looking to start a position in NVDA, but you're scaring me now.

>Pendulum having sex is realistic
Reminder that Pendulum is the worst, and constantly contradicts himself at his own convenience. What he says is entirely dependent on the short-term price action in GALT.

Attached: ComeAtMeBro.jpg (800x450, 39K)

what are the consequences of acquiring a mobo setup with these parts? permanently red or permanently green when buying calls on MAXR stock?

Attached: red or bluepilled.png (415x75, 5K)

SELL CALLS
SELL PUTS

Attached: 1560188698732.gif (500x374, 1.26M)

Good tripfag fanfiction

dammit we told you, no champagne in the sex room!

Is Intel actually a dying company or is that just a boomer meme?

check out all these pennies just up for grabs sitting here in front of this steamroller!

CHK almost back to its 52-week low! We shakin' out the weak hands! T-THANKS FOR THE CHEAPIES.

Attached: 1557249396655.png (850x461, 504K)

based and divvypilled

they took a wrong turn on their current process shrink and they're in for a tough time in the short term

long term they gave enough cash to survive being uncompetitive this generation and get back into the game next gen

my plan is to wait for the dip to get nice and dippy and then buy in and hold for a year or two

Sell Snap then buy low before the weekend

one day this will be a good long term buy. prob not today though

Attached: 1558806889342.png (783x423, 34K)

>Tfw didn't buy SNAP at 6 and below

Attached: 1559975986007.jpg (605x960, 114K)

>consumer silicon
Silly
Dozens on xeons in your basement or just give up
Even my laptop has a Xeon in it nowadays

His disgusting stock recommendation certainly "raped" my portfolio.

reminder that generic pharma companies have no pricing power and couldn't reliably make money even when they were engaging in illegal price fixing

Need a dividend REIT, is NRZ still the way to go?

what do you listen to when trading?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY

I wonder if LCIguy is buying the dip

Attached: 1553289392409.jpg (536x540, 52K)

CXW

I'm possible the worst trader ITT. Bow down before your supreme bagholder, you little shits.

>Handpicked stock
-5%

>Index fund
-0.5%

>Index fund
+4.85%

>Handpicked stock
-16.77%

>Handpicked stock
-29.90%

>Handpicked stock
-10.30%

>Index fund
+2.67%

Attached: fish.jpg (500x302, 35K)

lmao i posted about AYX for mother fucking weeks in these stupid fucking threads for you god damn assholes and all of you fucking ignored me, made me feel so fucking insecure about my decisions but i can finally say and gladly to all of you... go fuck yourselves

*possibly

Since inception (Januar 2018)

I had a few shekels left over from my SLV covered call so I used the capital to purchase the options to buy USO shares for the low low price of $10.50 No more day trades though so I'm going to swing this trade over night.

Mornin' /smg/

Attached: giphy[1].gif (441x495, 54K)

Laughing at you retards for not buying AYX.

Total win/loss: -7.63%

Samefag

unironically not, he's a fucking imposter. again, for reinforcement, go fuck yourself

Well I'm down 33 percent since I started in December so

checked. Nice trade user, this is a nice uptrend. Whats your target or are you out already?

Well, steamrollers go pretty fucking slow, so, like, you know...

I‘ve seen worse. Start writing covered calls.
You too; covered calls dragged me from a -33% to a +20% all time. We can all make it but only by writing premium.

Short term otm credit spreads seem to work nicely too. I‘m also considering the statistical benefits of long term (Leap or near-leap) atm debit spreads.

No samefagging. I knew that it was gold back when it IPO'd two years ago. UIPath will be the same when it goes public.

Its pretty high but w consistent increasing divs and one of the best performers in real estate sector, consider $AMT, review their historical success and consistency

Attached: 11176382083_d6d3f05096_k.0[1].jpg (2048x1225, 576K)

Any good resources on writing covered calls intelligently?

WRITE BULL PUT SPREADS NIGGA

yes, buy QYLD and fogettaboutit

I'll just stick to my momentum trading around price action using the long options for the leverage.

If you own 100 QQQ you'll make a lot more doing it manually and reinvesting to buy more QQQ

My boss literally "invests" by looking at a chart of the price and deciding whether it's a "good" buy or not based on the market price and whether it looks like it's going up. No valuation involved otherwise.

How do brainlets like this even breathe

no you won't.

Buy a good stock, then write a call on it. It really is that simple. As long as your underlying doesn‘t shit the bed you‘re good.
>WRITE BULL PUT SPREADS NIGGA
Ahead of the Pack (tm).
Would you like to livetest a strategy for me then? Buy a $10 wide atm debit spread on Visa exp jan 17, 2020. Should be like 35% gains if u win.

Attached: F4DFBC17-9036-47FA-B726-445F0EACD7B1.png (750x1334, 158K)

Wait thats what I do
How did he steal my secret techniques

You don't think you can make an extra 10% writing calls yourself?
And QQQ beats QYLD in capital appreciation
How am I wrong?

What are his returns?

Sounds like a neato strat, if you're okay with a possible rando spike taking you out of 100 shares at some point

Attached: 09626405e624411e94d6adb02e1dffbe[1].png (370x360, 157K)

Not very good. Sometimes he gets lucky sometimes he doesn't (obviously). It's just such a brainlet way to look at investing i was dumbfounded

yes you will, the jew ETF manager steals his fee

One of Japans most well known and successful day traders, amassed billions in his pajamas at home

Attached: 102.jpg (1080x640, 170K)

tie up $1000 for 6 months? fuck that. I just made 40% on that $1000 in like 2 hours bro.

Based

50bps over the year vs. me being assed to write them, not to mention the fees to do so if you're not on robinhood. definitely not a "lot" more as the person i replied to originally indicated.

Based, but he only won because of a single fat finger trade some other firm made by accident - he was the first to scoop up the free win. Still pretty baller tho and he did have a decent track record before and after.
You dont have to ride out the whole term, could prolly cash out early af with Visa‘s growth.

Thanks

obviously some math genius who was too autistic to go work for a hedge fund

thanks man. and I sold at 104 then re-entered yesterday at 94.88

ooh you murdered it

also to answer your question about a target, i tend to scale off the price targets, since they never seem to be met upon announcement. Monday, price targets were roughly $111 by GS and it failed at 106. today they get bumped to $120, so i'm expecting failure around 111-115 that is if it can breach this 106 resistance

Anyone know what's up with AMRS?

looks like its in a distribution phase, try to accumulate under $3.50

lol no shit on my brother who took a 30K account to 3K or so. He bought several bio stocks at the top and bagheld, ALT, BPTH, PRPO, India Weed or whatever it went to otc markets, gambling addiction is so messed up, I got him help and hes getting better but god damn

Seriously get this

>And QQQ beats QYLD in capital appreciation
it looks that way because QYLD price reflects the underlying being called away when that happens. your QQQ's might look more valuable but in the case where you sell your calls for a loss, or have a chunk of your QQQ called away at a lower price, it'd be the same value in the end.

They're refusing to post their Q1 results. It could mean that they're bad and they're trying to come up with something to tell the investors, or they could be good and they're trying to come up with a complete picture of what to tell investors, or it could mean that accounting screwed the pooch again and they're redoing their numbers or it could mean that they just don't give a fuck anymore. Either way just hold, and buy the dip.

good goy, pay those fees instead of spending 5 minutes a month managing your investments

how do they calculate the boomer jones industrial average? Is it just the price of all the dow 30 stocks added together?

Ok. So let's use an example of what I just bought: PLUG. I bought it at an average of 2.67. What would I write a call for to come out ahead? Gonna read up on investopedia real quick to make sure I know what's what

that's some fascinating shit. definitely putting a pin in this one for next year

You're wrong

>not writing TQQQ calls instead

nah, i'm not. i'm never wrong.

Yeah, its shit

Also, peep $FRT. Don't know much about it, just that its a div aristocrat, rare small group that has increased its annual dividend for the past 25 years consistently (reliable) AND its annual yield is currently at 3.27%, pretty juicy REIT

Attached: s9bny6y4isf01[1].png (897x836, 255K)

you must not be intelligent

You will get far more for a TQQQ call than a QQQ one

Isn't XLK better than QQQ and QYLD? I know their exp ratio is lower than QQQ

Attached: e51009d08d6ad539e131ccb0aefa716b[1].png (383x452, 123K)

Reminder to buy NAKD, they're trying how best to spin the good financial news into hype for their company, that is why earnings was delayed
>Source: sleeping with the CEO

>So let‘s use an example of what I just bought: PLUG.
Step 1 was buying a good stock, not memeshit lmao. You wanna look for stuff that‘s somewhat volatile and has good option‘s liquidity, with a lot of strikes and expiries available. Like AMD, SBUX, Cloud shit, Tech sector, Spy etfs, Foodchads, that kinda stuff that everybody‘s trading all the time. You need good premiums to make it worth while, like, bare minimum premiums would be something like ford in 2-3 weeks.

Shopping centers eh? I'm thinking about trying to hop on this "opportunity zone" wave (investing in low-income areas with juicy capital gains tax relief) one way or another

yeah it makes up like 70% of my portfolio right now user

Learn about rebalancing portfolios. The basic idea is this:
>pick a ratio of socks/bonds/crypto
>every year at the start of the year, sell and buy to meet that ratio

For example, let's say you want 50/25/25. You start with $1000: $500 in stocks, $250 in bonds, and $250 in crypto. This exposes you to a good amount of risk for a young person (21-35).

Now, it's been a year, and stocks have boomed, bonds have stayed the same, and crypto tanked. Now, you have $750 in stocks, $250 in bonds, and $150 in crypto.

If you do nothing, the next stock bust will wipe out your gains, and you won't benefit from the crypto & bond booms that follow. So, rebalance.

Remember, you want 50/25/25. You have more than $1000, now, so leave $575 in stocks, move $37 to bonds, and move $138 into crypto.

Now, you have $575 in stocks, $287 in bonds, and $288 in crypto. When the bust/boom cycle switches over, you're positioned to gain more.

>But what if stocks still go up, and crypto keeps going down?
You'll still make money. You have 50% of your potfolio in stocks.

>If I know the boom/bust is about to switch, why wouldn't I move all my money into one type of asset?
Nobody knows when the boom/bust cycle changes over. Balancing just makes you ready when it does.

>This sounds like a lot of math.
It's 10 minutes with a calculator, once a year. Git gud.

>I'm still not sold.
Pick up "The Elements of Investing." It explains rebalancing in more detail.

Attached: 1544029605411.jpg (443x455, 96K)

QQQX > QYLD

xlk and qqq are similar but track different indices. qyld writes calls so it's not really the same type of index product.

I just want to remind everybody: Timing the market > time in the market!