I am only a good manager to people who have potential to be good managers themselves.. Anybody can relate ?

I am only a good manager to people who have potential to be good managers themselves.. Anybody can relate ?

To clarify, I am in a start up, started the first employee and I realize I have very little patience with people who are stupid or lazy. This leads to some reluctance from them to work for me.

On the other hand, I am really good at motivating, pushing and improving people who want to improve.

I guess I should also precise that I am very much difficult to deal with for some time of personalities ; very blunt and with short temper. I try to improve on that, but only outbursts seem to get results with some people.

Attached: nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif (480x600, 85K)

>I am really good at motivating, pushing and improving people

Attached: 1559674477447.jpg (512x564, 41K)

It's nowhere near a brag, I did manage to create a core of good employees and somewhat of a company structure.

On the other hand, I am alienating a big part of the new recruits, and they are somewhat forming an opposing clan, won't listen when I explain basic stuff or remind them of it (they have no experience in our business, all new hire fresh out of nowhere) and get surprised and complain when I call them out on it a bit more aggresively.

I honestly don't know what to do. My direction agrees with me, but they just step in to say "do this" and it comes full circle on another issue.

I am reallyy runing out of solutions except stop caring, which is not an option.

My Bro ENTJ

this actually fits really fucking well.

A quick google search says that faking a bit of the sensibility side works, which makes sense, but from my experience, they just take it not seriously enough. Just bad employees, I guess, unfortunately, I have no control over HR.

Maybe my faking was not so good however, since my personality shows up quite a bit outside of strickly work things, like lunch discussion, negociation, etc...

Still looking for an advice that worked for you if you have one, I don't see how I can get out of this unless we hire middle management or replace the cheap labour desu

You need a layer of administration between you and the grunts. Your job is to be the motivating leader figure. Pay someone 90k a year to be the asshole for you. Someone needs the run a hardline when it comes to adhering to internal processes and that person is not typically well-liked. You won't be able to fill both roles well and being well liked is an important part of being able to implement new strategies in the company, even your own company.

>Your job is to be the motivating leader figure. Pay someone 90k a year to be the asshole for you
Well I guess that's the thing, it's not my company, I am the asshole. The thing is, when we were small, it was easy to have an hand on everyone, now not so much.

I am still very much involved on a business development side, because I know my bosses well. But they are a bit overwhelmed by the growth of the company, and I am not officially over people (I mean not officially manager, I am over in anyother way possible ; shares, bonuses, salary etc...), which I guess is a big issue. They just expect me to be because I know better.

To resume, on top of being the cunt of the office (but celebrated results wise), I have no real acknowlegment of authority, which hurts me in the process, even if they know we both win by them making 5 minutes of efforts.

I guess the problem is identified at this point.

Yes, you have delusions of grandeur when in reality you’re just wagie staff. Get back to work.

>when in reality you’re just wagie staff
Still making a lot more than anything you'll win in crypto lifetime.

If you have no added value to bring, just fuck off.

Attached: 1489785964533.jpg (1152x2048, 206K)

Sorry if the truth hurts kid. Nothing personal.

You sound like you suck, just work on that

how the fuck are you posting under mi Id ?

Anyway, if you think being an employee is so bad you're retarded.

I generate a ton of money and get scraps, that may be true to some extent, but I came from poker before SEO/SEA, no XP, just myself and later on help with cash flow for shares. Negociated a good deal

In the meantime, mean growth, going from 3 country to twelve in 6 months.

I am growing with it now, what about you ?

Forget about the id thing I'm obviously retarded

Attached: 1493723588888.jpg (320x470, 33K)

How can I subscribe to your blog?

>what about you ?
I see you have a lot of judgments, not so much in terms of contributions, and no achievements to put forward.

Best of luck,even though I am sure you're doing great and going places

Attached: 1489189900969.jpg (1200x803, 165K)

so you're a shit manager, and can only "manage" people who manage themselves /thread.

I only can bring them faster to the place they want to be, so I guess you're right to an extent.

But they also follow the formulas I give them to at a t, they do not seek new opportunites efficiently enough or dectect patterns. At least for now.

Not that I really want them to, that would be some serious concurence. They communicate better with the newer arrivals, since the pressure is different. But that's also because they do not have to control what they do.

Just talking about the ones I can mange I realize, and that's why I added the to an extent thing.

I guess I am just not a good manager. Looking back on it, all the good managers I know behave very differently, more like a primary school teacher. I just cannot do that.

>I am really good at motivating, pushing and improving people

Attached: ef1.gif (359x371, 421K)

i've got 9 years as a middle manager. saying he's a shit manager isn't the right approach. saying that some people can be managed, and some have to be bossed, is a better approach.

there's literally nobody under me that wants to be lead. i have to push, pull, yell, and use pretty much every tactic that borders on being called into HR for abuse to get work out of my subhuman apes. bossing is the only thing they understand.

a long time ago i decided i didn't care anymore and that if i wanted it done right i'd just do it myself. while there is a time and place for this concept, it's not going to grow you as a manager. i have to constantly make myself back out and supervise/manage the employees instead of getting in there and doing it myself. this is the only way i've actually grown as a manager instead of just being a really expensive worker. the easier you can turn on and off your 'give a damn' switch, the better. as a manager, everybody is looking for an opportunity to throw you under the bus and look the other way. it's your job to find creative ways to herd your cattle into the slaughterhouse called doing their job.

my main complication is that my boss won't fire any of them and I have very limited methods of cutting their hours. cutting their paycheck is the only real way to get employees to do what they should do.

anyway good luck OP, remember every situation is different and there is no one size fits all solution for managing. it's dynamic as fuck. as with most things in life, the best way to win is to simply outlast everybody else.

So you are an asshole and nobody wants to work for you? Good luck with your startup.

What do you manage? a McDonald's?

no lol. it's a mix of manufacturing/commercial print/warehouse/logistics/machine shop/trucking etc.

back when we had temps it was the fucking worst. turnover is insane. i'd go through hundreds a year. they're all the fucking same. i'm almost grateful for the continuous budget cuts, the jobs we never replaced, and the company buy out that i don't have to deal with temps anymore.

I'm making fun of him for posting a blog on 4channel.org, not giving him advice faggot

Sounds like you're an untalented manager coming up with weird elaborate cope

and that's why everybody thinks Jow Forums is a joke.

I'm a """manager""" (I constantly deny it) at a pizzeria and on some days I do really good. Other days, with other people working, I just shut down and say nothing to nobody. Some of these motherfuckers need a daddy, not a manager, and I have nothing to say to them and I make that known to my boss. And I also make it known that I blame him because he's "old school" and his company isn't manageable.

I used to let them convince me I wasn't a good manager, but they're welcome to fucking demote me, replace me, whatever.. but they won't do that cause they're making money and they're taking 15+ vacations a year

and so time ticks on and someday soon I think I'll be ready to gtfo and start something up myself

Of course you think your good at motivating motivated employees you ignorant fuck. You are a shitty manager and should serious consider leaving your career for cuckeree