Should I pay off my mortgage?

I have 93k left on my mortgage and I just hit that much saved up on my bank savings account. I have always though about whether to pay off my mortgage when I got to that amount.

I bought the house in 2014 on a 15 year loan at 3.5% interest and I have 10 years left if I don't decide to pay it off.

I have zero debt aside from the mortgage and besides the savings account, I have my 401k.

If I pay off the house, I'll be left with under 2k in the bank, but I have my 401k to fall back on in case of emergency.

Should I pay off my home? I figure I pay it off and maximize the amount I can put into my 401k every paycheck.

Attached: ASD231231a.jpg (600x693, 49K)

nah, put it to work elsewhere

>posting this stupid boomer shit
THIS IS A FUCKING CRYPTO GAMBLING BOARD YOU NORMIE GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 3452346734573563.jpg (311x362, 30K)

I want to be bullied by cute Asian girls in short skirts

>I want to be bullied by cute Asian girls in short skirts
I want to be a cute Asian girl in a short skirt

God I wish that was me

Yes. Even just psychologically it's worth it.

Is this a joke?

You've been told countless times to sink that shit into criptoe for a 3x gain this year.

Are you dense?

Attached: 1520441035288.png (784x768, 26K)

>Girl
user, I...

))))

>having a mortgage in 2019
not gonna make it

Paying off your mtg is one of the biggest memes out there. If you can't figure out a way to put the money to work that beats your interest rate then you need to be hospitalised.

Mortgages are pretty much the best and lowest-rate loans you can ever get, they're fucking amazing and you should keep them maxed out as fuck, if you have any other investment sense.

What good fortune that you're aware of crypto, eh?

this

And you get to write off the interest for taxes in burgerland

Not anymore. If you're not deducting anything else major, you stick with the standard deduction.

Boomers ruined e v e r y t h i n g,

Attached: 4fcdfb111346f6f6c036efe1ac276250.jpg (564x647, 57K)

You could put those 93k to work for you by investing in some quality shitcoins. Instead you are stuck paying a house (((mortgage))) off, and then will be stuck with the property tax bill for life. Its almost as if houses can barely follow inflation as a hedge for your money.

Dont worry user, only 40 more years and well be free of 90 percent of the boomer generation.

If the increase in the standard deduction is so much that it's no longer worth it for you to itemize, then that's a GOOD thing for you. That means that you are able to decuct more from your taxable income then before. If you went back to the old standard deduction amounts, then you would have to do a lot more paperwork just to save less money than you're saving now.

quiet, zoomie. eat your tide pods.

pay it off if your deductions for 2019 aren't already maxed out. Best part interest is for taxes. You'll gonna be rich af with all mortgage payments going to savings / new investments soon tho. mirin

> reddit spacing
> not understanding the concept of leveraging real estate at low interest to put your capital to better use
> not keeping your property in an LLC
> sacrificing that sweet mortgage interest expense deduction
> sacrificing the depreciation of the real estate's structure component
GTFO MY BIZ FAGGOT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1348336793007s.jpg (229x250, 9K)

OP you should follow dave ramsey plan and set aside 3-6 months worth of expenses as a true emergency fund, then pay the rest of it on the mortgage. then pay off your mortgage as fast as possible.

your 401k is NOT an emergency fund and should never be treated like it. it's a 401k for a reason, not a savings account.

Attached: dick rotors.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>please save me from the scary liberals who have different opinions than I
Need a safe space, puss puss?

I'd keep 1 yr expenses in a HYSA, and then start dumping the rest into the premium. Especially if you have a decent salary/income.

Attached: 1559534917641.jpg (564x600, 46K)

Kek, kill yourself OP.

This 100%. I want my mortgage paid off so bad because then I can make the riskiest trades ever and know that I am ultimately fine because my biggest expense is taken care of for the rest of my life

You are stuck with the property tax bill either way whether you pay it off or not dude, plus tax is usually only like 3k a year on a nice house anyway assuming you don't live in a meme state like California

You can in LeafLand as well. Just have to take a couple of extra steps

Finally someone with sense. Zoomers would honestly rather have meme tokens instead of physical property and a guaranteed place of living for the rest of their life. Get your house paid off and your whole paycheck is yours to do whatever you want with, that's truly making it

>I want to be a cute Asian girl in a short skirt
I want to be a short skirt on a cute Asian girl

the costs of holding 1 property in a LLC doesnt make sense