How the fuck am I supposed to get a job when every other company on LinkedIn is a scam?

>recent college grad in communications
>decent portfolio and resume
>they're not perfect but not bad. had a small internship and a good award for my work
wtf? I just want to stop doing manual labor so I don't shorten my joints' lives by 20 years.

Attached: 1549232347245.jpg (550x550, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=_4OuAAM4v_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

indeed.com/
indeed also has an app

Attached: 0000.jpg (2320x3088, 480K)

>communications
Should’ve just gotten a job at a warehouse straight out of high school, you’d have the same skills but no debt and 4 years job xp

I actually don't have any debt. That being said, yes, communications was a mistake. I'm trying to consider what my options are. I'm 24.

LinkedIn is for faggots like facebook

Employers dont really care, I heard that LinkedIn is already dying

if an employer asks me I'm just upfront and say I don't use any social media, if I don't get the job because I don't have a faggot grin online then eat shit

>communications

Attached: rUCk9kqTURBXy9iMzMwMzFmOGVmYjIxNmU3YmRkOGQwODMwMzYzZWI1Yy5qcGVnkpUDBQDNAwLNAbGTBc0DFM0BvIGhMAE.jpg (788x444, 97K)

If it gets TOO difficult the honest way, then you may have to consider "strategically misrepresenting your past professional and/or academic experience". If the interviewer starts asking too many questions about your resume's inconsistencies, just remember the magic words:
>"Let's circle back to that item later, it seems out of scope"
or
>"We can touch base during tomorrow's standup, give you some time to get the lay of the land"
...and that's when you hit them with the smile and a firm handshake - followed by "Monday at 9, right? I'll have those reports on your desk first thing in the morning". Before he's able to respond, put your finger up to your ear and start [loudly] talking to your bluetooth while exiting room

go to an online law school and get a jd. make your own firm doing trusts

So, during your entire four year tenure at college., what the fuck made you think that majoring in >communications was the way to go?

join the signal corps

Angel
Indeed
Dice

dude, weed

I was a music major for three and a half years. The school fucked up my credits so I wouldn't graduate on time. I switched to visual communications because it was the quickest way to graduate with a degree that MAY land me a job. The whole process took five and a half years but I was on scholarship so no debt. It sucks because during my last semester I took a business course that I really enjoyed and found that that may well be what I'm meant to do. I was accepted into my state's largest entrepreneurial incubator but couldn't take the offer. Now I'm stuck with no way to branch into the business world and no idea how to apply for careers in the field I actually studied. Frankly, I'm stuck.

what's a jd
hey I'm retarded but still relatively young

Disgusting, fuck this ponzi scheme. They got me too

I only finished college so I wouldn't be a shame to my parents. I knew it was a dumb move but what am I supposed to do? Finish with a fucking music degree at the same time? Restart completely and go into business or STEM?

>I'm trying to consider what my options are. I'm 24.
You've got plenty of time, granted you focus in the right area. You can make up for having a meme degree pretty quickly. I graduated with a BA in Art, and ended up a network engineer.
I quickly found out the grind at an advertising company is sweatshop tier, and that you can get certs for a lot of things in your spare time for a lot less than a meme degree.
If I knew then what I know now, I would have just studied for certs and gotten like 3-4 of them shortly after high school, then taken some contract work or even internships to get experience. I started a bit late and missed out on some better financial opportunities for sure. It took roughly 6 years to get my shit together after college. Don't fuck around for too long user. The sooner you get motivated, the better off you'll be.

thank you for the real advice and the encouraging life experience. I'm still motivated. Hard to keep the energy with the warehouse gig I'm rocking. What kind of certs are you talking about? How do I know if they're accredited?

>what I'm meant to do
Nobody is "meant to do" any of this shit. The sooner you get over that, the sooner you can move on with actually enjoying life. I'm a musician too, was pretty serious and active for years with it too, so I can relate. Try not to mix biz with pleasure though, it doesn't work. There is no reason you can't keep doing music pretty seriously while also doing something else career wise.

I dropped out with 3 classes left because my parents lied about paying my tuition. My fault for not checking, I didn't expect them to do that however. I asked them to let me take a semester to save and help pay, allowing them to call the shots since they were paying. This actually happened 5 separate times, each time i lost my classes and had to switch majors five fucking times. Took a job as an IT Tech working 18-32 hour days at times. I craved death, but felt it was all I deserved.
Now? Moving through the ranks in my field and working in development like I had wanted to since I was maybe 8. Paying for my little brother's education with my small starting salary because he can't handle the manipulation I endured. He tries to appreciate the gesture but is genuinely too stupid at times. I havent moved out yet because of the expenses.
I don't have an easy answer. I got scammed by a University that wouldn't accomodate my morbidly fucked situation when I asked for help. The path to my dream job was so ball breaking that I can't get excited about it. I get asked daily when I'm going to finish despite it not being my choice. My parents hemmoraged money from extended family to fund these horseshit classes I got forced into on each major change and now they are coming to me for it. My best friend/little brother is turning into a normie fraternity fag. I'm proud of his grades but it's like losing a son in many ways.
I actually feel happy sometimes now, knowing I'm strong enough to have my own back. That said, I still welcome a bloody fucking death most days.
Work harder than you think you can at whatever job is slightly interesting to you. You'll land where you want to. People, organizations, systems may disappoint you to near suicide, but you can cope; if you stay disappointed in yourself, you will not overcome this. Sorry for the blog post fren but hopefully this helped both of us

It really is. The whole time youre in high school they drill into you constantly how if you dont go to college you will be a failure and have to work at McDonalds. So here I am (and a couple of my friends that graduated with non-stem degres) and none of us have a job that has anything to do with the degrees we got and the pay is trash. Then my pals that skipped college and went straight to work doing construction, pipelining, or a trade like welding are making 75k a year. Its bullshit how these schools fucking trick our young impressionable minds.

>It really is. The whole time youre in high school they drill into you constantly how if you dont go to college you will be a failure and have to work at McDonalds.
Pearson/Common Core
>So here I am (and a couple of my friends that graduated with non-stem degres) and none of us have a job that has anything to do with the degrees we got and the pay is trash.
They make money on boxing you in so that you come back or blame the scapegoat of the month as chosen by donors & admins.
>Then my pals that skipped college and went straight to work doing construction, pipelining, or a trade like welding are making 75k a year. Its bullshit how these schools fucking trick our young impressionable minds.
Those jobs suck if you don't like them, but yes they should be presented as options absolutely. The biggest disservice here is that advanced students are pushed into stem & scholarships at 13-14. Our smartest endure the most brainwashing in the current system and those that do not succumb are discarded & abused by the University system. You should read up on Tavistock. Watch how quick this thread gets deleted now btw.

>What kind of certs are you talking about? How do I know if they're accredited?
There are loads of them for IT and other technical fields. Find something you're interested in, then look at job postings. See what employers are specifically asking for the most, then go and get what they're asking for (ie. network engineer > CCNA). Some certs are pretty trivial and worthless, like A+ for IT. Others can take months to study for and get, and may not even seem relevant anymore, like CCNA. Don't bother asking why, just get what they're looking for.
The reality is that sometimes employers don't even know what they're asking for, and the cert is the only guaranteed BS test to weed out retarded candidates. I have been told this directly by the guys running some of the tech contracting firms I've worked at. This is why after your basic interview, you'll always interview with a project/group leader that will grill you on the technical side, or they'll give you a programming test or whatnot.
TL;DR - getting certs usually isn't a waste of time

Get any reputable wireless and 5g certs you can, thank me in 6 years

Unironically this. LinkedIn is for Normans and onions bois

I don't understand how anyone has a job at this point. What is there to do that hasn't become automated or outsourced? The only thing I can think of are doctors, teachers, policeman, and that's about it.

My problem with your shill campaigns, mr yang, is not with your platform. You are starting important discussions on the campaign trail. Your astroturfers are visibly working against you by telling everyone to just give up. Check your circle for snakes and best of luck to you.

I'm still doing music. And at the time I believed I needed a degree because that was what I was "meant to do." Midway through I just gritted my teeth and finished out of gratitude for what my parents have done for me. As great as they are they aren't supportive nor do they have foresight nor patience. Dropping out midway would cause them unneeded anxiety and embarrassment. NOW I am free to do whatever. As I said before I'm still doing music. I actually have a big performance at the end of the month. I appreciate the words of wisdom. What is your degree/career?
I'm happy you found the way man and don't mind the blog post at all.
>Took a job as an IT Tech
you can just do this?
>I get asked daily when I'm going to finish
that was what I was trying to avoid. carry on user

Welding will fuck you up long term. The chemicals are unavoidable. We grew up at the tail end of the mass realization that college is a scam
how do I know what's reputable?
thanks user. I'll look into it

>how do I know what's reputable?
Job listings mentioning the cert. Find one you like,then search for listings mentioning it.
>I'm happy you found the way man and don't mind the blog post at all.
Thanks, ive never discussed that in depth before. Shit is freeing. Appreciate the acknowledgement, seriously.
>>Took a job as an IT Tech
>you can just do this?
Yes. Apprenticing low-voltage techs/electricians are another way to break in. If you want to pay for business insurance, start with some basic jobs on fieldnation or workmarket. Know basic networking, anything you can learn in a day, start small and learn as you go. I dont recommend doing this solo, but also tread lightly with unions depending on your area or you'll get stuck. You can try jumping right to helpdesk, but may get lost in the mix. Knowing infrastructure is a nice skill that will help you many times later on.
>>I get asked daily when I'm going to finish
>that was what I was trying to avoid. carry on user
My response is "when there is fiscal incentive for me to do so I will". That sucked to get over. My parents had made me call everyone they borrrowed money from when i left to tell then my 'return plan'

>Thanks, ive never discussed that in depth before. Shit is freeing. Appreciate the acknowledgement, seriously.
Yea dude no problem. It's important to voice that somewhere. We're helping each other in various ways, right?
>I dont recommend doing this solo
How else am I supposed to do it?
>but also tread lightly with unions depending on your area or you'll get stuck.
I'm in Chicago. The unions are probably ass
>Knowing infrastructure is a nice skill that will help you many times later on
are you speaking about how the company I'm working for is organized or is this a specific skill to IT?
>My response is "when there is fiscal incentive for me to do so I will". That sucked to get over. My parents had made me call everyone they borrrowed money from when i left to tell then my 'return plan'
I understand and that must've sucked. I should've been more clear that I meant that I didn't want my parents to have to go through that line of questioning from their own respective networks of people.

juris doctorate. lawyer. a lot of money can be made with injury law. easy entrepreneurship and job security imo

I have actually considered law school. I'm afraid I don't have the grades for it but I don't think I would test poorly.
>easy entrepreneurship
how so? I've heard the opposite when going into law

getting a partner job is reserved for t13 schools and diversity hires which nets 200k and doctor salaries. if a lawyer goes into his own practice they can make 50k-unlimited dependent on their specialty. many people need trusts and there are plenty of jobs that need lawyers. insurance law, employment law , real estate law you name it. you can make 50k in one court case with 4 months work as an entrepreneur but maybe you wont find work for the next 8 months. still pretty comfy if you ask me. it gives you the power to sue, essentially. there are online jd schools in california that are cheap and only require a degree. like 4k a year for 3 years cheap. you gotta pass the bar tho and its not easy

youtube.com/watch?v=_4OuAAM4v_Y

Attached: 2D4A8153-CEE9-454A-85E7-414324030EE2.jpg (1280x1703, 781K)

Koakuma kunny*

*Shouldn't you be working for the local radio or a marketing firm or some shit? How did you got an internship and didn't ended up working on that company or at least a similar one?
But hey, at least you got a Bachelor's.

Attached: __koakuma_touhou_drawn_by_yumi_careca398__ccafc269e8e771f9405f3789f32b878d.jpg (1280x786, 77K)

I bullshit to everyone that I used to be addicted to social media and try to stay away altogether, then proceed to talk about hiring a third-worlder off Fiver to manage my presence for me but it not working out. Or getting misty-eyed boomer mode about Myspace. Whichever looks like it'll get over more.

I did vis comm too OP. Graduated at the height of the recession. Wondered if I'd made a mistake. I ended up doing a year of unpaid internships in several places, started freelancing on the side and built a network of start-up clients who would pass on my name, applied for a junior in-house position in a random international company designing boring crap like their annual reports and business cards, then eventually got a job in an agency where I'm doing fun stuff and have had several promotions.
What I'm saying is it takes a lot of miserable work to build an impressive portfolio, you need to have three portfolios worth of excellent work to tailor it for each employer you're applying for. It's an extremely tough field to get your foot on the ladder, but once you're on the bottom rung climbing is steady.

Anybody here work in IT? There are constant junior IT job postings in my city, and I think it's something I'd like to go for. What online courses would you anons recommend for certification? Udemy is cheapish, but I assume it doesn't look to good on a resume. Thanks in advance. Help me get out of customer service hell

Attached: 1551601251084.jpg (1024x673, 92K)