Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener (the tradingview screener is also good)
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

for non-bulls: suicideencouragement.org

last time on smg

Attached: Candy-Corn-Coated-Ghost-Peeps.jpg (562x393, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ
blog.feedspot.com/canadian_dividend_blogs/
pastebin.com/6smJMEJP
global.vanguard.com/portal/site/home
investopedia.com/terms/m/mutualfund.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
>pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ
How does this not have an entry for "leverage"?

Should I load up on Google stocks because of the LINK partnership?

Threadly reminder that chili dogs are your fren

Attached: 63cefd6580d9284a763080165d2d4dcba7d0975dr1-576-1024v2_uhq[1].jpg (576x1024, 56K)

Dark Pools are opaque stock trading platforms operated by the largest Wall Street banks and other firms. They are, effectively, stock exchanges but have been given exemptions by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) from having to register as a stock exchange or to submit to more rigorous oversight by the SEC.

The rationale for the existence of Dark Pools owned by the mega banks has escaped the public since these are the same banks that are serially fined for abusing the public’s trust and rigging other markets like foreign exchange, Libor, and the Nasdaq stock market in the 1990s. Their conduct was so bad in the Nasdaq matter that they were forced to submit to having their trading phone calls taped and reviewed by regulators.

Dark Pools are referred to as “unlit” markets because the public can see very little about what is going on. In a speech delivered by Brett Redfearn, SEC Director of the Division of Trading and Markets on June 3 of last year, he said that dark pools “in aggregate,” are responsible for “14 percent of listed equity volume.” That figure does not include over-the-counter stocks. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal using data from the Tabb Group, “the share of U.S. stock trades executed on dark pools and other off-exchange trading venues rose to 38.6 percent in April, the highest level in more than a year,” which was “up from 34.7 percent in December.”

Attached: 1535730960719.png (1050x586, 211K)

Remember when people got laughed at for fomoing into AMD at $14? I remember.

Attached: 1517327145491.png (1102x679, 256K)

i member

Where is all of this volatility coming from? I'm getting fucked like a fridge over here.

This is the reddest day I've had so far since starting trading stocks

your mom

Yeah, I mentioned I'm listening to the audible book Dark Pools atm in another thread. Learning about their history is pretty interesting.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends are your fren.jpg (423x245, 21K)

It’s running right now at 288.88

the face melting hour of power rally can start now....

Recommendations for Canadian divvie stocks? I was thinking 50/50 into VDY and XDIV ETFs.

based and divvypilled

i don't have any because I'm US but here's a list of some canadian dividend blogs:

blog.feedspot.com/canadian_dividend_blogs/

SNC.TO

KYS

reminder that companies only pay a dividend if they can't use that money to continue growing

aka they may not exist in the next 20 years

the crab is heading down the conveyor belt to the saw and a Bull will emerge from the shell.

Imagine being this wrong.

It's going to crab until the 2020 election.

/smg/ Telegram channel (pastebinned to evade spam filter) pastebin.com/6smJMEJP

you really think companies like walmart won't be raped by amazon in the next 20 years?

When did you start, yesterday?

You really think companies like Amazon won't be raped by anti-trust litigation and will still be around in 20 years?

yes, because the Jews won't let Amazon get busted up. they have too much money in the system

join'd my fellow fed

Attached: 1547157470114.png (275x183, 78K)

theres room on this planet for both amazon and walmart to exist

>one company using technology to revolutionize logistics and purchasing goods
>one company just exists, for now

>unironically buying stocks

dude Chainlink is basically gonna delete the stockmarket

Confirmed for not knowing shit about Walmart.

Savage Isaac

i don't get index funds' way of working. what does it mean to ''mimic'' the market? is it that each time something is bought that the fund will buy it too?

You think bigbox retail is the only thing that pays a dividend?

You think Cisco won't be around in 20 years? You're stupid.

3 weeks ago

anyone else make some money off the pop in oil?

Or am I the only commodity trader on Jow Forums

Attached: 1533174532213.png (660x715, 897K)

IRC or nothing for me :/

I didn't know Walmart owns a big stake in jd.com until today

yes. there are some minor mechanical things the funds to do make re-balancing and buys/sells more efficient, but you don't need to know about those.
Just pay attention to the fee that the fund is charging and get the lowest fees possible :)

everyone knows that growth stocks pay more over time than dividend stocks, any growth ETF will beat a dividend ETF in any 20 year period

its your money, not mine

Why should anyone buy Chainlink? Isn't it just the latest pump and dump? Virtually all crypto trading is manipulated, especially low vol shitcoins

Get a load of this retard.

Attached: 1252200367175.jpg (793x536, 56K)

>get home from work
>lets see how smg frens are doing
>candycorn edition AGAIN
AUGHGGHHGGH

Attached: candy corn edition AGAIN.jpg (1100x1636, 549K)

heard a lot of good things about vtsax aka vanguard. is it really an index fund or an ETF?

ok, i'll buy amazon and google and you can buy walmart and cisco, we'll see who has more money in 20 years.

also, stop using ad hominem arguments when your going to lose, kid

dont you guys like sweet candycorn

Attached: x01.jpg (400x300, 24K)

>vtsax
VTSAX is an mutual fund and an index fund
VTI is basically the same thing, it is an ETF and an index fund

(There is always some SPICY discussion in these threads whenever people bring up index funds, mutual funds, and ETFs all at the same time. lol)

CMG puts are for real

can i take part on the american stock market living in europe? will the fees be higher for this?

These boomers keep trying to keep AMD down and it's pissing me off. They're going to be sorry when we hit $50 EOY.

yeah. i remember asking about index funds and etfs and it was fucking chaotic indeed.

i do understand that it's an index fund because it indexes the market aka it copies what it's doing.

but why is it a mutual fund too? is it because people sign a contract that says that if you leave X money for Y time they'll give you more after that time?

Idiot moving the goalposts lmao.

Notice how it went from "they won't exist" to "hurrr durrrr they mayk most munny!".

global.vanguard.com/portal/site/home dunno about higher fees, but vanguard is legit

You know instead of sitting here bitching about weather or not Walmart is going to make money we should be collaborating to get some fucking micro-cap shit stocks product to be featured in some viral zoomer meme shit like the fucking tide pod challenge, and make a fuck load of money when their shit spikes.

DAMN, anyone else see that FATTY last minute candle

might as well just read about it a bit.

investopedia.com/terms/m/mutualfund.asp

an index fund is just a sub-type of a mutual fund (but index funds could also be ETFs)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I don't know if you can get vanguard in Europe and buy VTSAX but you should be able to buy VTI. The specific definitions of mutual funds and ETFs aren't really essential to know if you just want to buy them to save for retirement. At the same time, I would advise reading about them to be informed.

value stocks have sucked since the 2008 crisis, but that doesn't mean they will forever. investor interest in value vs. growth ebbs and flows.

Attached: 1546893654544.png (797x536, 216K)

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm up .19%, slightly undeiperforming spy still, doesn't really matter as it's yet another nothing day with no trades. On the plus side my BWL/A is now strongly profitable, all 4 shares of it. How do I go about selling it?

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

Attached: Guild Member Can't Get Enough Spice.jpg (231x231, 14K)

That BIG GREEN DICK at the end.

Attached: greeeeeeeen.jpg (646x700, 150K)

How the fuck did FVRR jump so high? Do these people not research what they're buying?

$SQ call spread was a decent play. I'm up 1.77%. Probably keep it fairly low-key tomorrow.

friday looking good already

Attached: 1543401054283.jpg (541x521, 75K)

what is VTI? it's a fucking pity that i can't buy vstax. i thought there'd be a way online to take part on american economics. i guess not everything is connected

I'm +.22%... not going to fucking make it.

Nope, it’s FOMO after BYND and that cloud shit. Low float set to run.
Disclosure: I’m swinging this shit.

at the end of the day, i'll be rich and you'll be poor. and you'll look back on this day and remember how your pride cost you thousands of dollars

+0.91%

It's been a weird month for me
But I think I'm starting to stabilize a bit
like, in my mind
I just need to be smart, not make dumb decisions that I KNOW are dumb, and perform.

I will buy more CMG puts tomorrow, this one is sure for me

ALSO I was able to buy my VRUS! it was down all day. But at least I could buy it ;)

VTI is like the same thing. just google it. you should be able to buy some sort of low fee S&P exposure from a European broker
You should move to America ;)

Attached: 2019cuplords.png (1280x1023, 88K)

If you tilt your head to one side does your brain roll out of your ear?

Based

Up 1.15%. Any day that's not a red day is a-okay with me.

Attached: 1523668908326.jpg (655x527, 59K)

Check the tax implications, I think you might have to fill out a W8-BEN form

if you aren't going to provide proof of your side of the arguement, I reccomend you stop doing ad hominem attacks

up 8% this month so far.
a hero market bought into bwl.a today, Ill never forget his anonomys face
>How do I go about selling it?
You market sell for 16

Attached: d8um4xt-55c41f02-0246-4111-88c3-2d5ef1850e1c.png (750x750, 472K)

I hope you're right.

You're going to need the money for the brain transplants they'll have in the future.

but isn't VTI an ETF compared to VSTAX being an index fund? i've read that index funds are a much better option than ETFs specially long-term

what's that? searched it and understand nothing

Attached: 1252357485581.jpg (450x450, 52K)

Up 0.9%
Still not sure if touching top of crab market cycle or about to begin going up

Attached: Screenshot_20190613-161431.png (1440x2960, 184K)

VTI is am etf based on the exact same thing as vtsax. So holding it long term is the same. And actually better because VTI has a lower expense now. Only 0.03 to vtsax 0.04

I think I'm going to scoop up some shares of that titty bar company. RICK looks like its at a great price for accumulation.

Up 0.31% today, pretty flat and boring desu. Why do divvy stocks have to be so slow I just wanna retire already...

Attached: F57103F9-6B2D-4B24-8CBF-177BAAE92B9C.png (750x1334, 167K)

yo I already have been buying RICK for a while now
had to average down into whatever it's doing now. Wish I had sold when ti was 26, but W/E

literally can't go tits up
great investment

thanks, im glad we've come to an agreement

>VTI is an etf based on the exact same thing as vtsax

but vtsax is an index fund right? i'm asking dumb af questions and thank you for answering

plus, why can vti be bought in europe but not vtsax?

Hooters waitresses get free gym and tanning membership at local gym and/or tanning salon
And their spicy garlic sauce is the best

Idk what these mean for stock though

Oh so you've come around to how fucking dumb you are?

>I just wanna retire already...
same. 3 more years

Attached: 1535667201220.png (272x512, 91K)

Pretty gay day.

i would consider myself to be rather intelligent (took an online IQ test, got 130)

also, my investments in cloud stocks are nearly up 25% in the last three months.

Vtsax is the index fund version. VTI is an etf based on the same holdings as vtsax. They are almost entirely identical.

VTI will update it's price moment to moment during the day to potentially time the market if you wish. I don't know why only VTI would be available but it's better anyway.

Up 1.51% again. I literally cannot hold all these gains.

Attached: yike.png (400x225, 35K)

No one look at semis. Especially AVGO.

RIP semiconductors

I think some user pointed out VTI has a lower expense ratio, so you should usually do VTI. The only downside I could see is that you could enter in at a shitty price above NAV since it is an etf, not like that matters on time scales after 4-6 months though.

ok, so vti buys the same things as vtsax. but why update its price? doesn't the market, not the company itself change the price?

what's NAV? why wouldn't that matter after months?

unless you plan on retiring in the next 5 months and need to preserve capital I reccomend you buy a cloud ETF

remember that Amazon investors who bought in during the top of the dot com bubble still 20x their money in 20 years

Proposal to add the following stocks to the OP of the thread when created, I recommend everyone hold these stocks in at least 50% of their portfolio:

T
LCI
GALT
AMD
VRUS
NAKD

Down 5.7% for the day. So, uh, ouch.

NAV = Net asset value. VTSAX is a real fund, VTI just tracks it. You can buy shares of VTI, you don‘t (by definition) buy shares of VTSAX. VTI can therefore adjust in price due to supply and demand. It‘s possible to actually overpay/underpay for VTI more than what the Vtsax fund is worth as a result.

should i gamble my life savings on options or what