Chainlink economics

So guys I was just scrolling down my $400K crypto portfolio and realized I have a chainlink position there of about 5K link (totally forgot about it).

I’m thinking about selling some more $50,000 of some other crypto and put it into link, however I want to understand first the economics of chainlink.

1. Supply is fixed 1 Billion tokens right?

2. Are tokens burned somehow or something?

3. Is the protocol built in a way for the tokens to increase in value? (Like bitcoin for example has reward halving and ethereum has some other mechanisms too, whats the chainlink way?)

thanks in advance frens

Attached: 924065BA-F59D-44AB-B20E-76A14C8E16F5.jpg (823x424, 49K)

read the whitepaper faggot

fuck you faggot dyor

700 million tokens are held by Sergey for something, so the actual supply that's traded freely is 300 mil at the moment. Tokens aren't burned but they are held by nodes and while held are effectively out of circulation. Tokens increase in value through network adoption.

You should have asked this two years ago. Fuck off.

Yes sirs many burn. Also you need 10k to run a masternide than passive income sirs. Many rupee for you

All of your questions are phrased in a way that is fundamentally inaccurate.

It bespeaks a lack of understanding about economics and a complete lack of effort on your part to do 5-10 minutes of real research instead of asking fallible biztards for their interpretations and opinions.

Shit LARP thread buddy see you on the last page

I have 25k im planning to unload... buy now before you miss out

cant tell if troll or not. is it fucking 2017 again?

Have sex op

Supply fixed for now, subject to change upon worldwide adoption

2&3
It will rise in value because of its capabilities and the spread of its usage. People who run nodes will earn link. Its intrinsic to the whole ecosystem

“something”... lol you guys are buying into one of the most obvious scams in crypto.

some dude owns most of it and can create more on a whim and basically you gotta give him 10k as well to run a node in exchange for his internet tokens

you guys are funny

The token is useless. I know its hard to believe given the money in it right now but that's legitimately the truth.

The software they're writing will have some use but the LINK token is completely pointless.

it will get bought by M$ or something and the token essentially worth 0.000000
these aren't shares mongs

Token not needed

Attached: 1558804833452.jpg (711x633, 35K)

So from what I understood:
> only 35% supply is circulating
> 65% being held by chainlink team
> chainlink team can create more tokens if they want
> no real use for the token besides having to buy 10K links if you want to run a node

Alright thanks guys, my decision is done: I will not buy more.

650m of the tokens are for sergey to give out to corporates so they can get their foot in the door faster. (microsoft is not going to sit on binance waiting for KYC to clear to buy tokens)

pretty sure they cant create tokens at all

its just a meme

Haha great post

good decision user, sell the other 5 k

Fucking disgusting newfags, newlinkers, and nolinkers finally starting to question their idiocy make me sick.

Literally two seconds on google and you’ll find articles about Chainlink in Forbes, MIT Technology Review, reports on CNBC, hours and hours of talks on YouTube... warosu has over a YEAR of serious in depth discussion about everything to do with Chainlink, dissecting every last detail... there are thousands words long Medium and blog posts explaining Chainlink from start to finish...
And you want to be spoonfed a personal reply, tailored just for you? Typed out for you, personally? Um no sweetie. There’s a reason you got zero decent replies and that’s because we refuse to spoonfeed newlinkers who are too lazy to type into google. We spent a year researching this shit every single day and holding even through painful dumps to 20c. And you show up demanding info? Can you see why no one wants to give it to you easy?

You have to have gone through this experience, the months and months of reading and searching and learning, to truly understand, and to get to the point where you know it inside and out and will never sell. If someone types you a few lines, you’ll read them, you may buy some LINK, but you’ll just sell sooner or later for whatever reason because you didn’t really KNOW anything. So it’s pointless to explain it to you anyway

>REMINDER:
Do not spoonfeed the newlinkers - the ones who make low effort posts demanding tailored research just for their little pathetic low IQ queries. Why not? Well,
1) They don't deserve it.
and
2) They wouldn't understand anyway

I'm actually more qualified to talk about this than most anons.I'm employed with a cyber-techno machinations company, I do a lot of security analyst programming type work. Open source, decentralized, APIs, partnerships, you name it. We'd be one of the first companies in line for something like Chainlink, if the decentralized smart contract space had more value over traditional data exchanges. There's a catch though, an underlying flaw more deeply embedded in the bedrock of LINK than the very code itself. The flaw is with the concept, and it's this: Companies won't actually go through the hassle of trusting their data API's through crypto.

Now I can already hear your keyboards going frantic, but hear me out. Jow Forums hates banks, and traditional data providers. But actual companies, businesses, and investors do not. There's an old saying you might have heard of: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". The idea that any of our bosses would give us the go ahead if we approached them to put our companies valuable data in a smart contract on a cryptocurrency called Chainlink, that they've never heard of, we'd be laughed out at best and fired on the spot at worst. We already have API data buyers and providers we trust.

'But Chainlink is trustless!' I hear you cry, but is that really a good thing? Just listen to the sound of it. Businesses don't want to spend millions of dollars on something that is trustLESS, they want something trustFUL. 'But the reputation system!', doesn't that defeat the whole point of your coin? If companies only trust nodes with high reputation, what's the difference between trusting banks and data providers that already have reputation, but in real life not on a computer screen.

The fact is, LINK is going to share the same fate as ETH will. A lot of 'real world application' hype, with a lot of 'crypto world application' reality. Only, this billion supply coin isn't going to come close to the $1k that Etherum hit.

>chainlink is good b-but uhhhhhh the coin is useless!
FUD getting more pathetic by the day

No he's right. Same thing as Vechain. Cool tech w/ an absolutely useless token.

VeChain is an absolutely useless token according to... who? So you're buying the same token as enterprises who need to hold the token to write to the blockchain. And you're calling that useless? Sounds useful if you're buying the same underlying asset as the company. I'm sick of you scum bags. You're believing the /biz board and doing zero research. One day you will slap yourself. And you have a small penis.

To be honest, I meme shilled LINK at around 40ct last year and got trips in my post while posting "check my trips"
This is the only reason I bought a 3k stack.

I dont give a fuck what it does.

Cringe

Fuck off you larp, you probably have 1000$ in crypto and tryna go 500$ on link fomo user you’ll never catch the bottom always the top

yikes