/smg/ - Stock Market General

June 14, 1775: the Continental Army is formed by an act of the Second Continental Congress after the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War.
Without the sacrifices made by these men, a quarreling 13 colonies would have never become a free democratic republic that would, through hard work and responsibilities never before experienced by such a righteous cohort of free men, become the greatest country ever seen in all human history. God bless America.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener (the tradingview screener is also good)
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

prior historia

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Army.svg.png (1280x1008, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_goose
oll.libertyfund.org/pages/1776-hutchinson-strictures-upon-the-declaration-of-independence
archive.org/details/MillisWalterRoadToWarAmerica19141917
cnn.com/2019/06/14/us/flag-day-2019-trnd/index.html
spacenews.com/bridenstine-estimates-artemis-cost-at-20-30-billion/
cnn.com/2019/06/13/tech/nasa-budget-moon-mission-artemis/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Leave it to biz to be the most patriotic of all boards

Commies, cryptokids, and precious metalers btfo

Long live S&P, long May she reign

Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.
—Thomas Paine

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
—Thomas Jefferson

>tfw you get your Robinhood permanently suspended because you accidentally override day trader restrictions by trading SPY spreads ten times today
Okay guys I need a new broker

Attached: 1560191951562.jpg (480x720, 26K)

I thought you were out of the game, damn it!

Where were you on that LULU move you son of a bitch?!

No it was Microsoft and SPY, but that bastard on LULU did well
Time for IB

Attached: 1553472188749.jpg (220x212, 21K)

Attached: 1549723864006.png (1033x1200, 1.3M)

I mean for (you)

No, you’re the only trader who follows clothing, you should’ve called it.

Attached: 29A9A1AC-602B-4A3F-AF4B-6768DC8C526E.gif (540x304, 1.34M)

I just aspire to be a clothing investor, I'm not good yet!!!
Nothing in this market makes sense, small specs are doomed to fail for the next two years

Attached: 1559963612568.png (500x635, 186K)

The subject speaks its own importance; comprehending in its consequences nothing less than the existence of the UNION, the safety and welfare of the parts of which it is composed, the fate of an empire in many respects the most interesting in the world. It has been frequently remarked that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of men are really capable or not of establishing good government from reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend for their political constitutions on accident and force.
—Alexander Hamilton, Federalist #1

With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people--a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms, and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established general liberty and independence.
—John Jay, Federalist #2

Attached: Military_service_mark_of_the_United_States_Army.png (936x935, 610K)

> quoting communists
lets get some spicier takes

> " I have been often in all the West India Islands, and I have often made my observations on the treatment of the negro slaves, and can aver that I never knew the least cruelty inflicted on them, but that in general they lived better than the honest day-labouring man in England, without doing a fourth part of his work in a day, and I am fully convinced that the negroes in our islands are better provided for and live better than when in Guinea.’ . . . "

Attached: 1553148498394.png (220x325, 150K)

> "The theory of constitutional government is that the majority shall rule the minority, and as long as the qualities, moral and mental, of the parties are not grossly dissimilar, such an arrangement forms a tolerable modus vivendi. Where in character, in mental force, in energy, in cultivation, there is no equality at all, but an inequality which has existed for thousands of years, and is as plain today as it was in the Egypt of the Pharaohs, to expect that the intelligent few will submit to the unintelligent many is to expect what has never been found and what never ought to be found. The whites cannot be trusted to rule the blacks, but for the blacks to rule the whites is a yet grosser anomaly. Were England out of the way, there would be a war of extermination between them. England prohibits it, and holds the balance in forced equality. England, therefore, so long as the West Indies are English, must herself rule, and rule impartially, and so acquit herself of her self-chosen responsibilities."

Attached: 1539121872183.png (614x800, 913K)

America, the only nation under God
indivisible and liberty and justice for all

Attached: x46.png (569x374, 574K)

>Save up as much money as possible
>Put it all into dividend paying shares
>Wage slave for 15 years
>Retire, move to asia, and live off dividends

The thought just occurred to me regarding the China-US Trade deal.

What if the Chinese are interpreting Trump's actions akin to the British in the Opium Wars forcing trade treaties down China's throat?

If Xi were to cave to Trump now, he'd be weakened domestically for sure.

get a better job idiot

> What if the Chinese are interpreting Trump's actions akin to the British in the Opium Wars forcing trade treaties down China's throat?

wow
a fucking brain cell

Attached: 1540526502577.png (440x622, 381K)

Alright frens

What are your galaxy brain moves tomorrow?

Buy MarineMax (HZO) and cash in on the boat retail bucks.

What are the hottest clothing picks right now?

Jim “the most based boomer” Cramer just went bullish on Capri and Canada Goose.

Hasn’t mentioned Chewy on the show yet... thinking about gambling 1G on either chewy or grocery outlet

>Canada Goose
death to satan spawn

I don’t get it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_goose

Yes, that is a type of bird

a demonic bird

not going to get banned from my broker. thats for damn sure

also DOW is paying me some phat divvies :3

Attached: 1461945066442.jpg (604x401, 62K)

>Robinhood has Monster Energy Drinks listed as part of the Energy sector
This game has so many fucking bugs, what the hell are the devs doing.

Attached: 6F079006-C870-4F9B-94A9-FFFC182CDF55.png (1125x2001, 296K)

Holy shit Fivver what the fuck 90% in one day?

Also Buy into chewy tomorrow, its gonna fucking Mars launch

It's because of that Reddit post about photographer that was unemployed, applied to for graphic designing, got the job, and instantly outsourced his work to fivver.

Hope you boys bought some LMT and oil stocks...

Attached: Screenshot_20190614-024041.png (1440x2960, 678K)

Is reading "Wealth of Nations", or any of those other ancient tomes going to really increase my knowledge of stocks and trading?

Attached: 1541373765268.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

I didn't! I really wanted to buy LMT, I was hoping it would dip more!

I am seriously considering this. What're you setting your limit at?

stocks and trading? no, not really.
still worth a read though.

LIMIT?! THERE IS NO LIMIT THERE IS ONLY THE MARS COLONY!

Attached: unknown (1).png (557x658, 470K)

Are you in need of a lyft, brother?

Martian law does not allow for such recklessness.

>RH and Schwab can't find CHWY
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

>Chewy is not currently profitable
>Still vulnerable to the death star
oh
hmmm...

i-is the gubberman going to shutdown in august?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.04.42 PM.png (1450x996, 1.26M)

well aside from uber and lyft non-profitable ipo's are performing well stock value wise. plus I think that chewy is gonna do fine because it outsells amazon in pet supplies and its not like its running at -50% profitability

Oh shit i better buy one of those coins. It's a piece of meme history.

Yeah they don’t seem very far from profitability.
I’m still going to try to buy in, but market buy sounds insane to me.

But my limit buy will probably be blasted past without me being along for the ride. It’s tough, ipos are such a gamble.

GALT downtrend broken
L-lets go booys!!!!

In what world does that chart look like a broken downtrend?

Attached: punisher.png (461x354, 208K)

The 1D chart world
It's called a local uptrend

>t. faggot indexer
stay below average

Hi Jow Forums. Newfag here, don't know much besides the basics of stocks and whatnot but I'm looking for a simple investment to where I'll always have money in my pocket i.e. stocks with high dividend yields. Any suggestions?

>TFW winning $100k would mean almost nothing to you because all you can think is that it equals around $4k in high dividend paying stocks
Who here /boomer/

Sell all of my biomemes at a substantial loss and then put everything into a safe 'n comfy ETF.

Attached: 1551130024382.gif (300x300, 892K)

I suggest you lurk more and check the archive, as some version of this question is asked every day.

Goodnight everyone! Gotta wake up in a few hours and determine my risk tolerance for chewy.

wtf i love america now

Attached: most-american-pictures-ever-21-1.jpg (974x1200, 148K)

REITs and Energy

Attached: 1557747601496.png (599x800, 397K)

ITW or CAT?
ROK or PH?
LRCX or TSM?

based chinks

Predictions for today? How fucked are semis after Broadcom shitting the bed yesterday?

reminder that the American colonial rebellion was unjustified; Samuel Adams and John Hancock were shit-stirring community organizers, the Al Sharpton of their era

Attached: 220px-General_John_Burgoyne_-_Reynolds_c._1766.jpg (220x275, 19K)

Absolutely based. The Gloried Founding Fathers were nothing but communist rebels.

Attached: 1558357453666.png (170x211, 57K)

yup, and pawns in a cold war between Britain and France

oll.libertyfund.org/pages/1776-hutchinson-strictures-upon-the-declaration-of-independence

Attached: general-thomas-gage-by-john-singleton-copley.jpg (901x1119, 99K)

> 1776-hutchinson-strictures-upon-the-declaration-of-independence
This one is a good read too, but I think you've at least passed its title since you've probably read Moldbug too

Attached: 1544638592461.png (1046x1493, 225K)

What the fuck! I thought we were going to new all time highs!

>pawns in a cold war between Britain and France
One of the most hilarious things I've read recently is how this happened (again) in World War I, but with Germany instead of France.

Wilsonianism was basically English foreign policy dictated by Edward Grey to Colonel House (Wilson's Europe policy wonk)Edward Grey Edward Grey.

This book is a gem: archive.org/details/MillisWalterRoadToWarAmerica19141917

Attached: 1531344024845.png (925x1433, 690K)

>Edward Grey Edward Grey
derp

question: if chyna is stealing gorillions of dollars worth of IP, why isn't there a single company that aims to prevent this? wouldn't they be worth billions?

At 9 prepare to get chewy

Attached: 1560366019362.png (1500x1109, 547K)

Chewy is good shit.

based and redpilled

truly the chinks are the lost tribe of israel

>BagholderExtraordinaire

Now im not so sure about making this investment.

IT'S GONNA BE A RED DAY BOYS

nah

Attached: 220px-Green_Day_-_Warning_single_cover.jpg (220x220, 16K)

YOU BETTER CASH UP SON

Thoughts on a long term slice and dice investment made of equal parts JKF, JKE, JKL & JKK?

I lived to see Pets.com 2.0 thank you based jeebus and thanks to all the anons out there who helped make this IPO happen

Best /smg/ thread

Attached: 1547868692439.jpg (700x700, 89K)

RETAIL SALES UP, APRIL NUMBER REVISES UPWARDS

>Pets.com

Attached: 1552273614576.jpg (543x540, 18K)

>inb4 CHWY will do a FVRR
EZ MONE

lol

yeah up by 0.1% kek
the jews are running out of fuel for this fire

TRUMP SAYS CHINA IS MANIPULATING ITS CURRENCY

Today really needs to go better for AMD and NAKD.

Happy Burfday Mr. Trump

>TRUMP SAYS CHINA IS MANIPULATING ITS CURRENCY

That has been going on for years. Nothing new.

In hindsight, I think I should have added bid/ask and bid/ask spread when I made the basic terminology for newfags pastebin

Also "leverage", surprisingly it's not there.

desu newfags with no experience should be market buying low volume obscure companies like Bowl America.

What target price should I look for to sell my LCl stock? I got in at $5.22

cnn.com/2019/06/14/us/flag-day-2019-trnd/index.html

Reminder that large breasts are patriotic.
Taylor Swift, who has smallish boobs, announced a new album.
Make sure to find a flag somewhere and say the pledge of allegiance sometime today, it is Flag Day.

Attached: 1559603658243.jpg (1107x1600, 465K)

That too

What the fuck does that even mean?

Every country "manipulates" its currency.

it's only manipulation when your competitors do it.

Oh sheeeeit there it is.
Limit buy at $30? How hard is this going to spike...?

Attached: BFE1489C-00E5-4956-AAD5-ACDF0E34A4BE.png (1125x2001, 369K)

>Schwab StreetEdge app up
>Criterium du Dauphine streaming
>slacking off at work

Gonna be a good day boys.

actually the superior geography of the US is the reason for its prosperity. if anything the colonists and their judeo masonic religions ruined this land. just think all the things you pay for now use to be free just a few hundred years ago. sad.

CRAB MARKET
CRAB MARKET

Attached: D9Bio4hXoAESpEa.jpg (432x606, 72K)

spacenews.com/bridenstine-estimates-artemis-cost-at-20-30-billion/
cnn.com/2019/06/13/tech/nasa-budget-moon-mission-artemis/index.html

NASA says another moon landing will cost 20-30 billion.
If we triple that to $75 Billion (because NASA has a significant chunk of women and incompetents), it's about the market cap of Uber. Worth $75 Billion just to flex on the world again? I'm not sure.

bout to make bacon and eggs, I have today off work :3

Attached: Surveyor_3-Apollo_12.jpg (3000x2627, 3.86M)

the prosperity of the US was because it sold weapons to both sides in WW2, and then used neocolonized/CIA psyops to destabilize 3rd world countries with oil, forcing the world on the petrodollar.