I've got around 11k link on binance and am getting paranoid, and need to decide where to store them...

I've got around 11k link on binance and am getting paranoid, and need to decide where to store them. Where are you keeping your linkies? are you happy leaving it on MEW?

Also, what's your exit strategy when link actually moons? staking for passive income or just sell?

Attached: goodbye.jpg (1024x1280, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UClIWFp4FV1QuYmnc8FcFDWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>are you happy leaving it on MEW
no i have a personal vault for my LINK

Literally everyone will be staking.

MEW is not wallet retard, it doesn't store your private key....
Since you're that retarded I guess you store your private key on your computer, which is dumb. Just buy a ledger, it's not that expensive and give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
Make sure to order the new nano X, much better since you can install as much applications as you want on it.

would i be a complete retard to not use a ledger or trezor and leave them on MEW?

depends on how you save your keys i guess. but a hardware wallet is better. if you really want to neckbeard the shit out if it: get an airgapped pc with linux distro that has never been plugged into the interwebs and use that as a wallet.

>nano x
>Bluetooth capability
>smartphone app
No thanks.

as i am definitely a retard, what's the benefit of using a ledger vs. storing your private somewhere safe? if you lose your ledger can you just buy a new one and input your private key to restore your coins?

>leaving it on MEW

that’s not how it works

If you're that retarded to think that bluetooth is a problem even tho your private key never transit though then just use the usb cable, bluetooth is not mandatory.

>if you lose your ledger can you just buy a new one and input your private key to restore your coins?

Yes when you set up your device it gives you a backup key that you can put somewhere safe and use it to set up a new device if you lose it

>vs. storing your private somewhere safe?
When you store your private key somewhere safe you still need to import the keys on your computer when you do a transaction, which defeat the purpose of storing the keys somewhere safe.
The only way to be really safe is either to use an airgapped computer, (like multiple autists on Jow Forums pretends they do when they actually store it on their regular computer) or use a ledger.
The issue with an airgapped computer is that it's a pain in the ass to sign your transactions.
A ledger is basically a airgapped computer with a usb cable to send the signed transaction directly to your computer, which is more practical and safe than sign your transaction in your airgapped computer and then transfer the signature using a usb key or some shit like that.

I can guess your skin tone by the number of errors in your post

Your coins are tied to the private keys which are agnostic between applications/devices. If you lose your ledger you could recover the seed on a new ledger/trezor or pretty much any wallet application. Just make sure you securely store that seed when you setup the ledger. If you put it on your computer or take a picture you've basically defeated the whole purpose of a hardware wallet. I suggest writing it in a book or putting it in a safety deposit box.

What makes a hardware wallet special is that you generate AND store the private key within a secure element chip that only ever reveals fully signed transactions. This means that you never have to reveal the private keys or worry about a trace of them being left behind on a connected device. You could plug your ledger into a fully malwared device and still transact safely because your private keys never leave the device and you can confirm all transaction info via the on-device screen.

Attached: 1544541122351.jpg (240x320, 13K)

>leaving it on mew
ew
>sweet vishnu check the iq on those summer turds

I'm from Europe you fat burger. Move your fat ass and learn a foreign language before criticizing my English.

As we say here English is not made to be pretty, just to be understood. So I make 0 effort to improve.

>Buy nano x sirs
Tiny dick energy pajeet shilling

Pakistanis in Europe arent Europeans

Is it just a pin to access your coins on whichever device you use? (ledger, trezor etc.) i assume the pin isn't a typical 4 number pin?

thanks for the info, i'm using an encrypted word doc to store my private key which probably isn't the safest

Pretty ironic since you're probably the pajeet here. I saw how you guys feel superior when you come to North America

The pin is 8 digits long

this is the best way to pull this shit off instead of buying a hardware wallet

here's our very own Thomas' youtube page explaining how
youtube.com/channel/UClIWFp4FV1QuYmnc8FcFDWw

>what's your exit strategy when link actually moons

I'm also curious about this. What exchange will you use to turn you LINK into fiat? Is there a straight across way to do that?

Don't kid yourself, your skin is as brown as your id, remember my post as the poo under your fingernails corrupts your ledger. I'll kick back and eat a burger made from one of your sacred cows while my linkies are safe on my cold wallet.

coinmetro lets you sell link to euro right now and they're adding like 30+ currencies soon, the volume is shit right now though but by the time people are looking to cash out big time hopefully it'll be a lot better

Ledger is a steaming piece of shit, I bought one and followed the instructions and it bricked itself with the "mcu firmware invalid" bug which looks extremely common since its all over the internet. Support directs you to a page for the "fix" and it literally doesn't fix at all. Ledger is a scam. Who could trust such a piece of shit to hold their crypto when a simple update bricks the device.
I need to buy a trezor.

Seriously guys do not go with a ledger, just google "ledger mcu firmware not genuine" and you will see just how big of a problem this is...
Some reddit cucks even buy brand new ledgers since theirs is bricked and hsve the coins stuck.

FUCK LEDGER

I'm too paranoid to hold my shit on a hardware wallet period because of something like this happening, how os Trezor any less likely to brick my life's savings years from now

Enjin wallet is the best.

>coinmetro
thanks for the heads up.

im in the same boat. where am i supposed to send my crypto to while we see whats going on with binance?

I sent mine to my monero wallet so nobody can see how many links I own

How safe is a paper wallet if you have it on paper only and split it into separate parts?

put it on crypto.com and shut up