/smg/ - Stock Market General

reminder to treat your father to expensive Italian food for fathers day this weekend edition

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Free advanced charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Best free stock screener (the tradingview screener is also good)
finviz.com/

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Options Markets 101:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Previous Thread

Attached: SMGitally.jpg (2048x1448, 576K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kzb6uf0U0k
youtube.com/watch?v=LUglEOnGbl4
financial-planning.com/opinion/jack-bogle-forecasts-lower-stock-and-bond-returns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>reminder to treat your father to expensive Italian food for fathers day this weekend edition

I wish I had a father.

who here /bynd/?

There's a parallel universe where everything is the same except Jow Forums is a board for furry instead of anime and anime is banned under global rule 3.

Attached: st015.jpg (1200x1200, 101K)

1st for I wanna taste that rkg cunny

Attached: whenRKGignoresMYlove.jpg (500x374, 30K)

daily reminder that you will never beat the market and end up loosing hundreds of thousands picking stocks.

in fact, you may even be thinking about this post on your deathbed (if dying in a ditch could be called a deathbed)

anyways, have a great weekend!

fuck anime (and fuck furries)

th-thanks u too

>I wish I had a father.
whenever I have kids i'm gunna take two sets of pictures.. one set with me in them and one without me in them.. if the kid ever acts up and says they wish i didnt exist or was dead when they go to sleep i'm going to change all the pictures around the house to the ones i'm not in then take off for a couple days....... i think that might make them think next time they say stupid shit

>dad loves seafood
>wants to go to a seafood restaurant this weekend
>I hate seafood
>mfw
seriously who the hell wants to eat food that comes from the worlds toilet?

Attached: 314964.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Buy REFR

Attached: 1560033290959.jpg (640x633, 101K)

Garlic butter shrimp is delicious, pleb.

Attached: delet_this_501st.jpg (864x960, 94K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1kzb6uf0U0k

Attached: rJ83ruS.gif (500x250, 63K)

>he can't spell "lose"
normally I oppose pedantry but in your case it's warranted
but all those prices are v cheapies, where can you find a good steak for 999 yennies?

Attached: ppp points.jpg (753x1078, 452K)

pleb detected

I will eat any kind of food and am not picky in any situation. It's good to be me.

Attached: 1557517203499.gif (640x360, 1.89M)

My favorite Italian food is squid ink pasta and my favorite italian-american food is cioppino (fucking delicious seafood stew)

>Going to dinner with vegetarians is actually like this
The days when Simpsons was kino AF

Kek that this youtube account is just edits to shill robinhood for referral stock

Attached: 1534354586358.jpg (1000x1000, 140K)

maybe i can't spell but at least i'm not incel
thank about that, kid

my daughter nico is taking me to La Salsa

Attached: nic.png (516x330, 137K)

>When Baja Fresh, Chipotle, Poquito Mas, and even Sharky's are all superior options

Wait, your daughter? Do you want to fuck the Nico or just hang out with her?

Yikes.

Double yikes.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-14-19-46-34-1.png (1080x1518, 514K)

keks what a coincidence linked simpsons to smg and robinhooh add :D

youtube.com/watch?v=LUglEOnGbl4

Attached: 7gto.gif (480x366, 2.4M)

lucky :<
she should take you for nico taco

Attached: o.jpg (750x1000, 121K)

>juice cost more than tacos
damn spics

>bought more NTDOY after hearing about animal crossing and new BOTW, not realizing that this was a delay and old news
>Didn't buy sony instead, now that FF7 remake is actually happening

Do I deserve to suffer and baghold as much as I do? It seems, maybe.

I want to sample the Nico "juice" along with the rkg cunny, freshest available plz

Attached: Sipppp.jpg (1280x960, 161K)

Since her father died I took up the role. I just want her to be happy

Burrito Nico a little pricey, maybe wait for tuesday

RKG is too old to have fresh cunny, you need to harvest it earlier

Attached: 1560394473648.png (1200x628, 804K)

I thought Go Woke Go Broke was Jow Forums cope but its true? I thought corporations always won.

Corporations get their feel of the world through social media which is woke as fuck. But it's not where normal people are. If a business goes in on diversity, and is serious about it, sell that shit asap.

OH SHIT
EVEN PERSONA IS PLAYSTATION?!
They're getting all the best Jap IP!

I'd be glad Nintendo gets Fire Emblem, but this latest entry looks like shit. Looks like IS gave up on everything but mobage/gatcha

Freshest available. I'll make do with what's on hand.

Besides, I'm not going to go for high schoolers.

I'm glad you liked my image enough to save and repost it!

Who are you talking about?
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In general, yes the corps always win, but sometimes they crush eachother to do so.

Attached: 1560559401071.jpg (1200x1500, 1.39M)

CHK...I'm feeling it.

Investing ruined me. I can no longer buy stuff without thinking how much stocks I'm losing out.

OH SHIT THEY'RE REMAKING LINK'S AWAKENING TOO!???!!?!

I really gotta start paying attention to E3 shit. What else did I miss? I'm not into minecraft or whatever shit people usually obsess over.

Yes. This comes and goes. Go to Jow Forums and start hitting your macros at optimal cost so you can throw your savings into the market.

don't think about anything, just blow your money on stupid shit

This is the Jow Forums i know and love

t. boomer

(it's really stupid that we call safe/value investing, S&P index investing, or any other sort of investing that isn't mortgaging the future of others for the benefit of your present self "boomer investing"

Boomers don't invest, they spend and spend and then they get credit cards and spend more and then get looser regulation of financial industry and spend and then get QE and spend more and then get social security and die and leave others with the bill

>been here for almost sic months now and still don't understand option trading or why i would want to do it
>just buy stocks that i think are gonna go up
based or cringe?

I will consider trading the bounce after it crashes.

Nothing wrong with that. Trading options, rather than using them to hedge risk on your long positions, is the highest risk strategy in the whole shebang.

Update on my robinhood account: I'm still banned and will have to open a IB account instead.
You're a great image poster user, a lot of people ITT have great taste

Attached: 1560173885904.jpg (1134x1683, 195K)

I want to trade options on ADRs like Nintendo. Who will let me do this?

Attached: 1560381980615.jpg (849x1200, 73K)

CUTE

What about options trading

Holy mother of this

What about real estate?

I have 2 and still paying for it.

>co-worker: Fuck it bro, I'm going all in on jcpenny
>what I wanted to say: You have a family. Don't do something so risky.
>what i ended up saying: Yeah brah sometimes you just gotta go all in when ya feel it in ya gut

>Go out to Wendy's, order Baconator w/ small fries and soda
>$10
>"Oh my god that's one half of a QYLD share I'm missing out in 11 cents of free dividends each month for life OH GOD OH FUCK I'M NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO RETIRE!"
I know those feels too well.
I'm thinking of going to IB here soon, at least to automate some spread trading. I have to brush up on my c++ skillz tho and read the wonderful documentation that is IB's API.
>implying millennials and zoomers can afford real estate
Cute. I'll just buy O and Stag though, much closer to my affordable price range!

Attached: forget_real_estate_you_cant_afford_it_anyways.jpg (2000x1333, 674K)

I think going all in on a mainly brick n' mortar based clothing retailer is bad mojo right now but good luck to him I guess. Tell him to take profit at $1.65. He's a damned fool, more so, if he does not... provided it touches that mark again.

Report: Hong Kong government might announce suspending the extradition law amendment soon.

doesn't matter HK is fucked only a matter of time

All the rich are GTFO.

Well yeah

Attached: IMG_20190615_123230.jpg (2160x944, 221K)

My powers out.
This is bullshit.

>Amerifat cuckservsatives think that the US providing asylum to refugees is a leftist conspiracy to destroy their white nation
These situations are exactly what asylum is for... Sometimes saving one life is worthwhile... damn. Fecking Belgians.

I hope HongKongAnon is alright...

(I think asylum is also for salvaging the intelligencia from being massacred and using them for the benefit of of your national interests)

OK what? Where and how do you automate trading? Is that available for retail investors? The most "automation" I can find through Schwab is trailing stop losses and custom alerts, which is nice but basically nothing.

Speaking of REITS, I'm still pissed I was too much of a pussy to jump in NRZ at those recent lows... it was basically at its december low.

Damn dude, not even a discount retailer? What the hell is he thinking... just needs to gamble?

I figured out how to start phoneposting again, so I might be able to get back to posting more often :)

Attached: Lit.jpg (600x317, 58K)

Index funds and any retard can manage funds

thats ok, threads have been dead lately anyways

and baggie went out tonight so no late night shitposting or dick pics even

Attached: La Sainte Bible.jpg (2976x3968, 2.65M)

If I cancel my crunchyroll and my netflix and my audible (which I don't even use lately and keep letting credits expire...) I could maybe afford an extra share of MO every month...

I use Mimi for phoneposting and it's ~okay~

I thought i was reading my comment from a couple days ago.

What do you guys know about BANT? It use to be DRUS

I had this piece of shit on my watchlist when it was like 70 cents. Fuck me why didnt I just take the risk.

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-014759.jpg (1080x2340, 323K)

Dumpster inferno.

Bro I've been watching GMO and PAYS for so long. I am full of regrets.

Keep the netflix, bruv. Quality programming that.

thats nothing
>sell shares of HEAR for $1.00 a share
>six months later its $16.00 a share

you cant change the past so dont dwell on it, let go and move on

its not like focusing on your mistake is going to help you out in the long run anyways

Attached: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xOTI0OTU0OTM0NzYxMjI2 (1258x444, 437K)

Looks like it's all preordained.

Attached: 1558439094233.png (1200x952, 269K)

big think
do these people not understand that direct military action against Iran would be insane? They're directly backed up by Russia, have a population twice the size of Iraq, and have ostensibly competent anti-ship and anti-air capabilities. Fuckin loony

Attached: bret stephens.png (1476x198, 54K)

I don't think that will much matter. Just make money out of it.

It'd be a money factory, but I can't see it as being anything but wildly unpopular in the US. I can see quickly beheading the regime and reducing them to a shithole filled with militias and extremists easily enough, but any protracted occupation (which it would have to be) would be such a grinding nightmare I can't see anyone but the most brainwashed aging-out boomers supporting it. Iran is huge and much more advanced than almost any other MENA nation, material losses would be for real. It's not 2003 anymore, social media and conspiracy culture would have a nonstop field day for years upon years

>but the most brainwashed aging-out boomers supporting it
So the largest US voting bloc would support it already. That's quite a ways already for public support kek

got me there lol. Peep the NY times opinion and that dude's twitter feed for a preview of the next 10 years if they decide to go through with it though

Attached: barrel army.jpg (400x400, 30K)

What's a realistic average return over the next 15 years?

GALTfags report in. These bags feeling heavy but hey, billionaire insider right

Fucking dumbass boomer doesn't know about MC02

whatever you want it to be~

depends on what the market does over the next 15 years

Attached: SP500 returns time periods.png (640x360, 52K)

>being this passive aggressive
no wonder you can't see that H&S LCI is making

>$ELS
why the FUCK has nobody ever posted this gem
up 30% this year with a 2% div
honestly fuck this thread

Attached: DQmVcSfmG5y1J3n3qKCkm53AbMkQiSGrU4XV8QaRbg3i3D4.jpg (780x554, 132K)

Because everyone should all in $BOTY.

Yes but what is a realistic forecast? I guess something like:

Bad economic conditions: 4%/ year

Average: 7%/ year

Strong: 9%/ year

more like average 4%, strong 7%

Bad: See Nikkei 225

Average: 4-6%

Good: 6-9%

financial-planning.com/opinion/jack-bogle-forecasts-lower-stock-and-bond-returns

Downtrend broken
Iron hands always pay off

Attached: Screenshot_20190615-134450_Avanza.jpg (1080x1235, 218K)

LMAO 2% returns? I might as well punt everything on fucking bitcoin

Hong Kong government have choose to suspend the legislation process of the extradition bill indefinitely
However,
- The suspension was meant to "give more time to persuade the public" and they have rejected the notion that they are withdrawing the bill. Although they haven't gave a time limit as to how long the suspension will last
- The chief executive (i.e. mayor/president of Hong Kong) refused to answer whether she's going to resign for the fuss she caused
- The chief executive refuse to admit she was doing anything wrong, instead said the government have used their best effort to convenience the public the proposed amendment are good to Hong
- The chief executive insist that previous protests were "riot", and that police doing their job "the natural and just order of thing as assigned by heaven and the earth"
- The chief executive claim the reason why she suspended the legislation progress yet refuse to withdraw the bill was that this is a chance to prove the public's fear against Chinese legal system is unfounded. She claimed that even if the bill was to be passed, the most significant majority amount of citizens of Hong Kong still won't be extradited to China because of it. She claim that, if the bill was to be withdrawn from the legislation process, then the government will never have chance to reintroduce the bill, such that they will never be able to get rid of the fear planted within the public against the Chinese legal system by actually showing the implementation.

There will still be a public demonstration in Hong Kong tomorrow, which will ask for withdrawing the bill for good and also to protest against police's use of violent during previous protests. It will probably be less massive than last Sunday's protect bur its scale will still be of interest, although I will be away from Hong Kong from now on and thus cannot keep track of it as closely

yet more jew tricks

why stocks not up much lately? anyone?

Because it's the top of the longest sustained pump in history, dipshit :)

he doesn't know....

here
just be patient user, this downward price action is overdone

>social media and conspiracy culture would have a nonstop field day for years upon years

Fake news has been deplatformed, dontcha know

Thoughts on the idea if the Efficient Frontier?
The ability to combine uncorrelated asset groups to get equal return prospects, with with improved risk levels.

Attached: Capture.png (1342x566, 43K)

I've made a few thousand dollars playing the volatility. If it drops back again, i'll certainly buy more.

I'm nervous lads

Attached: yieldcurve.png (1200x675, 77K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: 1426539893512.jpg (331x473, 44K)

No, that's just being a third worlder. Being picky is healthy and saves you a LOT from food poisoning.

Wouldn't mind seeing this trend line >20 years

>Being picky is healthy

Ree-ing at your mom because she got you regular and not dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets is not healthy