Thanks to the user that mentioned the horrors of root canals

thanks to the user that mentioned the horrors of root canals.
So the standard thing happened, and the root canal was botched and I in fact had a cyst underneath the tooth filled with anaerobic bacteria. Dealing with the aftermath and fixing it currently.
How much damage did the dentist industry did to the population with shit like root canals? Are there any alternative industries or branches of dentistry that are worthy of exploring?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x337, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

westonaprice.org/health-topics/dentistry/root-canal-dangers/
nbcnews.com/mach/science/next-revolution-dental-care-about-begin-ncna837706
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

any sauce on based dental user? I've not heard of this before and need some dental work done.

That cyst could have been there even before the root canal was done. Long term tooth infections can completely infect the pulp and cause a periapical abscess. By then people would assume that the infection has gone away and wrongfully blame the dentist some years after. I don't know your full story, but the chances are that you've had the root canal done too late.

>cut out sugar in your diet
>???

>enjoy healthy teeth
may not even need to brush them

westonaprice.org/health-topics/dentistry/root-canal-dangers/

Just inject peptides, fuck dentists.

>complain about a procedure that is literally the only alternative to removal, prosthetics, or implants

I guess you'd prefer to have a titanium screw (with the same risks, btw) in your gum huh

need dentistry redpills thanks

Titanium screw does not have the same risks at all. There are literally miles of sponge like canals in a single tooth, and the procedure seals them off so that anearobic bacteria can thrive. A dental implant, while it may have a few pockets of space, has no where near the same surface area for bacterial growth. Root canals are literally petri dish cultures for toxic bacteria in your mouth. If i ever make it, one of the forst things i do will be to get my root canals replaced with implants.

The sugar will rot your teeth meme is real. I fucked my teeth.

Given what I know now, I'd much rather the tooth be just removed. This is what I did with the tooth that was subject to root canal - consulting multiple dentists to dig into the gums to clean shit out and ensure things are going well.

Implants and endodontic treatment have around the same long term success rates (80-90%). Weston price lol, kys retard

Hopefully these drillfags will be unemployed soon

nbcnews.com/mach/science/next-revolution-dental-care-about-begin-ncna837706

why are dentists so fucking expensive? this shit should be free by now in 2019 in a 1st world country

>Price was concerned about the pathological bacteria found in nearly all root canal teeth of that time. He was able to transfer diseases harbored by humans from their extracted root canal teeth into rabbits by inserting a fragment of a root canal root under the skin in the belly area of a test rabbit. He found that root canal fragments from a person who had suffered a heart attack, when implanted into a rabbit, would cause a heart attack in the rabbit within a few weeks. Transference of heart disease could be accomplished 100 percent of the time. Some diseases transferred only 88 percent of the time, but the handwriting was on the wall.

Funny I'm 30, have all 32 of my teeth. I went to the dentist yesterday, they told me why do you even bother to come here your teeth are perfect and I have nothing to clean.

Want to know my secret? I brush my fucking teeth. Brush twice a day, mouth wash and floss once a day right after one of the brushings.

I don't feel bad for you no teeth faggots, you don't brush your teeth and then cry dentists are evil. Fuck you. You are dirty bums who can't take 3 minutes out of your day to practice basic hygiene.

If you brush your teeth you will literally never need a dental operation. Wahhh it should be free wahhh, you go to college for 8 years minimum and then work for "free". Go fuck yourself retard

whats your diet like? and how much sugary stuff do you eat?

If you brush your teeth you will literally never need a dental operation.
Correct. See: I'm so tired of no teeth faggots who don't practice hygiene whining about their teeth being fucked up. My brother is missing like half his teeth since he doesn't brush often so it's not my genetics either.

>implying i didn't lose teeth when i was 14 due to my mother's negligence.
It's not always our own fault. Since losing multiple teeth at 14, i've basically drank a shitton of sugar for years and now my teeth are small and i have a few fillings done and probably need a few more things doing. The sugarjew is the worst.

either they pull your tooth or you get a root canal theres no in between due to infection of the nerve
it just takes skill to do them correctly

I don't eat any candy outside of chocolate chip pancakes. Other than that I eat pretty normal stuff, chicken, tomato soup, all kinds of fish and seafood, occasionally beef and pork but not often, potatoes, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, rice, lettuce, etc.

This. I'm 30. all my teeth are fine and I only brush once a day. Floss maybe once a week.

OP, Sorry to hear, I have had to have 2 root canals recently, Dentist said it was from braces when I was a teen living in Burgerland! Anywho I shelled out £2k (i'm in the UK) Got it done professionally, they had a sonic electronic thingie that measured the depth of each of the canals. had oral surgery to remove the cyst. I am going for a check up soon.

Dentist said it was such a shame to do root canals on my lovely American style teeth (rare in UK)!

They threatened to remove my teeth & they are at the front! I don't want to look like a poor person!

BEST OF LUCK OP!!!!!!

You can prevent any future dental work from ever having to happen to you after you fix anything that needs fixing.

I don't have time in the morning to floss and mouth wash so all I do in the morning is brush, then have breakfast, then go to work.

After work, I come home and have dinner. 30 minutes to an hour after dinner I brush, floss, then use mouth wash (Listerine) in that order. No cavities with this method and a dentist that tells me to stop scheduling appointments since it's a waste of time cleaning perfect teeth.

The basic treatment is in many. You just have to pay extra if you want to get the better looking stuff