Link storage

Lets have a discussion about storage of Linkies. As for now I have 33 % on a ledger, and planning to put 33% on a paper wallet, the rest is currently on binance to be able to withdraw without hassle
Is this a valid plan or do non-brainlets autist have any better suggestions?
Binance is obviously going to scam us sooner or later so this needs to be planned out now.
Is MEW reliable?
I am a brainlet so please take my advice with some salt.

Attached: 1557057641163.jpg (1000x700, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/iancoleman/shamir
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

like the idea of Shamir Secret Sharing splits for paper wallets. Didn't have the time to implement it yet. Imagine splitting your key into 3 parts, where you can use just two parts to recover.
>github.com/iancoleman/shamir

yes you are a brainlet, ledger doesnt store any coins its a private key

nice trips, what are you saying? my links is not on the piece of paper I scribbled some numbers on either? That is incredible.

this is too complicated for me, why not just split your funds in multiple wallets instead of splitting the key?

With Shamir, you can lose a secret "split" and not lose your private key or any funds on it. You can even keep it on plaintext in different geographical locations and xstress over the safety of it - given you'll monitor their status frequently.
If you just split funds thorough private keys, if you lose one, you lose funds there.

>You can even keep it on plaintext
Nice, can this software used for splitting be monitored though? Should I use a burner laptop?
This sounds like a patricians choice.

Anytime anywhere any chain that's the blockchain agnostic guarantee that has made chainlink a household name. Uncle spergers swears by blockchain agnostic tech. Remember if it ain't blockchain agnostic it ain't worth squat!

What are you implying? Don’t make plans and arrangements for cashing out because we won’t need to? Fair. We slid still need sagged storage.

There are numerous github repos that implement this. this one provides this in a nice, offline-capable webpage, for burner laptop use:
>github.com/iancoleman/shamir

I'm just keeping it all in Metamask lol. My only issue is where do we sell half our stack once LINK is at $1000?

is this good enough?

lol how do you plan to make a “ChainLink paper wallet”

Honestly, I don't know. I guess as long as I don't visit any shady websites or download a keylogger just like any other wallet.

>he doesn't know how ERC20 tokens work

Thank you, looks good.

Trezor you idiots, its open source

Checked and crypto pilled.

Does Ledger support Link storage, or do I need to set up MEW along with it?

All ERC20 tokens are stored in addresses. One controls an address, by having a private key for that address. Associations between an eth address and ERC20 token holding amount are done in a seperate smart contract, which has it's own ethreum address.
In short: generate a private key for the ethereum network

How ether would you all recommend that I keep in my wallet for gas when dealing with primarily erc-20 tokens?

If need MEW if you want to sent them back from your ledger

I have 10k links all on my ledger , cant imagine i eould need to go thorugh more hassle with the storage. If i hade 1M linkies I might split them on 3 ledgers or sumthin

Unrelated question. Is DAI safe enough as stable coin? I don't see any trading volume like Tether has.

Attached: ed.png (1502x635, 101K)

Gimmick. Prefer to keep my fiat on exchanges that don't use stablecoins.

mtGox, Cryptsy, mintpal, btc-e, bittrex didn't give you a lesson, did they?

Stablecoins are inherently reliant on trjust of the organization that guarantee backing it with fiat. It is little different from keeping USD on an exchange.
The only alternative is keeping shit in non-stablecoin crypto, which is what I do.