Is CompSci basically a scam in 2019?

Is CompSci basically a scam in 2019?

t. europoor tough with basically none tuition fees

Attached: wojak_water.png (640x626, 97K)

One of the best degrees you can possibly have. Why would you think it’s a scam you fucking brainlet

Depends where you study it. Universities teach you the skills to do research, not to write programs.

Colleges might be different, never went to one.

How can you consider free higher education a scam?

In Germany a degree in CompSci is very valuable

It's a scam in Europe. Like everything else, you are better off just leeching off welfare there. Not in America though.

Attached: 1557082683.png (742x1666, 174K)

idk Jow Forums basically gave me the impression told me its a fad going to be overrun by pajeets and all programming will be automated by AI in 10 years

The drawback is that you have to move to Cali to get those jobs.

Why is Europe so different?

In burgerland compsci is top tier degree

No you don't. Those companies have offices all over the country.

This is also true.

Still many companies (at least where I live) will give you better positions if you have a degree.

it's what you make out of it faggoy

That's generally not because of the things you learned for the degree but because it shows you can pull through. But working instead of the time wasted on the degree would give you a much higher salary at the time you receive it.

best case scenario you make a successful app or software company and retire young and rich

Worst case scenario you work at Dell, goog, FB, Amazon, etc making 6 figures in your 30s

Compsci is better than being a doctor

Implying German Computer scientists can not move to US to work for Google after free higher education in Germany

Sorry, they already used all their visa quota on Pajeet and Chang. Better luck next time.

i am white and a citizen.

you are eligible to the biggest gibs by having brown skin and throwing your passport from your shithole country in the trash and before claiming for asylum

It has pretty good mid range earning potential with insanely high upper level (top 1%) earning potential.

Its highly skill based and dynamic so if you can make yourself irreplaceable you can negotiate comfy positions.

>t. 200k software engineer TC not in bay area

Oh no, what is your problem with poor, hard working Hans? Ah I see it's because you hate white men and want to "diversify". Good luck with that. Hans better move to Switzerland, SE Asia or Canada then.

>200k
teach me your ways senpai

if you major in cs you better put everything you earn into crypto before ageism fucks you over

also the cs field is a scam in europe all the good shit is here in the states

If you're that dumb and gullible major in liberal arts

i've been pretty split between comp sci and electric engineering, leaning towards EE.
Any reason why I shouldnt?

thanks user its the 2nd choice on my list

Nah it's legit. You may achieve comparable results solo, greater if you prefer to self learn, but it is much safer to a least get a bachelor/licence. What country are you in?

>Learn to code at 12, start working while studying at 18, get into one of the big boys, get promoted each year until you're too specialized to be effectively replaced, hint you're considering your options.

Mostly a combination of dedication to master the field as much as you can and not being scared to play the negotiation game.

Also Software Eng being a sellers market this is the best time to try and get away with that.

Truth

>Learn to code at 12, start working while studying at 18
alright i fucked this part badly, do i have a chance at 28 with basic programming knowledge and no exp? or do i get into tech repair business

im in 3rd year of compsci btw

its cool if you actually like logic and solving problems, but some people go to CS, because money, or they need paper for their administrator job, and then they cry "waaahh why do i need to learn flip-flops, it will never be useful for me. What? Someone is actually interested in that? Haha what a loser, where is my 100k job at making mobile apps"

You can do it. My coding improved exponentially in university and work experience. I mostly didn't know what I was doing until then and mostly bluffed my way through early work getting the benefit of the doubt because I was young and cheap ($30 an hour)

Someone who thinks programming an be automated has never wrote a serious piece of code.

Programming is thinking. Programming requires context. Computers don't understand concepts because they don't have the ability to think in the abstract like humans do.

How is it in anyway bad? Study 3 years and get okay pay 30-50k euro/year

You're a retard 100K is nothing in San Fransisco

This, I was majoring in CS but couldn't afford to finish school here (burger) won't be able to get a bachelors any younger than 25 now, which I've heard is basically unhirable for CS. Changed majors to mathematics with a CS minor instead.

Europe is a fucking scam
20k cost of living
30k for any high tier job
If you dare to make 40k then you are taxed 45%

>working under a boss
This is the real scam, lol.

EOS 9 million+ confirmed

yes, my friend started at 26 and is a straight A student, extremely skilled, its all about your IQ dude

How about focus on getting more than basic programming knowledge before you think you're about to make 200k

not worth it. i have a bsc and msc in cs. unemployed. go to college to get a MD or teach yourself from the internet its 2019 not 1982

Machine learning is getting pretty good. Just define the problem in a way the computer can understand and it will think up a solution for you.

You'll also gain connections and access to a network by studying you otherwise wouldn't. Opportunities will open up. If you have prior work experience, employers love that and since you're more mature than fresh grads and probably not as entitled, they'll lap that up as well