Old Nintendo games bubble?

I have a collection of around 30 N64 games, and 30 Gamecube games which are all valuable first party games in PAL (paper mario n64, smash bros etc) . I got them super cheap at carboot sales years ago.

I valued them all at around $2200 last i looked. Realistic are they ever going much higher than now? Shall i wait another 20 years to sell or not.

Attached: 598699B1-0F7B-4025-800C-6230158181F4.png (1200x1109, 64K)

What are carboot sales?

Depends where the 2.2k will go

Hold on to them. Today's boomers will be buying them at auction houses in 30 years time

Garage sale, im a bong.

Link or index funds

Honestly, the retro games market is over priced right now. N64 might have a couple years left at these prices, but they will crash.

Yeah... i looked at SNES and NES games and they haven’t really gone up. Assuming boomers will be older and richer in 15-20 years being the argument for higher prices... why didnt snes and nes go up just as much? There is a generation of about that many years between n64 and GC and the nes

why would they go down? it's not produced anymore and time can only destroy more and more day after day

keep the manual and ads in it it has value too

Not really.
They can be overvalued.

I’d put the money into Link mostly. Tough call

Game prices go up because of nostalgia, you are correct. Nes came out in 1985 and was discontinued in 1995 (for north America at least, but I'm going to use na as its the easiest way to explain. Same idea applies to other regions, though).

So if it was active between 85-95, the people who enjoyed it as kids were born in the mid-late 70s. There are a few exceptions like poor families that couldnt buy current gen so they got there kid last gen, but thats the time frame on the original audience. If you were born in 75, youd be 40ish when the retro market picked up again. So your target audience is between 30-40. They grew up, got jobs, had kids, and want a bit of nostalgia. Maybe something to show their kids that they enjoyed when they were younger. There was a resurgence id say in late 2000s-now. In 2006, nobody gave a shit about nes except the hardcore fans. But somewhere around 2010 is when it happened. Give or take a few years.

That market happened. It's pretty much over now. Most of that wasnt hardcore collectors anyway. They wanted the big games. Mario, contra, duck hunt, the stuff they grew up with. That's why the price on those games stayed stable and relatively high compared to others. A retro shop can hold onto contra and someone will buy it for $20. Doesn't matter that it had a large print run and should technically be cheaper. People want it. If you have an nes with a few games just for fun it has to be one of them. But nobody cares about the uncommons or rares. Those will be the first to crash. The only games that will survive and only increase in value are the super rare games. Like NWC.

Now for n64, it came out in 96. The same inflated market is happening now. Roughly 10 years after nes which came out in 85. And the nes boom happened in 2010. It's about 10 years later now. Nes and Snes isn't growing anymore because people who grew up on n64 for the most part didn't play those consoles. They don't really care about what came b4.

I have an attic full of shit from coleco vision, atari, nes, snes, neo geo, game gear, turbo grafix16. All just in boxes. I assume plenty more people like me out there who kept them but don't really care.

There is a huge supply of old games and consoles because every kid who was anyone had one.
Sell it and invest it in things with a history of returns.

Attached: battlefield_5.png (718x492, 467K)

Great thread OP, been wondering about this myself recently. There's a site, VG price charting or some shit, you should check it out. I couldn't help but notice how many games had steady growth for a while there only to plateau in the last couple of years. I think it's a good time to sell. Also, if the economy ever really crashes, I'd much rather know I have some crypto socked away than a bunch of games in old boxes that are going to get crushed and ripped and lost while I'm carrying them through the apocalypse

N64 mini soon. Only rare obscure games that won't be on it will hold their value. Conker's; hold, bond; sell.

Atari games are dirt cheap and nobody wants them. that's because they are old and crappy and the people who are nostalgic for them are mostly too old and crappy themselves.

what I'm saying is the longer you wait the closer you get to them becoming as desirable as Atari.

kids now are nostalgic for the PS2 and PS3. think about that

Do you have a source on this? It'd be a licensing nightmare to make N64 mini considering Microsoft owns rights to Rare games and forget Goldeneye with Bond franchise also in the mix... this is the reason it hasn't happened yet.

Sorry. Home sick with the stomach flu so I'm phone posting. The formatting is dumb, i know. Anyway, the point is the n64 market is probably at its peak. It won't go up anymore and will just go down over time. If they are all popular ones like you said (anything mario, smash bros, goldeneye, Pokemon snap, zelda, you get the idea), it'll stay stable. But this IS the boom. You've got a few years to hang onto them where the price will just coast. So if you're not ready to sell, you have time. But don't expect more than what it is now.

GameCube may go up a bit though. Not much, but that may have a couple years before the top is in.

My N64 shit, all PAL:
Mario party 1-3
Pokemon stadium 1-2
Zelda mm and oot
Mario 64
Mario kart
Kirby 64
Conker
Paper mario
Lylat wars
Golden eye
Smash bros
Donkey kong
Banjo kazoie
Pojemon snap
Yoshi story
Ruble pack
Gameboy pack
Pikachu edition console
Expansion pak

I havent really seen them go up for the past couple years and paper mario is fetching £80/ 120$ now so im tempted to sell it all
And buy chainlink with the gains

idk really if it's worth keeping old games
and consider that collectors want the shit *as new*

I used to like nostalgia aspect but i can load up a rom...
If link moons i can buy it all back if i give a fuck. Only reason i keep is if they go up more

I'd just dump it now. Demand is actually pretty high with streamers/speedrunners hitting about their ceiling at this point, and I doubt the people interested in having this stuff are going to wait until their 50's and 60's to get it, if they do at all with emulation as an option. Dealing with maintaining and moving it all probably won't be worth it even in the unlikely event it 5x's 20 years from now, and if you wait too long and your fellow boomers start dying it'll all tank like sports cards. Better to get crypto now than hold onto vidya I think.

I'd sell them fast before a N64 mini is announced.

Yep. Could all die. Lel. Tempted to hang on till christmas as i noticed they always moon a little then, but link may moon by then a lot more.

I collected all this shit as a hobby years ago. Paid no more than a £ or two per game. Now i can sell it for over £700 just for the N64 shit. I’ll dump it.

Do I sell now or hold off? Help me TA fags

Attached: fire emblem ta.png (1900x498, 221K)

They're worth nothing. You can download the ROMs for nothing.