/nim/ - free NIM edition

>What is Nimiq?
A blockchain based payment protocol.

>What is NIM?
The coin of the Nimiq Network.

>Why should I care?
Nimiq is trying to make a cryptocurrency practical and easy to use for everyone, from farmers in Bangladesh to your mom to reach true adoption.

Attached: 1.png (2050x2500, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

safe.nimiq.com/?onboarding=signup
arxiv.org/pdf/1903.01589.pdf
nimiq.mopsus.com/supply
metrics.nimiqx.com/supply
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How?
Nimiq is built from scratch around web browsers, you can run a node, create a wallet and even mine directly from Chrome/Firefox/Brave, your private keys are hosted in your browser.
It takes less than 20 seconds to create a Nimiq account for a complete beginner >safe.nimiq.com/?onboarding=signup
No email to register, no extension to install, no bullshit.
It will soon possible to send NIM directly through a link with cash links making it even easier to convert new users.

>But why would devs and merchants use it?
Because it’s simple, Nimiq possesses two implementation, one in Rust and one in Javascript (the language of the web) with a corresponding API.
It means that devs can relatively integrate NIM to their websites or apps all in a decentralized manner.

>Most merchants and devs don’t want cryptos, they want fiat
Indeed, that’s why Nimiq is developing OASIS in a collaboration with a german bank.

>How do I get some NIM
1. Mine some with your GPUs/CPUs
2. Buy them on Kucoin/HitBTC/Changelly
3. Use the GetNIM app
4. Read the rest of the post

Attached: 2.webm (640x360, 1.41M)

WEG Bank AG is a german bank in which Team Nimiq owns a 9.9% of the shares and it will be support Nimiq OASIS (OpenAssetSwapInteractionScheme).

OASIS will enable fiat to directly behave like a token on the blockchain, making stablecoins and payment processors like Bitpay completely obsolete because SEPA would be directly accessible without needing any CEX.

In simple words it means that OASIS is the missing link between the traditional financial system and the crypto system.

Team Nimiq already formalised the design of the layer with Fiducia GAD IT AG and should release something by EOY.
OASIS will support BTC, ETH and NIM.

Attached: 3.jpg (376x228, 27K)

Trinkler Software is a company created by Reto Trinkler and Andrea Castiglione. Reto Trinkler is one of the founder of Melonport and is a board member of the Web3 Foundation (the foundation behind Polkadot, Parity and Substrate).

Short story they are developing trade.telegraph, a Cryptocurrency trading message board that will work in synergy with Nimiq OASIS.

But more importantly they are developing with Team Nimiq a new Proof of stake BFTalgorithm called Albatross.

Albatross is able to reach the theoretical maximum of on-chain transaction (1000 - 10 000 tps) and Nimiq will probably adopt it by next year.

>arxiv.org/pdf/1903.01589.pdf

Attached: 4.jpg (1200x628, 56K)

The Keyguard is in simple terms a way to store your private keys in the local storage of your browser, in an encrypted manner of course.

As a result it’s easy to spend your NIM online while not relying on a third-party without having to rely on an extension like Metamask.

It allows you to sign arbitrary messages too, this could be used by websites to let users identify themselves by a Nimiq account instead of asking for a login, a lot like they let you use your google/facebook account to do so, simply more private.

Attached: 5.png (1200x336, 67K)

>Nano nodes

As already told, Nimiq let you run a node directly into your web browser.
To allow a browser to be directly part of the network Nimiq relies on what are called Nano nodes in parallel of Full nodes and Light Nodes. These nodes rely on Non-Interactive Proofs of Proof-of-Work (NiPoPoW).
This means that you simply don’t need SPV nodes to process payments like other cryptocurrencies, this reinforces decentralisation and privacy.
These nodes communicate with the rest of the network through WebRTC and Websocket.

Attached: 6.png (782x448, 46K)

>Cross-chain support

Nimiq aims to be a pure payment protocol and not a smart-contract platform, the goal here is to avoid overloading the chain as much as possible and focus on one task to be the best at it instead of trying do everything.
However benefiting from SC functionalities is still considered something very important, that’s why as of today Nimiq already supports atomic swap with Ethereum thanks to Hashed Time Lock Contracts.

Attached: 7.png (220x358, 11K)

>Checkout

Nimiq Checkout allows users to pay directly from their browser without having to open a dedicated portfolio application.
The signed transaction is returned but also sent directly to the network, allowing developers to create stores without access to a third-party Nimiq node or even build fully client-side store solutions.

Attached: last.png (600x753, 70K)

>Supply

Total supply: NIM 21 billions
Total pre-mine: 2.52 billions NIM separated into:
- Pre-mine for ICO participants : 1.05 billions NIM
- Team Nimiq + early contributors + Foundation: 1.52 billions NIM
Supply evolution: nimiq.mopsus.com/supply
Supply distribution: metrics.nimiqx.com/supply

Fuck off with your miner scam shill

>built from scratch around web browsers

Holy shit that sounds horrible. What could go wrong?

Fuck off scammer

Friendly reminder that while nimiq is quite a comfy project and comfy long-term hold, it will most certainly miss most of the bull market and having large position in it is basically writing "i hate money" on your face.

What the fuck you even talking about retard?

Literally genius idea brainlet, there is fuck all to install and chrome is probably the most secure consumer oriented software on the planet.

Nimiq is an absolute top tier project, you will be btfo once it snowballs.

Just bought 100k more at tradesatoshi
my portafolio looks good
Thank you nimiq and tradesatoshi for let me buy this amazing coin so cheap

Try it safe.nimiq.com/?onboarding=signup and tell me it's not smooth, takes 20sc and no mail.
If you do it and post your address I will send you some NIM.

Attached: images.jpg (270x187, 8K)

Based Nimanon killing FUDsters with kindness.

Meant

nimlets

i was on board with nim before the devs wanted to move to PoS. POW is a proven time tested method. PoS hasn't even been proven to work.

What are your problems with PoS?

How long will the team continue development for before they run out of ico funds. Also is there any plans to continue support for this once the ico dries up.

He wants nimiq to never scale.

They have enough to keep developing for few more years.
After that I guess they will pay support it with the foundation nimbucks.