Was on Jow Forums when you could mine 50 Bitcoin without effort just with the default wallet using just CPU

>was on Jow Forums when you could mine 50 Bitcoin without effort just with the default wallet using just CPU
>own no Bitcoin

Attached: 53486.jpg (649x603, 31K)

Feel your pain, user

now you're on Jow Forums where you can buy chainlink for under $2

Attached: yummylink.png (2293x1818, 3.81M)

I owned bitcoin at $240 a coin user. Feelsbadman

why did you not buy it when it was 10 dollars 20 50 60 70 100 150 200 300?
Did you think it was going down or what was your thought process.

I curse everyday I realize I didnt know about bitcoin during the early days. Then I remember I could have been in your shies and feel better. Sorry user, there might be another chance for you to make it.

At the time $10 honesty seemed ridiculous. Even $1 was laughable. The fact it was so easy to mine fed those feelings. It felt absolutely worthless.

You could get hundreds of Bitcoin by posting Sharpie in ass pics on Jow Forums... You can even find them in the archive if you go back far enough

You'd have sold at $10 anyway, like almost everybody

what's worse is the people who spent millions on a couple tabs of LSD. I myself spent what is now $50k to rent a seedbox for a couple months.

>people not realizing that in a few years these threads will still exist but instead of bitcoin at $10, it'll be bitcoin at $10k

Yep. Any every other shitcoin as well.

"Remember when QNT was $4? Fuck"

btw I bought btc in 2013 pretty cheap but didn't Make It (yet). There are 100 ways you'd fuck up between then and now. What kind of delusional madman would hold huge amounts of cone for years and years like that?

If it's any consolation you would have sold them all at $100 like a cuck :^)

>tfw zoomer so was too young to make it from btc or even eth

Heh, I can't even imagine the regret you boomers must feel. You can still save yourselves with link though.

Attached: 1560618796335.png (1765x966, 1.61M)

Unironically, I told CSW that he's creating a ponzi and never touched BTC until I started trading.

you could buy BSV right now for $200
but youre gonna fuck up that up too, arent you

Same here, but unlike you I stopped being a stupid nocoiner in 2016.

You have nothing to regret, you are simply too stupid to understand Bitcoin's value proposition and you are stupid to this day.
Stupid people are meant to be poor.

Attached: 1455203290267.png (371x461, 231K)

Same here but all i cared about back then was video games. To top it off I had 4000 EUR in February 2016 and i just squandered it all on travel and overpriced food.

>The fact it was so easy to mine fed those feelings

This, there were so many coins out there. You wouldn't expect one to be worth 8k later.

Hindsight is 20/20, I too hate my past self though
>t. Spammed the fuck out of a-ads with traffic programs to get like 20 btc, spent all on steam games

People have no idea how weird and shady the idea looked back then. Even when the price was +1k for a bitcoin. How dense do you have to be and think it would go to 20k?

Dont beat yourself up too much. Anybody who says they saw it coming is lying.

soon we will see threads like
>i wan on Jow Forums when you could get link for $1.6

Wrong, people like Trace Mayer have been bullish and explicit about Bitcoins potential since $0.02 per BTC. You are just a typical stupid ignoramus who will say rich Bitcoiners got lucky.

Bitcoin will cause the biggest butthurt of all time and will expose vast majority of people for what they are, absolute fucking morons.

Attached: 1455226641503.jpg (720x404, 20K)

I'm also late to the party, but I'm going to start putting 5% of my income into BTC every month. Better late than never.

Should I download the entire blockchain, or is that overkill?

mostly this.
he was probably fudding back then saying its was a botnet or some retarded shit.
stupid people stupid mistakes

Imagine watching the threads be shilled for months on end and then googling it when it was $1 per and deciding not to mine after downloading the software because you couldn’t figure out how to create a wallet

Kill me

>Bitcoin will cause the biggest butthurt of all time and will expose vast majority of people for what they are, absolute fucking morons.
based and kekpilled
(i thought the pic was a sharpie-in-butt)

Everyone has this shit. I joined a mining pool early 2013 because I had free electricity and a great computer. "Nah, need to focus on my phd, need my rig for simulations".

In hindsight those were some fucking expensive simulations.

dayum, i feel your pain.
i mean, ur talking about the cli wallet, right? not the gui... if ur talking about the gui just kys.

Yes cli, i’m talking 2009 status.

“How is this worth money” was the first thought that entered my head, i had no idea it actually WAS money

I remember coming across Bitcoin in 2011 as I was playing around with Tor and had a look at the Silk Road. Didn't really seem at the time like it'd be anything other than something to buy drugs online with.

>was on /b/ all the time in high school
>constantly saw posts where people post their bitcoin addresses
>assumed bitcoin was either a scam/illegal currency for darkweb
>spent all my money on video games and drugs
>finally invest in 2017 and it's during the biggest bubble crypto has ever seen

Same but I would have sold at like 10$ so nbd really

What percentage of your income are you guys that missed out putting into bitcoin now?

Are you price averaging? Playing with shitcoins? What are the old fags that missed out doing?

Personally i’m buying about $20,000 per year, bitcoin only, daily dollar cost averaging

this but i let my friend have custody (since i didnt know what I was doing yet and he did) and he fucking an heroed

How do you buy that much spread out in small amounts?
Do you use a bank card, and if so, how do you anonymise it?

You had literally 10 YEARS to do something and did nothing.

Attached: 1135214874.jpg (304x412, 48K)

I just buy a small amount daily depending on if it’s looking cheap or expensive, usually between $20-$100 per day. Cuckbase.

I’m just withdrawing to bitcoin core and then putting larger amounts on a hardware wallet. Not really caring for anonymity at the moment. Just buying for long term holding and to use as a currency 10+ years from now.

yeah and I was the guy who shat up the bitcoin beg threads with spiderman spam where anons were being gifted a few hundred for making OP laugh
I was in full denial and the thought of seeing yet another faggot mention crypto triggered me so much that I refused to read absolutely anything about crypto up until when ETH got announced and I told myself "ok, time to fix what my retarded brain missed out on" but I lost interest again and completely forgot about it until it was too late

the truth is that even if this shit makes me want to kms, I probably would've sold either of them at a minor profit to finance my alcoholism

Attached: 1541654962654.jpg (853x552, 73K)

minig btc in early days was a pain in the ass. And almost impossible with a cpu. Check early bitcointalk post.

2/10 larping OP and everyone regret mining btc at the beginning

these are the same people fudding BSV right now
youll get BTFO TWICE. dont say we didnt warn you.

You either would have sold at $20 or would have held through the 20k top to sell at 3.2k afterwards and do some stupid fomo shit now.

man i remember when btc was like 200 bucks and feeling sad because i couldnt buy any since poor highschooler

Kill yourself pajeet

You can mine monero.

thank you lord breivik

I was a poor high school and college student originalfren, in deep (ideologically) since before the infamous BTC Pizzas on Jow Forums.

I had mined 0.1BTC on my incredibly shitty Dell Inspiron and even with back of the napkin math I'd be making at max a couple BTC a year on the thing in a pool.

I remember it being used on the still up Silk Road, and shitting my pants when a friend told me in weights class that BTC was worth $30, with a fucking $ in front of it. I made him sell at $120. Mt Gox wasn't that much later, relatively speaking

I was full sell on the idea though for all of late highschool and early college though even mid and post-gox, I just had no fucking money once there was a decent on-ramp to buy Bitcoin back at $300.

I would not shut up about Bitcoin to people, giving them 6 hour lectures that I'd distilled and hardened from explaining over and over, eventually starting the cryptocurrency club at my college. I did a friend a favor to the tune of a few BTC to buy some shit online, and he paid me on venmo, which I was rightly concerned at the time would force a few days long wait.

It did.

It never once came meaningfully under my price again, instant moon after several months in the few hundred dollar range. At that point I'd profited maybe $1k total lifetime, which is the most money I'd ever had anyway.

I knew there were altcoins, but we called all of them shitcoins when shitpost still meant shit content nobody wants to see, and shitcoins still were shit projects nobody wanted part of. There was BTC, LTC, DOGE, and then experimental deep cuts like Namecoin and fucking Auroracoin, and nobody cared about those.

>continued

Attached: 1557169214860.jpg (565x425, 57K)

>continued

So my friend, one of the only ones who at least HEARD me, tells me about the Ethereum Meetup in Chicago, we decide to go. I know what smart contracts are at the time, but I know of them in the original BTC sense, with colored coins and that kind of bullshit. Bitlending, at max. We decide to go, but our stoner asses are late and also get lost on the way there and then a homeless guy tries to sell us fake coke (literally a wad of empty Saran wrap), and we oblige him long enough to get rid of the guy without losing any money. We finally find the place, there's maybe 20 people, we're the youngest ones in attendance (21), and we missed the whole event. We have beers and talk about crypto and decide to find out more.

Very briefly later, the DAO hack happens. Shitcoin confirmed, I stop caring again.

So my brother tried to sell me on Antshares some time later, no thanks, the name is stupid and also I've heard this one before. I'm back to a BTC maximalist. He makes a shitload of money on NEO and I make a modest couple k in BTC after I find out about binance. I get a ton of people to buy in BNB real early when the site still wasn't bot central and you could get away with manual arbitrage between BTC/ETH/BNB markets by fucking hand.

I lose at most of my swing trades and cut profits around the early retraction from $20K BTC.

I now have a real job with a $70k salary, great benefits, and no student debt. I bought 1BCH and a few eth back during the very bottom of the last dip, and I'm trading about $1200 right now. For the first time in my life I have an amount of money I can throw at this shit instead of being poor. But the price action came after moving states to my first apartment and self funding the entire furnishing of it plus my grocery budget etc.

The final(?) moon mission started a fraction too soon, I'm in for 0.1BTC, 1BCH, 1ETH, 1LTC.

I had other shit, but Binance is spooking me right now.

>end

Attached: received_313905799528988.jpg (410x411, 16K)

>Epilogue

75% of the people I spent the better part of a decade telling about Bitcoin had loose money or fast computers just sitting around and refused to engage until $10k+ suddenly happened.

I've always been more interested in the political reasons for uncensorable money, even/especially as a dirty stinky Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communist.

But it still sucks to miss the boat despite intent. I don't feel bad about missing the boat during the days of pizza, just about not getting to load up in 2013 coinbase era at the very minimum, though I had a few coins at the time.

Everyone I got into BNB sold well under a dollar after a minor dip, and yelled at me for wasting their money.

Attached: SxJXeTT.png (680x680, 339K)

All in on link for redemption

$0.33, newfag. LINK being a stablecoin at $0.33 is an old meme

I'm a Hardline BCH fundamentalist with a few shitty ICOs and tokens in offline wallets

>You could get hundreds of Bitcoin by posting Sharpie in ass pics on Jow Forums...

Imagine being a millionaire because you posted a picture of your ass with a pen in it a few years ago on the internet

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Shill me on Link, especially after KYC, that wasn't very stinky

Hardly anyone really expected it to be worth more than half of the worlds countries fiat

You still can buy LINK

nigger i mined ~1.4 BTC in a single night on my HD 5850, checked the price of 1.x $ and figured "wow this scammy shit isn't worth the electricity."

didn't even transfer it from the mining pool site to a wallet

I made a thread on Jow Forums inquiring about the oldfags who mined crypto, they all either lost it, spent it on drugs, or sold it at $100 or something. the attrition rate is VERY high

>was on /b/ when bitcoin was introduced
>remember seeing threads for YEARS and never clicking into any

And now I don't have any money to buy with and I'll miss the ride to 6 figs lmao.

Why I don’t get is why so many Jow Forums cucks SEETHE’d at crypto. I got in around 2012 because I love cryptography and I STILL think BTC is the most interesting thing I’ve seen done with computers in a decade if not more. Meanwhile Jow Forums would rather autistically debate video cards or Linux distros. I suspect it’s because psueds like to know a large amount of very shallow topics like PC specs since it makes them feel smart when they don’t have the energy to learn a lot about ONE topic (like ring signatures or ZK proofs)

Remember the hysteria when BTC went from $1.25 to $2.50?

I spent what would be a hundred million on that and a few other things. Talk about regret

It's not hitting 10k

Yes it's true, most Jow Forums are kids who want to debate intel vs amd or some inane shit like that, if crypto would have started being shilled in /v/ instead of Jow Forums more anons would have joined it at the right time

different user, but you've got to understand several things
it wasn't a consistent rise
it was only traded peer-to-peer on or exchanges that looked straight out of the last century from randos
it was only used for drugs or crime. the "store of value" narrative is relatively new, and half of it is an attempt after the fact to requalify bitcoin now that it's functionally useless
the whole space was heavily manipulated (still is now)
basically the fundamentals were shit then, and are a little more shit now. but this is clownworld, and to be honest the real economy manages to degrade faster than bitcoin

Spidernon BTFO by crypto - so there IS a god