Answer this:

Why is inflation so low?

Attached: 04F9A657-65A5-441D-8C1E-991729B143C7.jpg (420x250, 25K)

sometimes it just gets low, then it gets higher, then lower
Who cares?

Because they're importing huge amounts of brown people to buy the excess goods from free gibs.

>reported inflation

Is it really though, everyting in shops and energy keeps going up like 10% each year

No. It is abnormally low and all inflation targets have been missed.

Is it possible we are measuring incorrectly? I have a hunch this is the actual case but struggle to point to what is wrong with CPI.

because interest rates were increased, duh?

depends how you measure inflation retard

the real stuff is getting more expensive

stupid shit like price of cheap phone goes down who gives a fuck. zomg price of margarine poison xxl chemical castrator went down so what.

They just keep changing the calculation inputs and weights. According to the current formula, a dollar is worth almost the same as it was in the 70's. Plausible?

You can't actually measure inflation with calculations based on gdp and all that bullshit they do. You just need to look at cost price indexes of products that don't change price much over time. Going by that, we're at around 12% inflation per year and it's climbing fast.

Preach! I've started growing my own food for yhis reason

There is not need to overcomplicate things, it's just like shitcoins, inflation means more currency in circulation that's it.

This retard doesn't actually know how they measure inflation, topkek

The measure has changed multiple times since the fed went off the gold standard in the 70’s

Are you brainlets retarded? It’s been rigged for a while now and it’s an open secret.

1. It doesn’t measure real estate prices, but rent prices that are toggled with in a bullshit way

2. Doesn’t account for price increases in new innovative goods that can be replaced by old ones. So if a new radio or jacket is more expensive than an old one, but with more “features”, there’s no inflation

3. Basket of goods itself is bullshit

Look round you. Coffee is $3 now. 30 years ago that was the price of a full meal.

Inflation is real and it’s trickling down from the feds QE FAST. They know this and realized a return to some sort of metallic standard will be necessary

To make good goys invest in stocks

inflation mongering is a meme by boomers to sell you shiny rocks. we've had lowest inflation rates the last decades and these morons still cry about muh printing muh vuvuzella

Correct, the official measurements are deliberately missing the inflation. Look at the price of productive assets (stocks, bonds, housing/land) to find it. They have the appearance of being asset bubbles but when the bubble bursts the owners of these assets will have completed the wealth transfer. It is the currency itself which has lost its purchasing power.

imagine being this dumb. Inflation rate is literally one of the few indicators you can't fake. All data are publicly available to everyone. Also, inflation rate by itself is meaningless, it must be adjusted to the increase of wages to have any meaning. Just because your grandpa was buying a car for a nickel doesn't mean he was rich its because his yearly salary was 8 cents

I got some mcdonalds coupons in the mail, a few year ago 2 could dine for $10.99 now it's $12.59 or some shit

Attached: 1500246648018.png (583x608, 366K)

nigger

Attached: 2018-10-02_12-52-44_0.jpg (890x473, 58K)

so are you saying they should have invested in the dow instead of putting their money under the mattress?

Clearly we have to look at alternative measures of inflation to understand what’s happening. Clearly something is fucked and the inflation rate might be a shit indicator at present. My guess is inflation and unemployement rates are diverting attention away from where the real leak / problem is.

Seems like a lot of people in here buy the present narrative of low inflation. My question is do you think this is a good indicator of economic health in the US and other developed countries?

given that the policy of central banks is to steal all wealth from savers by creating inflation and blowing up asset bubbles, yes, they could have done that. buying shiny rocks is fine too of course

Attached: 1554737685862.jpg (1500x966, 251K)

It's not low. Inflation has been in-fucking-sane in the last 10-15 years. Just look at homes at car prices.

because I bought high!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Attached: 32453211.jpg (225x224, 6K)

classic retard boomer mentality

putting your money under the mattress is NOT savings. Investing your money is savings

inflation rate is like 3%, if you can't invest and make more than 3% annual profit you are retarded and deserve to lose your money anyway

low?

A burger menu was 5.30$ in 2008 not its 7.90$ that is like a 40% rate in ten years.

I don’t say this from my perceived perception I say this from the economic data provided.

wow it's almost like all of those things fit the narrative that inflation stays at a steady 3% pace largely in line with wages, and the people complaining about it are poorly educated stagnant losers

Inflation isnt even a serious issue. Its just what all the chicken little doom gloomers are obsessed with. My dollar is worth exactly what it was 10 years ago.

This isn’t a complaint, it’s a question. Are you capable of answering it?

$5.30 with only 3.6% inflation per year comes to around $7.85 after 11 years.

learn to do math, also learn how to cook instead of buying overpriced junk food

Why is it lower than expected. Stop applying your opinion to the question and attempt to answer it.

>he doesn't comprehend how a compounding rate works
that comes out to an annualized rate of... wait for it...

3%

money worth less after time because time=money

if you put your money under the mattress instead of investing them this is opportunity loss, thats why u get inflation

Your question is a loaded one.
By what standard do you proclaim inflation to be "high" or "low"?
If you mean in the decade following the global financial crisis, inflation has remained "lower that typical" for a myriad of reasons you could easily find on the internet

but according to William Bernstein, the central "interest rate" of stable civilizations has historically regressed around a mean of 4%, meaning inflation is a point or two below that

If inflation is so low, how come rents are going up 10% every year?

t. Landlord

Wait, if its lower than expected then why are you doomglooms so upset? Clearly it isnt a serious issue to regular day americans.

Because unemployment is ATH

inflation doesn't include housing

Attached: 5fd.png (165x115, 5K)

Someone has the balls to attempt an answer.

The FED has failed to meet their inflation target year over year for a while now. This is my standard of low vs high. It appears to be lower than desired.

Oh hey Paul! How’s your wife’s son? How’s that wall back yon of your house? Because you’ll be stood against it soon enough you thief

Attached: 1A8BE049-ECDB-45B7-97CE-5D1A843EF9B2.jpg (600x412, 84K)

t.retard
learn basic economics before embarrassing yourself, consumer price index doesn't include housing

>getting this angry because someone points out you don't even know ECON 101 definitions.

Refugees fleeing from war torn countries as a direct result of US interventionist warhawk policies is "importing huge amounts of brown people" You're a proper shithead if you believe the lies you're spouting.

Not angry at all; just happy to see the likes of strung up for thieving from working people, then trying to justify it on a Moldovan Pipandry Board. Are you threatened by that too? Does crypto make you wake sweating in the night? It should. The money you’ve been taking is getting ever harder to steal

It wasn't an opinion dumbass, its a fact. You got called out of being retard with 0 economic knowledge now you spew memes, well done dumb kiddo

You are dumb as fuck. Most of the migrants are not from us war areas. Even the ones that are could have stopped in first non war country along the way.

They didn't.

You are going to die next to your nigger pets when the time comes. The price you will pay for trying to destroy your own people is your life.

because you likely rent a single detached property and the local property prices have risen proportionally

maybe you should be less stupid, retard

You're proper gay