Why are the high paying careers the most cucked, wageslave-y ones?

why are the high paying careers the most cucked, wageslave-y ones?

>engineering/CS
>academia/college prof
>research scientist
>medicine
>law
>accounting
>finance

literally all of these are basically hell on earth. you throw away all of your free time and spend years studying. honestly feel like high school dropouts who just become truckers are happier because they have much easier lives. or retail managers. or art students that just work in museums for 40-50k/year. or education majors that coast through college and teach 7th graders shit they learned 15 years ago.

Attached: 1554754022822.jpg (593x830, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All those careers are awesome if you enjoy the work. You know the point of life isn't to sit around sucking air through your fat face doing nothing, right?

>tfw you are at the edge of human knowledge
>tfw you make a discovery and are literally the first human ever to know something, and feel like fucking prometheus
>tfw you are a leader of men and take care of your people
>tfw your students and trainees look up to you for advice and guidance
>tfw you are loved by everyone your work with

Get your shit together user. You know how you're depressed all the time? It's because you're worthless and aren't doing work that you love.

Props to the photographer - my first thought would not have been to get out and walk down the road for a snappysnap

you really have an inflated sense of self-importance user.

you literally copy and pasted this from that accounting thread

I got accepted to top 5 computer engineering school. Dropping out after 1st year. Thank God for parents who paid my $50k/yr tuition + room and board. I started an online homework service this past thanksgiving and started making 2-4K /month lmao. Education is a meme

Dubs confirmed lmfao. Check me plz ... 18 yrs old atm... should I abandon school and hope my 500 stinkies pays off?

Busdriver user here. I speak with people from all those fields daily- and let me tell you.. they are all miserable

This user is correct tho about leading humanity no doubtBut, its high level wage slave till you start your own practice or freelance your own busniess. I myself was a PM/software dev postion and i hated it. BTC made me a millionare now i work easy 40 hrs and no stress comes home with me.. in 5 years ill axe this job too and move to montana.

But trust me they are good careers but holy fuck you aint gonna be "happy" thats a mindset bros ; you make it on your own.

Attached: Screenshot_20190524-150328_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 1.07M)

Every single wageslave is in a hopeless hell... get paid for exchanging time for money is not living... it's stasis. No exceptions, don't pass Go, don't collect $200.

>b-b-but what about memejobs like STEM or trades

Nope. Trades are especially memey because they break your body and eyes after 20 years of work and your coworkers are most likely 90 IQ drones.

The only choice is own a corporation and/or be an investor or do a job that pays for performance like a CEO, Realtor, etc... but those only pay enough to be worth it if you're in the upper crust of the industries.

Attached: perfection.jpg (872x1016, 221K)

>aren't doing work that you love

Still haven't found this...at this point I don't even think it exists. Trading is the only "job" so far that literally doesn't make me wanna kill myself out of boredom.

Programming is literally the easiest job there is. I'm in the office for around 30 hours a week, and half of that is either spent in useless meetings or eating the free food.

>30 hours a week

Yeah but you program in your free time. No one is going to fucking hire someone who only programs 30 hours a week at his job lol. That's not how it works and that's a dumb and dangerous meme.

What the fuck are you talking about? When I get home I watch anime and play Fortnite. I'm not going to waste my precious free time programming.

It takes a very long time and a lot of personal sacrifice to cope yourself into this mindset, but it's still bullshit.

Why larp on an anonymous anime/meme forum? It's obvious you're lying lol.

Why do you assume that anything outside of your world view is larping?

Or wait, you might get hired for "diversity" but that only works if you're not a white male.

>I'm in the office
>"Yeah but you program in your free time"
How fucking retarded are you?

Tell me why they hired you then?

I don't know what is so confusing about that? Maybe learn to read first?

Because I answered all the interview questions well.

A job, by design will strangle your love for anything. The people that "love their job" are always perpetually perky people and would've probably enjoyed being a literal slave (yes, there's plenty of literature suggesting this was true).

So you don't really want to answer the question, ok. What a surprise lol.

What do you mean? If you aren't a bitter idiot you would know that hiring decisions are based on interview performance.

So you're saying your CV has nothing to do with it? Who's the idiot here again lol?

Attached: Brainlet4.jpg (388x319, 18K)

That wasn't the reason I was hired.

Daily reminder 99% of you should read this editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

At least look at the surrogate activities sections.

damn bro you really stuck it to the man and proved education is a meme by dropping out and making 24k a year

Attached: 1520457594464.jpg (1000x800, 57K)

holy shit all of this projection and we arent even in the movie theatre

I love people shitting on CS all of a sudden. People are salty as fuck. I'm a programmer and made $150k last year working 35hr/week. I'm not even a good programmer. Often I don't feel like working so I just tell my boss I'm working on a bug and its a tough one, but I really solved it last week and just take the day off. Its a salaried job so they don't give a fuck when you come and go just that you can move tasks across this board we call a "kanban board" which is like this kindergarten level thing where you track what everyone is working on, and give people points when you complete tasks. I just sandbag the shit out of everything I'm working on, inflating the points, and make sure the code I write is obscure and hard to read so I'm the only one that can maintain it. Everyone does this. Only problem is most days we hit the bars at 2-3pm and that can't be good for my liver. Love sitting outside in the summer making the equivalent of $70-80 to drink beer watching construction workers across the street bust their ass like you wouldn't believe. So glad I didn't fall for the college-is-a-meme meme or I'd be stuck out there with them.

well barely anyone out of college with a bachelors can even get work. if hes making 24 k a year with no schooling at the age of 18-20 who can imagine what he could do in a few years

I won't lie being you sounds nice. However as the trades man busting his ass across the street, the beer I drink after a hard day of work tastes better than the beers on the weekend. Still it does sound nice to get paid to drink

I found the happy medium.

>biochemistry + molecular bio undergrad
>doing environmental work innawoods

No way in hell am I going to confine myself to a lonely lab setting. I get to go outside and work in a lab. Best of both worlds.

Problem is that shit just doesn't exist anywhere else than larps on the internet. In reality programming is one of the most cucked jobs that exists, where you're expected to basically work without pay on your free time aswell, just like OP mentioned.

>the point of life isn't to sit around sucking air through your fat face doing nothing
heh, hardly mate
>insert random alt right delusions
you haven't worked a single day in your entire life

>coping this hard

>it's coping when someone calls you out on your bullshit

Cope more bro.

No bullshit here. Keep on projecting.

Your id is literally a blue pill. Top fucking kek.

If you're working for somebody else and they're paying you a lot of money for a linear use of your time, that job sucks or else they wouldn't be paying you a lot.

I'm "enjoying" risk mgmt. It's kinda cushy. Not exactly low stress, but it pays bills and then some. Good field in this economy. Not so sure about 20 years.

Nah there’s plenty of times I fall short and fuck up, and there’s plenty of people better than me in my field. But it’s ok to be a little romantic about your work now and then. If not, why are you doing it?Your job should be a source of joy. If you hate work, you should try and find what makes you happy and do that if it isn’t too late.

This. He hasn't taken the Buddhist-pill yet

It's not even that the jobs suck. There's a race to the bottom with regard to labor cost and it's fucking up entire industries.

>who can imagine what he could do in a few years
Keep making 24k a year while his friends get actual jobs

>he doesn’t know the vast majority of academic jobs are adjunct.
Profs make like 10k/year

That isn't true for myself, but it's important to understand you will never be happy 100% of the time. It's impossible and completely unnatural. We've been fed the idea that if you're not always happy and comfortable something is wrong. Moments of strife and hardship are what ultimately make life worth living.

This was the most obnoxious shit I've read today. Just sit down and shut the fuck up. Another face in the crowd flaps its gums.

Are you so far gone into misery that you think anyone happy is just cope?

It takes a very long time and a lot of personal failure to drag yourself into that mindset, but it’s still bullshit.

I genuinely love what I do because I thought of what I wanted to do in life, then worked towards doing it. I succeeded enough that it’s my job. Why wouldn’t you be happy if you were doing all the stuff you dreamed of doing? Isn’t that what anons always talk about when they ‘make it’?

Work that you love is one of the most durable sources of happiness there is in life. It’s worth trying to find what makes you happy to do.

Because those are the things most people don’t want to (and sometimes can’t) do. Supply and demand.

> Bluepill ID
Meme magic is unironically real.

I am finishing PhD and not feeling like pursuing academic career, I fucking hate writing papers. Feels that I wasted a lot of time, anons. But at least I learned a decent amount of programming during research, which is a valuable skill outside the academic world.

Literally nothing I said is alt-right. I’m a scientist and I work hard bc I love what I do, and take care of all my peeps. It feels great when people depend on you, and you help people achieve their life goals too. Fucking circle of life man.

Make me you faggot. Thx for the (You)