Tell Jow Forums the truth user, why are you poor?

Tell Jow Forums the truth user, why are you poor?

>HARD MODE:
Don't blame anyone but yourself.

Attached: 1139955.jpg (612x612, 93K)

fell for the college meme

Didn't inherit anything, so have to work my way up to 7 figures.

Because I chose short term pleasure over pursuit of long term goals. Don't be like me.

I'm not poor. Only reason I don't have tons of money floating around is being in a high COL area. but still 6 figures at 27 isn't bad, and if I play my cards right I should be getting another 50-70k bump in salary within a year or so.

What kind of short term pleasure are you talking about??

who is this goon

i got pretty depressed for a couple years, stopped working, closed a business, blew through all my cash, kinda checked out. came back but that couple year gap really set me back.

I'm rich but I could have been a lot richer if Ihad been more decisive. I 've wasted a lot of time thinking about going to college vs. not going to college, should I go with major Y or Z (and then switching for Y to Z later on), should I move to country Q and follow my dreams there or play it safe etc.

Sometimes it's better to make a (somewhat) quick decision than spending months/years making sure you aren't making the wrong decision (and then it sometimes ends up being the wrong decision anyway).

Haven't gotten a proper career yet

is that a gains goblin

I'm not poor, I just haven't cashed out my assets.

I’m not poor, but I’m absolutely middle class. Unimpressive salary, crappy house, shit car. I mean I get by, but the reason I haven’t made it is because I’m a coward. I have 0 risk tolerance. I’m scared to lose a dime.

This for me too. Felt like I had to go, even though I wasn't ready and wasn't conscious of how much money I was truly spending. It's an expensive lesson, but I now understand how crushing debt can be, and am mostly trying to make money from crypto so I can live debt free and help my family pay off debt. Any money I make on top of that is cool, but not needed. Don't take on debt you don't need to frens... The expensive car cant transport you any better, the prestigious school won't make you a more determined person, etc. It sounds like a meme, but it truly all comes from within. Good luck to everyone in this thread, I hope you all make it

fell for the college meme. about to fall for the wagie meme to make up for it

yea i mean im not in debt from going to school because i worked beforehand before deciding to commit to it, but its going to take a while before we see the value of it pay off in terms of lost time in school

I have autism and depression and live in high unemployment shithole. Plus I wasted what little I managed to make trading in a failed shitcoin, I barely have the energy to get up in the morning anymore.

I'm poor because I racked up several felonious criminal convictions when I was 18. Remember kids, in America there are no second chances so whatever you do, do it within the law.
That said I accumulate several hundred grand in crypto so it could be worse.

Unfortunately I fell for the private college meme, so I paid more than I needed to. I know what you mean though. It's made to seem that college guarantees a good job right away, but it's rarely the case

yea i wouldnt have gone to school if it wasnt affordable(like 4.5 a semester) and if I wasnt in a pretty good area for my field

Definitely not poor, but it could be better...
>stubborn about school
>dont believe in going into massive debt for a university to sell me a package deal
>aka: if I want say a business degree, I cant bring myself to get roped into also taking math, chemistry, "electives," I only want biz classes
>have a load of credits but no degree due to this
That and having expensive tastes in relation to my hobbies, and a gf... No debt tho.

Attached: adv1-novitec-aventador-26.jpg (750x406, 123K)

Poor because I am retarded. Getting wealthier now as I am becoming less retarded as time goes by.

Just sounds like you've been sheltered your whole life user.

Poor choices, drug addiction and mental health. But i'm a mad cunt who always pulls through in the end, 100k + stinkies. Phoenix rising. Gg Jews.

my fuckups in chronological order

>because I let the breakup with my first girlfriend send me into a downward spiral rather than motivate me at 16
>because I spent all my savings on weed at 18, including large amounts of BTC when it was because I floundered an opportunity in the ADF just because I thought I couldn't quit heroin/benzos at 20
>because I allowed a manipulative whore to use me for all my money after finishing my chef's apprenticeship at 22
>because I'm an idiot that hasn't been medicated for severe ADHD because I'm too scared/lazy to get diagnosed as an adult
>because I chase shitcoin gains in the hope of one day making it (25 now)

Trust fund babies get the rope soon

Oh I forgot to add

>because I was a reckless cunt as a teen and racked up over $7000 in speeding fines and $2000 in loans
>because I spent over $5000 on a shitbox VT Commodore for less than 200kw gain

Brought up by helicopter parents and Lethal combination.

this. I wish I got a GED at 14 years old instead of getting a MS in CS. biggest boomer scam there is

I'm literally a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. And I'm not even embarrassed. My parents are rich, but won't give me straight up money. They said they'd pay for education and things that get my life started. Now I am almost done with medical school, debt free. All of my living expenses are taken care of, they bought me a car, and as long as I keep my expenses reasonable, we trade. I export to excel my Quicken budget and financial situation, and they send me a lot of money. Soon I will be earning a lot of my own money, and I'll be able to do the same for my kid(s?).

someone should feed that linky piece of shit

haha im going for a MS in CS user, but only because i can earn it in the same amount of time as a Bachelors because some weird post-bacc program im in, should i not do it?

Unmotivated my whole life.
It might be depression, but dont want to self diagnose.
I'll just hope it goes away.

I is a po' boy because I never learned how to use money properly, and piss it away on useless junk instead of putting it back to use for me. I'm in the midst of rectifying those oversights now.

Not sure how that's supposed to make me sound sheltered. I pay my own way to learn the shit I want to learn. If anything, that's more freedom.
Definitely do not have a trust fund. My parents both still work into their late 50s/early 60s.
Y-yall just j-jelly of my green ID and dubs!

Why do people go to college without scholarships? If I had to take on debt, or rely on handouts from my parents I wouldn't have gone.

Epilepsy. I was the only one who inherited it in my family from my grandfather. I take risks/chances constantly though, but I have a hard time retaining information due to it damaging the brain in the area that affects memory (except long term memory).

Soon I'm going to have to write down my crypto instructions in case I die randomly during one of my annual seizures so that one of my friends can inherit the crypto and maybe make something great out of himself (he's an unmotivated lazy neet who never likes to take chances).

Attached: 1559887256063.png (640x360, 83K)

I did not buy crypto in the lows. I have one chance to get it right with Ravenprotocol IDO at binance dex. Time to get out the poor house.

Attached: Raven326.jpg (1082x614, 79K)

>tfw rich from inheritance
It's pretty great except for the being ugly and autistic part.

homebake

Obviously not sex lmao

im boomer poor so can't get above the curve, no house, will have to rent forever, cant save because of that, and will die of an illness by 70 since amerifat doesnt believe in healthcare or retirement. hopefully some older, sicker non boomers will do something before then but i'm not counting on it and am prepared to die a painful pointless life

why dont you take THC? there are medications for that user

sold my bitcoin at 800 like an idiot

Dropped out of school to play vidya. Have no motivation, never had motivation. Severe ADD and OCD. Can't concentrate on things that matter. It's all my fault and I await

not poor. made it in 2017.

I have been directionless and lazy outside of my day jobs for as long as I can remember. Combined with a lack of self confidence that I never worked hard enough to fix resulting in a lack of marketable skills and now my huge family, this means I will likely always be poor. My only saving grace is that I love jobs that involve craftsmanship and physically demanding labor.

I'm not poor but I could make much more money than I have now but I choose not to because I live a very restrained lifestyle so I don't have to work hard to make lots of money

Too much of a coward to take any risks and leave my poorly paid job

>i've made all the wrong investment decisions. this next one will surely not fail though
kek

And what is it that you don't want to do a lot of to make more money?

Contract development work. It's too soul crushing making stuff that is useless/a detriment to society even if there is a nice paycheck that comes from it.

I got distracted by pussy.

Instead of studying to work on the vidya/animation industry I decided that It would be better to study Biology
Then again,I couldn't draw for shit when I had to make the decision and didn't like to study art that much
Alternatively I didn't buy BTC in 2013 when I was able

My country's currency is worth less than the brazilian real

I'm so scared of failing that I never try.

your parents weakened you

I'm not. But only because I won the birth lottery.

because of greed

Couldnt get a gf, so wasted all my money on prostitutes.

i'm going just finished first year but i'm already like 30k gbp in debt as I had to do a foundation year due to fucking about in college, was a spur of the moment thing to go, I didn't spend months applying like everyone else did. I was doing labouring over the summer and thought fuck it might aswell go. It's pretty hard to get a non meme job without a degree or experience

Attached: 71987721_p0.png (1447x2047, 1.57M)

do you work out? might sound like a meme but if you dont start working out after doing that for a few months I ended up feeling motivated to do stuff

Ignore this retard, working out doesn't help you feel better except maybe beginner gains which go away quick.

It gives you confidence and just makes you feel better in general. Stops you feeling like shit all the time, makes you more alert also

Attached: 72014999_p0.jpg (676x901, 429K)

How? Thanks to the opportunities they've given me, I'm doing and will do better than most on this website.

Entirely my own fault.
> Moved out at 17
> Best friend murdered at 18
> Fall into guilt fuelled depression
> Thousands in debt before I'm even 19
> 7 years of every drop of disposable income going to drugs
> Dropped out of school
> Moved 1000 miles away
Starting over in a new city, so I'll probably always be poor.

I am upper middle class. Not bad at 27. If you include my future LINK earnings I am a 1%er.

Hey Alec , you fucking nigger

I've yet to inherit.

>anxious and depressed teen playing vidya to cope
>stop going to classes, too anxious, drop out because I can't bear the stress of going
>through some miracle get a job
>save 20k, move out
>too anxious to keep working
>quit job
>penny pinch to stretch out funds
>they run out
>forced to get another job
>now attending school and dropping classes i've paid for, effectively pissing everything I frugally from this minimum wage job into the wind
>too anxious to see a doctor about this

Attached: 1527998757646.png (347x259, 91K)

I'm not a nigger, or from an Eastern European shithole where people are named Alec

Not poor, no brothers/sisters, middle class white family in Canada, so I didn't get raped by the fucking exploitative prices for University like you do in the States. I graduated with no debt because it was only 7-8k a year for an ivy league education here.

Father passed away and I asked my mom if I could have my name written on the deed to avoid land transfer tax. So technically I co-own my house now, worth over 1m bux

Link hasnt mooned yet. Soon as that happens I wont be poor anymore.

Me too.

Original debt was $60k and I have slaved it down to $12k over the last 4 years. I would have a house by now if that money weren't being taken. And college did not help my career even a small bit.

Its my own fault but I was surround by art fags for years who cared about nothing but gender identities while the last bull run was happening, missing it completely just by sheer lack of hear say. Biggest regret I will ever have.

I looked at btc again in 2014 when that bull run ended but only took it at face value and didn't know what to make of it. I was too busy chasing girls that never lasted and working on my art to care. I looked at traditional trading on like trading 212 back then but I never took it seriously. They even offer crypto trading now, go figure.

My industry of video game development is so loud about endorsing the new trends and being a bigger industry than music and movies by revenue but its all shits and giggles. I have to put on a show that I want to work and listen to the fags that make the latest releases but none of them know anything outside of their skill trade. It doesn't even cross their minds to open up a wallet and just buy some crypto until its December 2017 numbers again. Only THEN do they pay attention.

The irony is that some of them probably do hold crypto but don't talk about it, but most don't (especially the women). You've got to work with others and be collaborative in order to succeed but secretly be doing anything and everything you can to stay ahead of them. I blame myself for this too but I've been turned down for jobs BECAUSE I was more entrepreneurial and had some side gigs to make ends meet. They want your robotic undying attention to their projects and if they think you will in any way have any other serious interests they will keep you out for as long as they want. Meanwhile they are doing exactly what biz is doing now and looking outward to expand their wealth in secret, the boss types who have time to do that stuff.

I'll put on a show that I am a robot and willing to learn from them while simultaneously branching out in secret hoping one day I can quit and have them beg me to invest in their next game.

Was your dad proud of you before he died?

i cant get a job. Even piece of shit jobs that dont require resumes like taco bell and best buy ignore my applications

Fell for college.

Undiagnosed ADHD until I was 22, never learned life lessons until I was about 20, by which time I had already fucked up. Can't drive (failed for recklessness). Have quit over 15 jobs.

I make good money. I'm just not free and clear yet due to $60k in student loans.

I could blame the fact that I was born in an era where tuition has become ridiculous and my parents didn't want to help and FAFSA fucked me, etc. If we're going by hard mode, I could have easily settled for a slightly worse school that would have paid most of my schooling and gotten me the same kinds of jobs.

The real travesty is that high school teachers and advisors know literally nothing about how universities and the job market works and can't offer useful advice. What I needed was someone to mention that USNews rankings are largely shit and no one's going to care whether you went to #40 or #150 given the same major and a good GPA.

I'm depressed, not sociable, shut myself off to people and never participated enough in the past to make good connections.

Now, all of my self worth is around money. I would literally penny pinch and hold onto that shit in every way I can. I don't go out because travel and food costs money, so I never actually spend it.

To be fair, I'm unemployed too so investing and pissing away money isn't the best thing to do. I hate the person I am now, because money>experience.

I'm not poor because I work hard.

But I'm not rich because I didn't start caring about money until I lost a loved one and suddenly felt guilty for not having made enough money to take better care of her.

Tried to study Comp Sci at a good uni just because it was a good degree to have, and failed hard in my second year. Can't go back cause SFE won't give me another loan

>Literally don't know anyone that holds a professional and decent paying job that isn't in healthcare (NHS).

I'm easy to sway, yet overthink and screwed myself by listening to the internet. Should've just gone and done some generic IT degree at a shit uni like my friends. I thought post-school life was just as rigid as school. I didn't know that your degree wouldn't necessarily determine your career.