This shit went from #190 to #92 in mcap in a matter of days...

This shit went from #190 to #92 in mcap in a matter of days. how many more of the Jow Forums peanut gallery does it have to flip before you start paying attention?

Attached: B84C3D99-BF53-4CD6-89B1-BCE353B6CF66.png (400x400, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/a/39033
electriccoin.co/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/
github.com/EYBlockchain/nightfall
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1 GRIN/s FOREVER
LOL, enjoy your scam.

>can’t recognize accumulation when it’s staring him in the face

I look forward to seeing you fomo in at $10/Grin

This is technically decreasing inflation.

Silently moons

Attached: 47BD17D2-9B9B-434B-B254-C084BF4C032C.jpg (400x400, 7K)

Are there any functional Windows wallets yet? Haven't checked in on GRIN since like Feb

Why is this crappy project taking off? I tried it. It's useless. It doesn't work. Tried to send myself some money from the exchange and disappeared on the way. NEVER has that happened with Monero or any other crypto. Glad I only bought one of these.

Attached: 1548659805352.jpg (720x720, 32K)

They’re just now coming out

Grin required too high of an IQ to understand and use up until the past couple weeks....now it 3x’s. Guys I think we are going to make it

Attached: CE02A2E9-8DE7-4D12-BD2D-F40A2B8CF0B6.jpg (1280x802, 162K)

>like grin but easy to use
This actually might be something.

>1 MILLION GRIN/s FOREVER
LOL, enjoy your scam.

The exchange still has your coins. Contact them and have them show you the txids. Coins either successfully move from wallet to wallet or don’t at all.

this is just the indicator that we are still in a 3 year bullmarket. BTC has to go bellow 1k and 90% of alts have to die

Just contacted them (a1.exchange) and asked them for the txids. Let's see what happens.

What's interesting about grin and beam is that they don't have quickly growing blockchain, this makes them different from pretty much everything else out there.

What is the relationship between BEAM and Grin? Is BEAM just a Grin wallet?

We VIDT now.

Holding 2 months now, the History of the Coin is God Tier meme material. Also, mimblewimble as a sidechain on BTC make it a great chash coin

it's a shitcoin, shitcoin flipping other shitcoins is no special reason to care about it.

>IMPORTANT UPDATE: On block #262,080, Grin will hard fork. Click this banner for more information.

you have 1 month of parabolic rises until hardfork

>What's interesting about grin and beam is that they don't have quickly growing blockchain, this makes them different from pretty much everything else out there.
they do, you believed a marketing lie.
Every historical transaction in Grin leaves a 100 byte kernel - forever.
For comparison, a base ethereum transaction is ~109 bytes.
ethereum.stackexchange.com/a/39033

Yes grin has private amounts, which is a different functionality, but you can't claim it's more scalable.

Monero post bulletproofs tx size is 2330 bytes. Apples to apples, user.

Sounds like they could be competitors to XMR.

BEAM seems like it has more investment potential than Grin because the amount is limited.

He stated
>What's interesting about grin and beam is that they don't have quickly growing blockchain, this makes them different from pretty much everything else out there.
which is false
yes monero transactions are bigger, but that's not an apple to apple comparison because monero has ringCT for anonymity. Grin only has encrypted amounts, there's no mixing (anonymity) at all.

XMR as it is just barely works. For full anonimity you have to run the full node, which takes forever to sync if you don't run it every day.

>Grin only has encrypted amounts, there's no mixing (anonymity) at all
So are you saying it's not anonymous at all, but they cannot see how much money you have in your wallet?

>So are you saying it's not anonymous at all, but they cannot see how much money you have in your wallet?
I don't want a pointless discussion about semantics so let's define terms:
private - amounts are private
anonymous - you can't trace the coins
Grin is private but not anonymous, because everything is visible if you look at mempools in realtime
Monero is private and semi-anonymous (anonymity set of origin equivalent to number of mixins, not perfect, no anonymity set for outputs)
Zcash shielded transactions are private and anonymous (the anonymity of the shielded set is the best blackbox that's physically possible).

Thanks for this overview.

What's your opinion on ZCash? The developers apparently said that it was compromised.

Is it likely that somebody will come up with a version of zcash that is more secure?

The first version of zcash generated the trusted setup in a multiparty procedure with 6 participants or something like that.
They put all data needed to verify the procedure online.
In 2018 someone found out a mistake in the multiparty procedure, it turned out it was possible to reconstruct the 'toxic waste' from the provided files. This would allow someone to print infinite coins.
That's when they deleted the verification files and claimed they were 'lost', while working on a replacement.
The replacement is called sapling and it went on in the last hard fork, it had a much better multiparty generation involving 80+ people.
Previous shielded outputs can only be spent to a transparent address. This is done to verify the total amount. So far no discrepancy happened.

As far as I understand the bug in question was so complex probably only dozens of cryptography experts on the planet would be able to exploit it.

electriccoin.co/blog/zcash-counterfeiting-vulnerability-successfully-remediated/

My concern about zcash is that I remember seeing some twitter screencaps from one of the developers hinting that they had made some concessions to law enforcement.

I didn't save the screen caps though. I wish I could see it again to see if it's cause for concern or not. But after I saw it , I concluded that only XMR was truly anonymous.

it's a sleeper because the devs focus on the tech instead of marketing or flashy gui. but it's not a rocket ship either and you shouldn't expect it to be if you do the math.

that's actually opposite of a scam.

As soon as the new obilisk miners are out (October) this shit will fall, you have a few months of your golden bull run remaining. After than its very uncertain

Fuck. I forgot. This is why I come to Jow Forums

Whoever made Grin expects to control the mining. But it's not suitable for HODL.

GRIN will end up the same way DOGE did.

What other coins have anonymity and privacy?
Any that are being developed /not released?

Thoughts on "Bitcoin Private"?
A monero clone using a "Bitcoin" name?

I tried XMR a while ago but the interface felt clunky and the blockchain took forever to download. Have there been improvements in that regard?

With Grin I can't accidentally send to a wrong address. The invoice system makes sure I actually send where I want to. It makes me worry less. Plus it seems that the blockchain size this time will be more manageable.

>Plus it seems that the blockchain size this time will be more manageable
Apparently, that's not true. It creates a permanent 100byte addition to the blockchain for every transaction.

Still about 20x less than Monero.

Thoughts on deeponion?
What about dash and its forks like Tele?

Question is what the hell is causing the pump

Asic manufacturers or meaby the gpu miners trying a final big pump before the asic mining

That makes no sense. There’s a hard fork scheduled to change up the PoW and Asics don’t cause the price to dump anyways

Beam and Grin both pump and dump in unison for some reason.

>My concern about zcash is that I remember seeing some twitter screencaps from one of the developers hinting that they had made some concessions to law enforcement.
no this is just fud by monero, he meant something autistic not related to tech, like relying on exchanges kyc I guess
>Any that are being developed /not released?
zk-snarks and zk-starks on ethereum.
github.com/EYBlockchain/nightfall
the problem is high gas cost, but that's probably going to go down a lot with the next hard fork. If not, it's going to be much cheaper when eth2.0 happens.
I think pure anonymity coins have no future because of this. Imagine anonymous and private DAI.

forgot to quote, see don't know about deeponion or tele.
Dash has the same anonymity/privacy as bitcoin with coinjoin, although in practice worse because there are less users