Is Monero quite possibly, /ourcoin/?

Is Monero quite possibly, /ourcoin/?
>adaptive blocksize (gtfo bcash, and SV)
>fungible coins, a fundamental part of currency
>i2p integration being worked on as we speak
>RandomX mining algorithm to be deployed in October
which will increase decentralization and banishes ASICs from the network forever, while also keeping mining more egalitarian
>the cutting edge of development and privacy in the crypto space
>stealth addresses, ring signatures and confidential transactions
>private by default
>Monero messaging system
>code has be audited and reworked endlessly by the third highest developer count of all cryptocurrencies, only behind BTC and ETH
>devs fully funded by the community
see: ccs.getmonero.org/

Monero is literally the closest thing to cash we can get when it comes to crypto
>>but muh government will ban it
they said the same about bitcoin in the early days
>>but what about zcash?
Zcash has many problems, they have talked about implementing back doors for governments(literally wtf), have a dev tax, trusted setup is massive issue, not being private by default makes all private transactions essentially useless through analysis heuristics,
see: twitter.com/jehrenhofer/status/993981807900143618?s=21

other resources:
Monero talk: youtube.com/channel/UC3Hx81QYLoEQkm3vyl4N4eQ

Breaking Monero:
youtube.com/channel/UCKxLNPJeEjPXOke55i5AIXA

Why are you fucking around with pump and dump shitcoins when you could be hodling this gem?

Attached: download.png (310x163, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/cryptocurrency-isnt-useful-for-terrorists-cash/
bestchange.com/bitcoin-to-monero.html
bestchange.com/ethereum-to-monero.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because Jow Forums is full of speculative investors who view crypto as a get rich quick scheme and not anarcho-capitalists who view crypto as the beginning of the fourth industrial revolution and a means to restoring power and privacy to the people from tyrannical governments and unfair taxes by reintroducing the fundamentals of sound money principals to the modern computer era.

I believe so. If Monero becomes a common micropayments coin, it will absolutely smash it.

Because Jow Forums isn’t based. Chainlink is not based. Nu/biz/ only cares about getting rich as quick as possible and essentially has a gamblers mindset. They don’t want steady gains long into the future they want a moonmission in a short time cause all your based coiners left after they got rich in 2017 and now you have the leftovers from that

red pill

but it is too big and and every node will have to buy another ssd for 100 bucks every 5 years to store the blockchain

who gets to deploy new mining algorithms and how can i trust them?

>what is pruning
Do your research before saying dumb shit

monero is a dead man walking. it will be B A N N E D sooner or later by governments and its value drop to zero. i really like it, but its eventually a death row inmate waiting for "the day". its not a privacy coin but a anonymity coin that allows terror financing, crime, money laundering and tax evasion. the day will come and it will be entirely worthless in just a few hours.

>terror financing, crime, money laundering, tax evasion
>useless

Pick one

if you don't get it i honestly recommend you put your money into XMR and get ready to "enjoy poverty" one random morning

>when the government bans things it loses value
KEK

Waiting for that fag who posts in every XMR thread about going to prison. I hate that guy but he’s actually right
>get caught using XMR
>government doesn’t like that
>say you’re funding criminals/terrorists even though you aren’t
>get 5-10years in prison
I think I’m going to stay away and just use usd like a good patriotic citizen. No need for anarchists money when I can use dollars. Hopefully others will see the light too.

This. We keep having these threads but the fact is most of this board is filled with moonkids that have no appreciation for how powerful Monero actually is. They'd rather rally behind some ERC20 token.

Most of Jow Forums chases pumps like a divorced man desperate to pay alimony and child support for 10 kids... us monero-chads aren't speculators. I'm exchanging my worthless fiat for the currency of the future.

What a wuss. People were saying the same about BTC in 2011.

You don't have to trust anyone. Monero is an open book. Hell, you could probably help develop it if you had knowledge on creating the kind of algorithm they want to make.

does anyone remember when everyone thought that bitcoin was anonymous and regurgitated this same bullshit? (terrorists will use it, money laundering ect) at this point its all FUD anyway
see:
ccn.com/cryptocurrency-isnt-useful-for-terrorists-cash/
Based as fuck
its a community consensus just the same way bitcoin works
maybe, but Monero don't give a fuck
what makes people so eager to think that if you want financial privacy you're automatically doing something illegal? this is insanity to me. PRIVACY IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT
imagine if everyone in the whole world could peer into your bank account and see all incoming and outbound transactions - because that's EXACTLY what bitcoin allows someone to do.

forgot to mention, along with community consensus the Monero community funds audits of the code by multiple third parties to ensure that there are no major flaws that exist. this has become standard process now.

What's the best, most anonymous way to buy some?

Xmr atm or binance with VPN

And an ERC20 token that relies on 3rd party partnerships to be successful. Monero doesn’t need any help to keep going up

The VPN may mask my IP but surely the transaction logs would still be on my account, which is KYC'd. Or do you mean a fresh account with VPN? I would prefer an atm but there's literally none in my country.

no because it's (((theircoin)))

Agreed.
New account + VPN I think he means. Obviously you're limited to 2 BTC amount withdrawal in this case. Another option is the BISQ dex app.

Obv a new account. Who the hell does kyc for binance ?

>no because it's (((theircoin)))
It's quite obviously not.

that's why I invest in Cardano and XRP

Not KYC but they've got my email and 2fa account. Still all my on ramps are tied to my identity (cuckbase, wirex) and any new site I would have to use my card which obviously is revealing. Would a BTC mixer be the best way to get clean funds to Binance?

>anonymous board
>not all in on anonymous coins
>instead all in on a coin a kike can kill at the stroke of a pen by saying we are not using chainlink

Wew

This.

Bitcoin and monero are all that matters. Fucking shitcoiners ruin this board.

> will be B A N N E D sooner or later by governments and its value drop to zero.
Yeah sure user, everyone knows how cocaine dropped its value to zero after it got banned by the governments. Everything that is banned and illegal becomes fucking cheap. All people who trade cocaine are fucking poor now.

Attached: 1_nz5P_wQr2kltLEoEgk2hTw.jpg (980x490, 96K)

You are retarded and need to leave crypto immediately.

Go invest in USD

>Would a BTC mixer be the best way to get clean funds to Binance?
Maybe, but I've read reports of picking up tainted BTC through mixers and then getting flagged/account locked by exchanges when you deposit to them. Is mining an option?

I'll look into BISQ too ty user

This. Normies are flooding ouR BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The fud against xmr reminds me of the cucks that hamstrung Gamergate... "muh pr!", "muh gotta stay credible in the eyes of mainstream media", "muh we gotta become good goys to achieve our goals".

I hate the slow redditification of this site into supporting the "acceptable", Jow Forums is supposed to be a gathering anarchic shitlords that want to see the current world burn.

I've not looked into mining but I know Monero is meant to be friendly for GPU mining right? I have a 980TI 6gb and an I7 4400k or something like that. Any miners know what kinda returns that'll get? Also is a pool the best option?

Don't worry, the only people who fud monero this way are paid bsv 15 rupee pajeets.

you can def mine with that HW. Monero is striving to keep mining as egalitarian as possible so that individuals can get their hands on some without having to invest in ASICS.

Did you mean Cash?

Attached: 469.jpg (489x499, 27K)

Mossad will confirm it's not

if you are a criminal or want to buy drugs then its your coin
if you want to make money then no. this shit will get delisted from everyone and dump hard. you wont be able to even cash out
>inb4 durr I dun even want to cash out

+15 rupees

Do you know where I can mine? Is a pool the best option or is there a client or something I can download? I'll research this more when I'm done waging but if anyone could point me in the right direction.

How do you stop a peer to peer electronic cash that’s private from cashing out if people can just trade paper cash for Monero by sending from wallet A to wallet B ?

The government couldn’t stop torrenting, they couldn’t stop alcohol or drugs, what makes you think they can stop Monero ?

haha yeah bro every time you want to cash out you have to find a random pajeet from the street to give you thousands in cash good luck with that bro

Oh you are so smart, u can proudly grab another 15 rupees.
Everyone knows that illegal things cost less. like cocaine, which has maybe the lowest return of investments. Or let's remember how cheap was alcohol in the USA while it was banned in 1920 - 1933.
So it's obvious that XMR price will dump hard if governments ban it.

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

supportxmr
follow the config generator on the site

Monero is still GPU-friendly to mine, at least for the next few months, and it looks like after the RandomX hard fork Nvidia GPUs will be alright.

You're going to want to use a pool. I have had good luck with minexmr. Download the latest Monero GUI wallet from github, get an address for yourself, download xmr-stak from github, then just fire up xmr-stak and answer the prompts and you're mining. Don't get too excited, you're only going to be mining about $1 of Monero per day with that hardware but hey it's something.

>poonero is just like drugs!!
>people will be addicted to poonero and seek to buy more!!
ahaahahah poonerotards are really this dumb and delusional

Attached: 4235344462534.jpg (317x267, 19K)

U faggots have no clue. First you should read thecaseforbsv.com , there is a small section in the middle on XMR that explains why it will go down. You kids cannot even understand the difference between privacy and anonymity. Bitcoin is legal and will stay legal (at least bsv) because law enforcement can TRACK IT. Which they have done plenty. Its by now ROUTINE for mid tier law enforcement to track Bitcoin payment streams. You cannot do that with Monero. DING DING DING. This pisses them off already since a few years. Once XMR crosses a certain awareness thresshold (price or some mainstream crypto news that gets this agenda on the table) Monero will get BANNED in one country after another. Thats a huge fucking problem for legislators and laws that this “””privacy””” coin is actually not private as Bitcoin is but anonymous. You really need to be Sub 80IQ or totally naive to think there is any other way. This happened with egold and liberty reserve before: one day they will go down to ZERO within moments. It’s inevitable. Im an old guy i know how this show is run. When you least expect it law enforcement and legislators will take it down.

How though?
>Law Enforcement: Hey, stop using Monero!
>Monero users: No.

If crypto gets banned, you're poo poofta coin gets banned too, retarded idiot.

>they did it to e-gold

This isn’t e-gold R tard. They shut down e gold cause it was a company they could shut down. How do you shutdown decentralized code ? You dont

U Fucking retard, read it on the website i quoted, i wont copy-paste spoonfed you from my phone

And this is bullish. Very bullish.

Lol exactly as I've said

>monero users
>users
so.. what you gonna use your monero for? if its banned that means no store will ever accept it as payment except drug dealers LMAO

Cheers anons I'll check them out. So say I download the GUI then the xmr-stak, where does the mining pool come in?

In a nutshell: no one will want it cause you cannot buy real world legal stuff with it. Theres no use for a currency that you cannot exchange for real world goods or money. Why should i own this? Thats why the price will go to zero. A banned currency. Why the fuck should i exchange my btc for xmr if xmr is banned? At least i can cash out my btc to usd somewhere. You wont be able to do so with xmr. The price of XMR will go to zero cause every real world exchange that is certified for fiat will delist it. It will simply go down to zero cause it becomes USELESS. its not the coin ban itself that kills it, its the exchanges that cut it off from getting converted into fiat. You can convert every shitcoin into fiat one way or the other but you wont be able to do that with a banned currency. And good luck with a DEX: exchanging it there for other crypto assumes that you find someone who is so stupid to actually want this USELESS money. Get it now?

>i wont copy-paste spoonfed you from my phone
If Monero gets delisted from exchanges, it'll still have a street price, even if it's almost worthless. I mean, if you want to use it, it'll be there.
xmr.to. You can already use Monero everywhere bitcoin is accepted.
When you fire up xmr-stak, it'll ask you which pool you're connecting to (minexmr, supportxmr, etc.) and the pool's website is basically an easy to read interface for seeing when the pool found their last block and what your share is. Usually the free payout threshold is like 0.5 XMR or 1 XMR, so you might have to mine for a little while.

>pow as a choice
>main "dev" is a fat fuck, loves ponies, hasn't worked on anything for years and flashes his wealth on normalshit
>no real progress whatsoever on wallet software
>fundamentally unsound because why would you use a crypto only criminals use
>tons of bagholders yearning to dump on you
when you put it that way it is kind of the Jow Forums coin
but it's not a sound investment, that's for sure

You will enjoy poverty, im certain of that.

>You can already use Monero
because its not banned yet moron

> drug dealers
U have no idea how much money are laundered with crypto by corrupt oligarchs and politicians.
While adoption increases and while offshore banking is under more and more pressure, it will be used more and more.

And drug dealers won't go anywhere too.
If Monero gets banned and delisted from cexes, these people will continue using XMR to hide their money. Eventually trading will be done on dexes and/or darknet exchanges.
I understand that u will continue arguing because otherwise u won't get your rupees, but if u are smart pajeet u should invest your rupees in Monero.

You kids are just retarded, seriously i will enjoy your tears. I shouldn't even redpill you faggots here, you all deserve to loose the little that you have when this shit gets the rope /saged

Idiot nucoiner. There are tons of ways to convert crypto to crypto, crypto to fiat and crypto to real-life-items without any bureaucracy.

>monero gonna crash da system! fuck the evil government and elites!!!
>monero is gonna help all the rich elites hide their money
topkek. you poonerotards will say the dumbest shit to justify your bags. enjoy your ride to 1 dollar pajeetoid

Monero can already be used for micropayments because it has lightweight wallets and cheap transactions.

>price will go to zero. A banned currency
Yeah pajeets everyone remembers how gold went to zero in USA when it was banned by Roosevelt.

Attached: images (2).jpg (221x228, 9K)

Based
Been saving this

Attached: 1533000271415.jpg (576x1024, 160K)

Except that I don't care to what fiat value Monero drops down to or not. It's the currency of the future and if it's ever banned to be purchased via fiat it will become infinitely more valuable.

1 Monero will always be 1 Monero.

>he doesn't know
lmao thanks for doing my arguments for me dumbass

Attached: 42342432.png (867x615, 42K)

Xmr threads here are the worst. Can't you guys fuck off into your link/bsv/shitcoin of the week threads?

Monero has left me financially ruined.

The only people who benefit from a tool like Monero are criminals

Cash is king if you want to stay on the DL

For everything else use Bitcoin, a private pseudonymous immutable ledger

Anti-Monero shills don't realize that there are already peer-to-peer exchangers that support Monero.. No exchanges, no KYC, even no DEXes.

Basically a service like ShapeShift except without KYC where you send BTC/LTC/BCH/ETH and get XMR back, and vice versa. Try banning Monero, they'll only become more widespread.

It was confiscated at price of $20 per oz, and after that gold price was immediately risen to $35.
Now guess what was real price on US black market, while all trading was forbidden?

good goy

>monero
Shit
Will
Never
Pump

I’ve hodled this coin for ages to see it bleed sats since forever ago. Just buy Grin.

the face price is irrelevant dumbass as it was still pegged to the dollar that time. only price adjusted with inflation matters as its shown on the chart

also, gold was never banned, it was simply banned from being hoarded as an emergency for world war, it was still accepted as payment from everyone and you still got cash back for trading it

poonero on the other hand will get banned from not only exchanges but from all stores, no store will ever accept it except drug dealers. If you can't spend your shitcoin then its worthless. If you can't convert it to cash its worthless. Enjoy your bags pajeetoid

> Grin
I've heard it's backed by (((Barry Silbert))).
Not sure if it's true though.

What's a good non-coinbase way to pick up xmr? I'd like to nab ~50 of 'em. I can go through coinbase the cheapest but don't know if there's any less documented options from fiat that don't charge too high a premium. Otherwise i'll just go ahead and use coinbase

Monero is the adoption coin rather than a HODL coin. It will pump when it gets adopted for micropayments, but it will pump really hard.

Grin is backed by lots of rich people who want to see it moon. Doesn’t change the fact that its motives, ideals, and goals are as pure as driven snow.

When will Filecoin and Chia likely launch mainnets?”

Attached: chia seeds.jpg (303x166, 8K)

>jew detected

bestchange.com/bitcoin-to-monero.html
bestchange.com/ethereum-to-monero.html
No KYC, a small premium

> also, gold was never banned, it was simply banned from being hoarded as an emergency for world war, it was still accepted as payment from everyone and you still got cash back for trading it
Hurr durr
Honk Honk.
> Gus Farber, a diamond and jewelry merchant from San Francisco, was prosecuted for the sale of thirteen $20 gold coins without a license. Secret Service agents discovered the sale with the help of the buyer. Farber, his father, and 12 others were arrested in four American cities after a sting operation conducted by the United States Secret Service. The arrests took place simultaneously in New York and three California cities, San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland. Morris Anolik was arrested in New York with $5,000 in U.S. and foreign gold coins; Dan Levin and Edward Friedman of San Jose were arrested with $15,000 in gold; Sam Nankin was arrested in Oakland; in San Francisco, nine men were arrested on charges of hoarding gold. In all, $24,000 in gold was seized by Secret Service Agents during the operation.

> will get banned from not only exchanges but from all stores, no store will ever accept it except drug dealers. If you can't spend your shitcoin then its worthless. If you can't convert it to cash its worthless.
But u will always be able to convert it to cash because of darknet, cash trades and dexes.
When Bitcoin becomes world's currency or when offshores will no longer exist (they are already being pressured very hard) how do u think people will launder money if not with Monero or other anonymous coins?
Not everyone is so cucked to be ready to pay 40% income taxes, and bribes will always exist too.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS BOARD, FUCKING GOVERNMENT KEK!!!

Attached: 1519912956703.jpg (703x685, 71K)

Do not use this. It hasn’t been vetted by the Monero community

>But u will always be able to convert it to cash because of darknet, cash trades and dexes.

exactly dumbass. thats why it will always be a criminal coin. No normie will ever go on darknet or trade it for cash in real life. Only criminals would go through all that trouble. You are too dumb to realize this but the only reason all these shitcoins worth millions in mcap is because normies having been buying them from exchanges. When it gets banned all of these people will DUMP it on your face

bullish as fuck

>he thinks normies will pump his bags

Look who’s been pumping bitcoin, tether, which is run by criminals. criminals always have the most money

Retard, not normies are carrying the price with their $200 investments, but large money launderers.
Monero is currently at $1,65 billion market cap, imagine how it will moon if someone decides to launder as little as $1billion, which is more than half of Monero marketcap?
Normies will fomo in the time they will see how price increases.

Anyone who invested in Monero at any point in 2018-2019 got justed hard, if not by dumping in fiat then in opportunity cost by not investing in BTC, LTC, ETH, hell any well-established coin instead.

The joke is on the bagholders and I’m ashamed to count myself among them.

Are you retarded? You can’t launder money like that. The po po will just nab the criminal at the exchange.

dont forget the inflation will be less than btc's until the next halving.

> launder as little as 1bn USD
HELLO? SOME KID IS SEARCHING FOR HIS MOMMY TO PICK HIM UP

holy fuck this is the most retarded thread full of wannabes and clueless people i've seen in biz for at least a week. so many children and man children who honestly cannot 1+1 and try to sell their staggering incompetence as MUH PRIVACY COIN. XMR will go to ZERO and there's not a thing in the world you can do against it, especially not your retarded pseudo argumentation. Get a fucking education so that at least your figures come not off as totally batshit insane. "1bn in laundered money via monero. "Myass. What a braindead fucking retard.