Be 2:30 PM EST

>be 2:30 PM EST
>Jerome Powell begins his speech
>"DEATH TO THE BULL RUN! TODAY THE REIGN OF THE BESR BEGINS. 10% RATE HIKE"

Attached: MW-GF962_powell_20180321151654_MG.jpg (569x398, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/
multpl.com/s-p-500-pe-ratio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck, I wish. We need higher rates, even if it means the bubble has to collapse.

Higher rates would be so epic. Holy shit world would instantly collapse

He wanted to raise them and be fiscally responsible, but influencers have his nuts in a little jar and he quickly found out how the real world works.

This.

Doesn’t matter tho, recession is still coming. The fed started cutting rates BEFORE both 2008 and 2001 happened. We will get the same shortly

Inflation and higher rates is the only way out of this boomer hell. Powell is ultimate boomer and will cut rates and promise to set them negative if needed

>Record employment and tons of head room for greater domestic production of goods and services needs a rate hike because....
Whats this conventional wisdom about higher rates being a good thing all about?

Attached: B8A35D09-FDB5-45E6-B9D5-21138AC156C0.png (741x568, 29K)

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

Lower rates allow a lot of bullshit to permeate through the economy. Including inflation

>we need higher rates

not necessarily true. the only reason to raise rates is to combat inflation. inflation isn't growing as nearly as fast and has been quite stagnant

go start a family and buy a house with your record employment.

go try and get drunk by drinking wine when the fed pours in endless amounts of water in that shit.

>t. no inflation because my big mac still costs the same

jokes on you, I could still lose half the value of my stocks and 90% of them will not only keep paying me a dividend, they'll increase that dividend. meanwhile I'll dollar cost average until the shit pumps right on back to all time highs making me rich in the process.

is this babbys first experience arguing inflation?

usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

we're at 1.8, below 2. anything below 4 is fine and the average is about 2.2 to 3.

One way or another its going to collapse.

We need higher rates because the economy has to sort out the bad apples or all apples become bad.

The longer this lasts the worse will be the recovery (too many good apples turned bad).

can you please explain what you mean by this?

how does higher rates sort out bad apples?

nevermind, I actually want people to believe this too

um sweetie have you looked at the stock markets and housing prices lately?

Chuckling at all the cope. Economy is about to nosedive and it's all because of orange retard in the white house. You know why right? Because his entire life he's been succeeding on the "too big to fail" theory (well that and a gaping tax loophole) - that's how he managed to get good deals on repaying his exorbitant debts.
Tariffs are just his way of trying to apply that theory on the scale of nation-to-nation trading, but other countries are happy to let the US fail.

My guess is Powell is just gonna say "not raising or lowering rates"

>im too fucking stupid to know what the right rate should be in the current economic clinate
well then just come out and say it, shillomo.

Its ok if you're incapable of identifying what the sweet spot is. Just dont act like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: 0C463045-32B9-4309-B5CC-343F412F789D.jpg (381x500, 190K)

P/E of the S&P 500 is just slightly above statistical average see below and pic related:

multpl.com/s-p-500-pe-ratio

Housing prices go up because people have more access to loans. The difference between loans today and loans before 2009 is that the banks are assessing risk better due to regulations.

There is going to be a correction in the stock market, my hopes is that it goes down between 20-30% for cheapies. However currently, at this time, inflation isn't an issue based on historical values.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 8.33.11 AM.png (930x709, 76K)

YOU'LL CUT RATES YOU BOOMER OR YOU ARE FIRED STAY AWAY FROM THE RATE HIKE BUTTON

Attached: 78asdva32.jpg (850x680, 96K)

you had your chance twice in the last 6 months. where the fuck have you been?

I am posting from a phone, but google "overheating economy".
Capitalism needs recessions to reallocade resources effectivly, if that doesnt happen the number of unproductiv companies raises binding capital and workforce.

If this lasts for too long other countries are going to make the products of tommorow, while you if lucky still produce the ones from the past.

I work in one of these companies, if it crashes we are going to close and since there will be no replacement its over

dollar cost averaging. YTD i'm up $35K

I'm talking about one that last 6-16 months. so that I can not only use my extra stashed cash for a correction but also employ new earned capital.

a recession isn't necessary to reallocate resources efficiently through capitalism. sure it helps, but that has nothing to do with inflation or rate hikes and everything to do with balance sheets and growth. companies like JNJ, PG, KO are able to weather depressions, recessions, etc. because they have always had great balance sheets and large economic moats

Well Bois, I have some bad news for you...
RAPE HIKE!!!

Attached: uncle_powell_time_look_at_the_time_2.png (418x455, 119K)

>No inflation...
Look at the cost of education, housing, food and automobiles. Inflation is only low cause wall street is keeping all the profits and the average salary hasn't increased in decades.
Cheap money creates bubbles every where.

JAPAN POST BANK is Bottom price NOW!!

Blue-chip stock and laggards stock
It's code is 7182

Japanese state-owned bank.
Its Banks will never go bankrupt.
Stable and continuing dividend.

just because one thing is inflated doesn't mean national average inflation is massive

I could point to the cost of TV's over time, does that mean there is no inflation because a TV today cost 1/5 of what it did 10 years ago?

also education is inflated because the government 100% backs all student loans = schools can just charge more and those lending have 0% risk

>DO YOU THINK BULLETS CAN STOP THE RATE HIKE
>YOU ASSHOLES HAVE BEEN SAYING I AM TRUMP'S BITCH. SOON YOU WILL ALL BE MY BITCH AS I TANK YOUR PORTFOLIOS!
>ALL HAIL THE BEAR MARKET OF 2019!!!

Attached: gettyimages-1092273248-1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 218K)

>the only reason to raise rates is to combat inflation
lmao

>"we have to prepare NOW to be ready for the next encounter with the ELB"

Attached: mnuchin and powell livin it up.jpg (1910x1239, 182K)