Blue collar is shit

Blue collar is fucking sucks ass.

Prove me wrong.
SUPER cut throat.
Pay is shit outside a union.
Even in a union, you get criticized for everything (i.e. if you sweat on the job for instance, if you take some time off you will be laid off from the job even in a union, etc.).
Shit ton of safety rules. You forget one thing, and you are analy fucked.
Actually legitimately complicated (especially when you become a journeyman and have to know what to do when you see an empty room), yet the pay doesn't justify it.
There are easier jobs with more pay out there (teaching k-12 for instance).
You get treated like a pile of shit too as an apprentice (5 yrs).
The work is hard. No vacations even in a union. Most likely no benefits outside a union.
No down time (you literally work every single second with no time to breathe).

So to summarize, blue collar work is balls. Well ALL physical work actually. Just a fact. Bottom of the barrel.

Also to add, full time in general is ass. You're a rat in a cage. I'm happy with this easy as shit part time job. Only have to work 2-3 days a week. Doesn't pay much, but just enough.

Attached: 1545430701162.png (992x1856, 141K)

You're retarded

some people don't have the privilege of living in their parents basement for their entire lives

Wow, you don't say. Never would have thought of that if you hadn't told us

No u (faggot)
Thing is I make enough with this job to live with a roommate, bootlicker.
Some people actually think the trades are worth it, jackass

Yeah working sucks galactic camel dicks. What's your point retard? You work part time as a wagecuck and share a space with another wagecuck, so who the fuck do you think you are?

Ok? U are barely making enough to survive, is that how you want to live out the rest of your life on earth? U also sound like you've never had a blue collar job in your life

>Some people actually think the trades are worth it, jackass
lmao
Just where do you think you are? Nobody here thinks anything other than being a cryptoneet or some kind of scammer or get rich quick hustler is worth it. And we're right.

Someone with an actual work-life balance?

I did blue collar for a bit and know people in a union hence my rant. Shit was the worst thing ever.
Also,
>U are barely making enough to survive, is that how you want to live out the rest of your life on earth?
No shit as long as I have a lot of free time, that's ALL that actually matters.
Plus, most full time workers have it rough too (I can post stats to show how the GRAAAAAAAND majority of workers are generally fucked anyways if you'd like??)

I don't just mean this board. I meant people in general. And ya, it is right to think of other ways to make money other than being someone's bitch. I never disagreed with that at all.

>work-life balance
thanks for the keks, cope harder wagie

Attached: 1554184116508.jpg (800x567, 20K)

>calls me wagie when I work less than you

Are you stupid?

Just in case anyone is reading this retard's post and making life choices on it, he's wrong about the union.
Since I've joined the union, I've been treated with the utmost respect by everyone on the jobsite, anything else is just banter between men. They've done their time, they know how life is.

>>safety rules
Kek at what a NEET thinks a jobsite is, only on large commercial jobs does anyone give a shit about safety, and that's because we're working with shit that'll kill you. Even then, everytime I've lapsed in safety, the superintendent comes up and warns me about what I'm doing. If OSHA actually shows up to the jobsite, the foreman sends us home with 8 hours. I still have the oppurtunity to say I won't do anything I think is too dangerous, there are no repurcussions.
>>legitimately complicated
Only a retard working part time at a desk job would think this is a downside. You learn how to do a valuable skill, and it feels fantastic. It's the perfect balance between working with your hands and your mind. I'm able bodied, and I'm taking home knowledge that I can sell to people.
>>no vacations in the union
Flat out wrong, we get a holiday check every quarter, and three weeks paid vacation a year. That's not including when you just ask your boss if you can have a long weekend. I've asked a foreman on Wednesday if I could have the next week off and he answered yes, as if I were stupid for even asking.

Attached: 1524423674346-biz.png (500x775, 340K)

>>no downtime
It's in our contact to take a 45 minute (foreman extends it to an hour) break at 9, and an hour break (hour thirty) at 12. I hear from my friends in the white collar world about doing nothing all day but browsing the internet. While I get to be completely occupied by my task all day, and get to look at what I've created in the end. It's a wonderful feeling.
>>shit pay
The money is there if you want it, overtime is double pay, and there's always side jobs. Also, if you're a jew, you can always upcharge people. My first boss used to buy a surge protector for about $30, then charge people $500 for the part alone, not including labor. Wages will give you your own house (not rooming with another man like the NEET) and extra to spend with all your freetime.
Trades aren't for everyone. But there are many paths you can take with them, and you might enjoy one. I've found myself thinking during the workday that I'm actually having fun, making something so neat and beautiful.
Fuck first time I've taken a NEET's bait.

Attached: 1558676594659-biz.jpg (250x203, 5K)

Theres no way in hell a teacher earns more than a qualified tradesman unless they are the dean at some fancy private school.

Keep coping. Teachers in california make 80k average. They make more or less depending on states. Electricians here for instance make like 60k cap outside a union (probably no benefits) and 80-90k cap in a union (as jourmeymen). You're full of shit. Every job has breaks because it's illegal not to. I am saying WITHIN the job itself WHILE working, there is no breathing room. You have to be super productive the whole time. Retard.

>Since I've joined the union, I've been treated with the utmost respect by everyone on the jobsite, anything else is just banter between men. They've done their time, they know how life is.

Literally the opposite from what people Ik say. I also went to trade school and I was an A student and even I was yelled at in a daily bases.

>Kek at what a NEET thinks a jobsite is, only on large commercial jobs does anyone give a shit about safety,
Ya, you're not in a union. Larper.

>and that's because we're working with shit that'll kill you. Even then, everytime I've lapsed in safety, the superintendent comes up and warns me about what I'm doing. If OSHA actually shows up to the jobsite, the foreman sends us home with 8 hours. I still have the oppurtunity to say I won't do anything I think is too dangerous, there are no repurcussions.
Ik a guy that actually face no consequences but ONLY because the people taking pics weren't from osha. They would have eaten him out if it were osha.

>Only a retard working part time at a desk job would think this is a downside.
It is a down side given the mediocre compensation, dumbass bootlicker.

>Since I've joined the union, I've been treated with the utmost respect by everyone on the jobsite
Dont you think that should be the case for non union staff too?
Instead unions bully people to be members under the "its for your own good" fallacy.
Its only for your own good because otherwise the union will bully you

>You learn how to do a valuable skill, and it feels fantastic.
Subjective opinion.

>It's the perfect balance between working with your hands and your mind. I'm able bodied, and I'm taking home knowledge that I can sell to people.
It's called back breaking work.

>Flat out wrong, we get a holiday check every quarter, and three weeks paid vacation a year.
That sounds 100% false. I asked everyone ik in the ibew and they say they get NO paid vacation AT ALL.

>That's not including when you just ask your boss if you can have a long weekend.
Which looks bad. A guy ik in the union was saying how that is looked down on and can affect your employability.

>I've asked a foreman on Wednesday if I could have the next week off and he answered yes, as if I were stupid for even asking.

Lol this has to be a larp. I hear LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE. They HATE people that take time off.

>The money is there if you want it, overtime is double pay, and there's always side jobs.
Overtime isn't double pay. Wtf are you talking about? It's 1.5.

>Also, if you're a jew, you can always upcharge people. My first boss used to buy a surge protector for about $30, then charge people $500 for the part alone, not including labor. Wages will give you your own house (not rooming with another man like the NEET) and extra to spend with all your freetime.

Free time in the trades? Keep dreaming. You have to sacrifice your personal life in the trades

>Trades aren't for everyone. But there are many paths you can take with them, and you might enjoy one. I've found myself thinking during the workday that I'm actually having fun, making something so neat and beautiful.
>Fuck first time I've taken a NEET's bait.

Do you even know what a NEET is, retard?

And honestly, you sound like a liar with the way you paint the trades as some chill environment. Other workers and foremans are out to get you. They are ON YOUR ASS when it comes to productivity and being fast as fuck.

Look. Blue collar sucks in general, BUT unions ARE in fact better.

I hate both in the trades, but unions ARE needed. Let's get that straight.
Non-union = SUPER shit pay. Union = pay isn't bad, BUT other jobs that are easier pay more or about the same for less work so the trades suck either way.

I. AM. SILLY.

My brother is in a union. He could snort coke off his bosses ass and everyone would just laugh and start bending some more conduit.

Kek... pretty sure that's not true. For example, the people ik did a bootcamp. Some people were passing it and doing fine. Then a drug test was done on everyone and people who did drugs were dropped from the union.

>went to trade school
>agree with the NEETS
I assume you couldn't take any criticism because you think yourself above others. Otherwise you would know what construction jobs are like. I've been told multiple times to slow down because I get so wrapped up in my work.
>you have to be super productive the whole time
This was my case while I was a non union laborer, but we still had ways to slack off. Also, I have no problem with actually being occupied with work while I'm at work. Why would you want to spend 8 hours shitposting, it slows time down to a crawl.
Like I said, when OSHA shows up to a residential job (they only show up to big ones) everyone is told to pack up and leave. The safety rules only go as far as are comfortable.
>mediocre compensation
What is good compensation for you? Minimum payments for Journeyman here are $36+benefits. Which, considering the local cost of living, affords an upper middleclass lifestyle. Family, home, and guarenteed retirement in your 50s. Even earlier if you're not retarded with your money. Tradespeople have many opportunities to make above 6 figures, especially when working on large jobs like government contracts. Also, like I said, if you're a jew you can find ways to scam homeowners out of their money. Many do it, because the clients are uniformed about what we're actually doing.
Also pic related, not a larper, I'm proud of my choice of employment.
When we are on the jobsite with non-union, there is no animosity. We are just men and women, doing a job. I know this is different for factory workers, who I hear are more intense about scabs undercutting their wages, but I've yet to see this in real life. From what I've heard, fanatical union politics have died down in the past couple decades. The only animosity I've seen my the local unions around here having are against large businesses that take advantage of their workers, like Walmart.

Attached: 20190619_200140.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

>>subjective opinion
So is everything in this thread, there's literally no evidence whatsoever given by anyone. This is my experience, just like how working part time and renting is OPs
>>backbreaking
The heaviest thing I carry is my tool pouch, and that's on my cart a lot of the time. Skilled labor isn't backbreaking.
>>no paid vacation at all
If I had my contract book I'd happily send a photo of it, we do get paid vacation, it accrues based on the hours you worked the previous year. Maybe it's different than the local I work for, but we do get exceptional benefits.
>>affect your employabilty
Even my foreman has taken days off before the weekend. Hell he hasn't been at the jobsite the last 3 days because his family is in town. When you're in a good shop you get to do this.
>>overtime isn't double
It differs on what day you're working, weekend is double, hours overtime on the weekday is 1.5.
>>no free time
Literally every weekend, also the hours are 6-2, so I get the entire day after that.

Yeah I know what a NEET is, a fat manchild who collects unemployment or disability. Not counting the ones who made it with meme coins.

Attached: 1517275881191-biz.png (456x690, 790K)